Author Topic: Fag-fixing and the Moral Majority  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fag-fixing and the Moral Majority
« on: December 07, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »
If it isn't drugs, programs are experts at finding things to justify their existence ('internet addiction,' homosexuality, etc.).

In the program you went to (please specify), was being gay considered a problem to be fixed?

Or maybe it was simply tied into your "drug problem"?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Re: Fag-fixing and the Moral Majority
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 11:11:19 AM »
Quote from: "Gue$t"
If it isn't drugs, programs are experts at finding things to justify their existence ('internet addiction,' homosexuality, etc.).

In the program you went to (please specify), was being gay considered a problem to be fixed?

PV doesn't offer to "fix" gay kids outright, they offer to resolve their "sexual confusion".  A former patient said the gay kids were always referred to as "sexually confused" despite their protests that there was no confusion about their orientation.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 12:12:29 PM »
The program I attended, tried to fix my homosexuality. They suggested that I at least consider myself bisexual. I was also on a no touching restriction, because I might make a pass at someone. About 1/3 of us were there for being gay. We all had the same diagnosis. A damaging diagnosis, that had as one of the criteria, "Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self ". Having been a therapist, it is not a diagnosis I give a patient lightly.

So yes, the facility I was in treated homosexuality. Most of us, were treated by using isolation for long periods of time. Every session I attended with my psychiatrist (2/week) was centered around my being a lesbian. He wanted to know, how I could know I was a lesbian, if I had not slept with anyone, male of female. In retrospect, I should have asked him how he knew he was straight, if he had never slept with a man? I have found that to be a conversation stopper every time.

The facility essentially told me that if I said I was androgynous to my parents, then I would be able to go home. I did and I got to go home about 3 months later. I don't know what happened to the 8-9 other lesbians on my unit. I do know one attempted suicide after returning from STRAIGHT, and not being able to see her girlfriend who was still locked up in the facility.

As for me, I stayed closeted until I completed college, then I finally came out. Granted, I had a girlfriend while in school. Unfortunately, the isolation techniques and touching ban of the facility have made it difficult for me to have intimate relationships. My parents still claim  my homosexuality was not one of their complaints. I clearly remember that it was. The DSM-IV, has something along these lines, "ego-dystonic homosexuality, was created for the DSM's third edition in 1980. Ego dystonic homosexuality was indicated by: (1) a persistent lack of heterosexual arousal, which the patient experienced as interfering with initiation or maintenance of wanted heterosexual relationships, and (2) persistent distress from a sustained pattern of unwanted homosexual arousal. " That has since been changed to "gender identity disorder" and is up for review again in 2010.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »
Fag-fixing.... That's a clever term for people hating.

CEDU Late 80's.
I don't recall any pervasive fag-fixology. Actually, I remember one student "who struggled with" lesbianism as a past disclosure and occasionally struggled with 'gay' thinking. I remember that if this person was being screamed at and couldn't come up with anything to deflect the heat this person could just bust out into a hysterical 'run your anger' session about their gay thinking and everyone would get blank faced and the facilitator would quickly move on.

So faggitry was an issue that the program preferred not to deal with. If a student kept bringing it up they would usualally suggest the cause was:

- because you got molested

and the good old fashion...

- "hey you got yourself sent here you fucking degenerate. You've been a fucking degenerate since you were 5 because you don't know how to process emotions correctly, you're not in touch with your feelings and above all don't forget that you are responsible for your parent's piss poor parenting skills."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 05:22:37 PM by dishdutyfugitive »

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 03:05:24 PM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"
Quote from: "Gue$t"

PV doesn't offer to "fix" gay kids outright, they offer to resolve their "sexual confusion".  A former patient said the gay kids were always referred to as "sexually confused" despite their protests that there was no confusion about their orientation.
Yep. Terms like "sexually confused/undecided/etc." were used to define patients that insisted they were homosexual. I saw them over time convince one bisexual that he was straight, but I'm not sure if that feeling lasted after he left. PV's attempts to suppress/alter patient orientation didn't seem to work very well though - one night in the cabins there was a "sexual encounter" between two of the male patients, both were then sent back to STU. One of them, according to their myspace, now "loves girls" and has a girlfriend.
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 07:10:35 PM »
I could not find this info this morning but here it the current DSM info:
DSM and sexual orientation

Following controversy and protests from gay activists at APA annual conferences from 1970 to 1973, as well as the emergence of new data from researchers such as Alfred Kinsey and Evelyn Hooker, the seventh printing of the DSM-II, in 1974, no longer listed homosexuality as a category of disorder. But through the efforts of psychiatrist Robert Spitzer, who had led the DSM-II development committee, a vote by the APA trustees in 1973, and confirmed by the wider APA membership in 1974, the diagnosis was replaced with the category of "sexual orientation disturbance." That was replaced with the diagnosis of ego-dystonic homosexuality in the DSM-III in 1980, but then was removed in 1987 with the release of the DSM-III-R.[6][32][33] A category of "sexual disorder not otherwise specified" continues in the DSM-IV-TR, which may include "persistent and marked distress about one’s sexual orientation."

