Author Topic: Darrington Academy's Thanksgiving Dinner  (Read 5612 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Darrington Academy's Thanksgiving Dinner
« on: December 02, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »
Pictures that speak thousands of words.

Edit: Pictures removed at request of source
Edit: Pictures added again at request of another source
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Darrington Academy's Thanksgiving Dinner
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 07:01:03 PM »
Nom nom nom nom... yum.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 11:24:35 PM »
::puke::  :cry:  :ftard:  :bs:

Offline firstresponder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 05:57:31 AM »
if its anything like at SCL or TB you have to eat at least 50% of it or its a cat 3 or 5 (refusal) depending on the staff. ether way it is a loss of most if not all points.  :poison:  :beat:
trained to save you ass not kiss it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 12:19:51 PM »
:timeout:

That is just wrong on so many levels, where to begin.

These parents are paying how much to keep their kids there? Thousands per month? This is the best they can do?

When will they realize they are handing their money to a corporation that will spend as little as possible on the kids, so they can pocket the rest?

They hire the cheapest employees available. They buy the cheapest "food" available. They make the kids cook and clean the facility themselves and call it therapy. They pit the kids against each other in order to police themselves and hire less staff.

Are parents really this dumb? Are they really that cruel? Or do they not care? I'll never understand it. Plenty of the parents take a tour of the facility, and see the kids faces, and know what they are buying into. You are a parent who thought WWASP was a good idea? Welcome to the bottom 1% of humanity, you earned it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 05:53:05 PM »
Hmm... I've seen those somewhere? thanks for the mirror... http://www.antiwwasp.com

Offline Miss Antsy Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 09:34:47 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
:timeout:

That is just wrong on so many levels, where to begin.

These parents are paying how much to keep their kids there? Thousands per month? This is the best they can do?

When will they realize they are handing their money to a corporation that will spend as little as possible on the kids, so they can pocket the rest?

They hire the cheapest employees available. They buy the cheapest "food" available. They make the kids cook and clean the facility themselves and call it therapy. They pit the kids against each other in order to police themselves and hire less staff.

Are parents really this dumb? Are they really that cruel? Or do they not care? I'll never understand it. Plenty of the parents take a tour of the facility, and see the kids faces, and know what they are buying into. You are a parent who thought WWASP was a good idea? Welcome to the bottom 1% of humanity, you earned it.

Most parents are desperate to avoid the juvenile justice systems for their kids...so desperate that they are, most often, exploited further by the marketing machines these facilities use..they try to give you "hope" that your child will be well cared for and safe...this is a trap that you cannot see when you are in "full crisis mode"   I don't think I was dumb...just desperate.  My son was both physically & mentally abusive to me...I lived in fear of him.  That said...I still pulled him after 2 months.

The 5 years that have elapsed since then has been trying and difficult, but my son and I made a commitment to each other that "maintaining our good relationship" was the TOP priority for us.  Even if that meant that sometimes we could not live together in harmony.  Rather than destroy what we both worked so hard to achieve, we remove ourselves from the conflict first and we have zero tolerance for physical violence.  Please note:  my son has been  diagnosed with Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED) so that problem is always hovering overhead whenever we have a fight.

Today...life is good with us.  I even rent a room to him in my other apartment upstairs.  He pays rent and I treat him just like any other tenant.  The love we have for each other is the most amazing thing I have ever been privileged to have in my life.  He is my light and my hope....I am truly blessed!
United we stand....divided....we fail!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 09:28:16 PM »
Quote from: "Miss Antsy Pam"

Most parents are desperate to avoid the juvenile justice systems for their kids...

Is that a fact or just your opinion?

so desperate that they are, most often, exploited further by the marketing machines these facilities use..

Wwasps marketing is not sophisticated, it's the worst in the industry. Is a crappy website, a phone call and a few brochures all it takes to convince a parent to send their kid off to a reprogramming gulag?

they try to give you "hope" that your child will be well cared for and safe...

You "hope" your kid will be safe because it's obvious how dangerous it is. Not exactly a well thought out plan to base it all on "hope".

this is a trap that you cannot see when you are in "full crisis mode"  

It's a trap parents refuse to see, to relieve themselves of the crisis.

I don't think I was dumb...just desperate.  

Keep telling yourself that.

My son was both physically & mentally abusive to me...I lived in fear of him.

What better way to get back at him by giving him a taste of his own medicine. If a kid hired thugs to kidnap their parents to take them to a hidden facility where they will be subject to abusive reprogramming the kid would be placed in jail, and probably diagnosed with a variety of mental illnesses. What makes it any different for a parent? Because there is a loop hole in the law that says it's legal?

That said...I still pulled him after 2 months.

Just enough time to show him who is in charge. Now he knows thugs with handcuffs are just a phone call away. He can be flown out of the country and held in private prison until he is 21 on the whims of a parent. Mission accomplished. Control reasserted.

The 5 years that have elapsed since then has been trying and difficult, but my son and I made a commitment to each other that "maintaining our good relationship" was the TOP priority for us. Even if that meant that sometimes we could not live together in harmony.  Rather than destroy what we both worked so hard to achieve, we remove ourselves from the conflict first and we have zero tolerance for physical violence.

Have you ever heard the term control freak before? It afflicts 100% of program parents, oddly enough.

Please note:  my son has been  diagnosed with Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED) so that problem is always hovering overhead whenever we have a fight.

::)

I even rent a room to him in my other apartment upstairs.  He pays rent and I treat him just like any other tenant.  

Control. Freak. 100% of program parents, guaranteed.

Offline Femanon4Che

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 08:06:32 PM »
Oh... My.... Goodness.

I cant believe Im saying this but I am actually grateful for the sour mayonaise chicken they served at casa after seeing this! That is unbelievable... And you can tell that the girl who threw up is being FORCED to eat that, on thanksgiving no less while her PIECE OF SHIT parents are at home enjoying their large turkey and all the fixings Im sure thanking god for Darrington Academy and all the wonderful "help" they are giving their daughter.

SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU! SHAME SHAME SHAME! (of course this being directed at the parents of this poor child)

I really want to see more photos coming out of these programs... this is GOLD.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 08:14:04 PM »
Actually.  As I understand it, the kids aren't technically "forced" (but they are coerced).  As it was explained to me, participation in this "fear factor" food marathon is optional, but it does grant a large number of points (500) toward graduation (that much closer to leaving).  Of course the staff can still take away those points and send you down levels for any number of arbitrary reasons, so it really means nothing.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 09:43:56 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Pictures that speak thousands of words.

can images be posted? How?

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 08:24:52 PM »
Those pictures are disgusting. Poor kids! I wonder who got the camera in to take those??????
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 09:31:11 PM »
Quote from: "CCM girl 1989"
Those pictures are disgusting. Poor kids! I wonder who got the camera in to take those??????
According to the source I got the pictures from, they were posted in the parent's section of Darrington's website.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 04:37:29 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Actually.  As I understand it, the kids aren't technically "forced" (but they are coerced).  As it was explained to me, participation in this "fear factor" food marathon is optional, but it does grant a large number of points (500) toward graduation (that much closer to leaving).  Of course the staff can still take away those points and send you down levels for any number of arbitrary reasons, so it really means nothing.

Are those slugs I see?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
at some wasp programs on the holidays they let the kids eat as much as they want to. the kids revel in this freedom for a day and eat way more than they should, and then throw it all back up. its not because the food is so disgusting it makes you throw up really its because they eat too much. thats why the trash cans are ready for them to use because a lot of them throw up after eating several plates full. and if you are making fun of the food you are making fun of the kids who probably cooked it so keep that in mind .