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostic_and_Statistical_Manual_of_Mental_Disorders

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 03:21:07 AM »
i know that at wwasps they would single you out if you said you were gay. they would hound you and say that you were lying to yourself.

same for religion. if you were not christian or Jewish or had different views, (one of the boys that was with me in TB believed that god was a women) that person would also be singled out and harsh words would be said or punishments like op would be given until you changed your mind.
trained to save you ass not kiss it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 03:30:38 PM »
Hidden lake academy.

The headmaster/owner, Len buccelatto, is a homosexual (and a flaming one), is in a long term relationship with a man named Ken Spooner (not kidding, his last name really is spooner) who has a marginal position in the HLA administration.

HLA accepts gay kids who's parents dont want them to be gay. then they try to convince them they are not gay. There was a good half a dozen kids there, who were otherwise good kids, who got sent there for being gay.

although i am against "gay-fixing", i found that in a number of cases the person has deeper issues which come out in being gay, but them being gay is only a symptom of their deeper issues.

for example:
A girl i knew there had a so called "gender crisis". her problem was that she was sooooooo fat and hideous, she was constantly tormented by her peers since childhood. she gave up on any hope of finding any intimate partner fairly early on in her teenhood. a little later, she 'discovered' lesbians, and 'realized' that she was one. in fact, she discovered a way to find an intimate partner without having to deal with men repulsed by hideous women. She continues to be adamant about her transexuality to this day (she has now begun a sex change, now looks like a beefy plumber). what indicated that she was a "false" homosexual was that she took every opportunity given to her to flirt with a guy, and had all the calling cards of attraction (blushing, laughing, eye contact then looking away, etc.).

another individual, a guy, had a different problem. He was selling himself at truck stops to old truck drivers. he was a true homosexual, abeit one that practiced very very unsafe sex. He was also adamant that the school was trying to "fag-fix" him. they were, but in order to stop him from doing crazy shit, not stop being a homo altogether.

most other instances there weren't such issues. most other gay kids were straight up gay, and the parents were basically paying the school to delaying their coming out.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 05:13:53 PM »
Interesting...

1. Does Len Buttafuco openly admit to the staff/students/parents that he is gay?

2. I'm no fagologist however, IMO, the flirting you witnessed by the shemale plumber doesn't prove a false positive. She could have been purposely fucking with the guys she was flirting with. Flirting is a simple act. Flirting is not always genuine.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 09:49:29 AM »
Bucci never openly said to the students/parents that he was gay, it was an openly known fact, discussed by the staff frequently. if you asked him, he would say yes he is gay, but none of the students had the balls to do so. One of the first things told to me by the counselors is that gay-bashing in unacceptable at the school becouse the headmaster is gay.

it's such a well known fact that he's gay that my therapist here in NY, who has only met Bucci once at a boarding school conference, told me he was "surprised they claim to fix gays becouse bucci is gay". same goes for ed consultant leslie goldberg, who has also discussed bucci's fagotry with me.

plus, bucci is a flagrant flamer. he wears tight clothes (although it's still brooks brothers...gotta be atlanta style), talks with a slight lisp, walks in a very effeminate manner, and drives very feminine cars like older jaguars.

He and ken spooner live together at the top of the hill. thats also a well known fact. people have also seen them holding hands, walking down the hill to the admin offices in the gym, a number of times.

he's a 40/50 year old man with no wife, a house he shares with another man, and has a very femminine way about him. even if he never admitted it to the staff, he'd still be an obvious homo.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 10:25:04 AM »
I feel sorry for fags who get locked in programs, god help them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 01:12:20 PM »
It seems like most people on this board are bi-sexual or completely gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, lol. Despite their supposed stance on homosexuality, I think programs are more like fag-factories!!!!!  :roflmao:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 03:13:51 AM »
CEDU Late 80's.
I don't recall any pervasive fag-fixology. Actually, I remember one student "who struggled with" lesbianism as a past disclosure and occasionally struggled with 'gay' thinking. I remember that if this person was being screamed at and couldn't come up with anything to deflect the heat this person could just bust out into a hysterical 'run your anger' session about their gay thinking and everyone would get blank faced and the facilitator would quickly move on.

Yeah. That was probably me.  :seg:

I'd love to take credit and say that was a conscious red-herring on my part, but it wasn't. I just came back to the familiar. Although it might not be me you were talking about. There was Another Skywalker.

According to CEDU circa late 80s, there were no gays. Just people who weren't true to themselves.

fag-factories

fagtories

I'll teach you all you need to know about building a proper portmanteau. (propmanteau)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 05:14:43 PM »
It was another skywalker in the peer group above me.

You're building suitcases?