Author Topic: PV Protest in Raleigh NC 11/22/08  (Read 3305 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
PV Protest in Raleigh NC 11/22/08
« on: November 22, 2008, 08:44:06 AM »
At 8:45 a.m. Act.da and will take our positions to protest PV's abuses at a gathering of PV programees and toadies.  We'll try to post a couple of times today as the protest goes on.  We have A/V gear to document any psychodramas or high comedy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
Re: PV Protest in Raleigh NC 11/22/08
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 12:21:15 PM »
A guy in a pickup truck stopped and asked us what PV was.  We told him, and he said "Oh.  I thought there was a cheating wife in the hotel".  It was logical - he had seen "PV LIES" on my sign and "PV ABUSED ME" on Act.da's.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 12:31:29 PM »
tell him it stands for PERVERT VIVISECTION

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 12:36:23 PM »
Thanks for keeping us posted!! Good luck to the both of you! I hope the weather is not a deterrent, and that you both won't be harassed too much!

:notworthy:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »
Zen and I began our protest as planned today, and despite the cold weather and wind we stayed put the whole time. The PV crew didn't have quite as big of a turnout, and everyone seemed to be a bit late in arriving. One couple parked and came over to us and asked what we were protesting. We explained a few things but when one of us mentioned something about PV overmedicating patients they interrupted with sarcastic comments like "are either of you doctors?" "how long ago were you at PV?" "was Doctor Raman your psychiatrist?" we then realized they were actually PV parents/grandparents, and I started filming. Later we had an employee from the hotel across the street come over to us said he remembered me from the last time and wanted to know about our protest. We also had a person in a pickup stop to inquire about our signs, who thought we were protesting a cheating wife. About this time the parents meeting was coming to an end. The older couple from earlier emerged from the hotel and the female decided to do a little catwalk strut and bow for us on her way back to their car. Then a parent in a pickup really squealed his tires in his haste to exit the parking lot, whether this was because he didn't want us to get his plate number or because he just endured a three hour long brainwashing session I don't know. Robert "Bob" Pegler then left with a female passenger, both again ignoring us and avoiding eye contact.

Here's the video:
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRmWcECcFeY
(sorry for the shakiness.. I was shivering from a combo of cold and nervousness, and when you're shooting video at full 10x zoom the littlest movement has a big effect.
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 05:26:21 PM »
heh..

Put a piece of black electrical tape over the red LED light on that camera and no one will know you are filming as the thing lets off a glaring red light show when you turn on the video feature.

Other than that.. Not to bad.

Sad that the parents/grandparents decided to cop an attitude, but reassuring that they were at least willing to start asking questions.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 10:24:17 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Sad that the parents/grandparents decided to cop an attitude, but reassuring that they were at least willing to start asking questions.

Grandma was combative but Grandpa seemed troubled by it all.  He acted like he wanted to linger longer but the old lady was already stumpin' inside for three hours of purple KoolAid infusion.

The old lady thought anything that happened at PV before the "new" team took over was ancient history and better covered with dust.  So...why drag in alumni from ten years ago to testify?  Some of the parents involved in these "support" groups have kids who left PV years ago and don't know anyone at PV other than guru Bob Pegler.  Should they be allowed in the "new" PV meetings?

If PV wants to call it a new day, they need to drop the "twenty years of successful treatment" bullshit.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it, so I guess PV is admitting the service they provided for twenty years was worthless and they need a new face.

You see how Bob Pegler deals with the damage his program has caused  - refuse to even acknowledge it and risk an accident by not looking to his left for oncoming traffic before buggering off.  

Bob sux.  PV sux.  And here's another uplifting report of girls' STU being empty and PV's prospects looking bleak...

Morgan Snelling (Wilmington, DE) wrote
at 6:14pm
ok so like half the girls program's counselors left when i was there. there was only one of my staff who was there since litterally the beginning left when i left, but she left the same day i did. (i left august 8, 2008, so like 5 months ago) dr.ameel's gone. now we have dr. raman. and dr. barbara taylor is back. she is the new clinical director. there were NO girls coming in, like the unit was seriously empty so they shut down the frogs and split them up into the coyotes and deer, but there were an equal number of frogs as there were deer so they made a new clan, the hummingbirds. i was happy to hear that the coyotes have been doing extremely well, they've gotten the spirit totem at least once since i've been out, maybe twice i dont remember (i was a yote). they changed the level system like woah, too. there were a LOT of changes during the last half of my treatment. it was intense. for serious.

Dance on the ruins after God smites PV.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 11:25:50 PM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"
Quote from: "Che Gookin"

Grandma was combative but Grandpa seemed troubled by it all.  He acted like he wanted to linger longer but the old lady was already stumpin' inside for three hours of purple KoolAid infusion.

The old lady thought anything that happened at PV before the "new" team took over was ancient history and better covered with dust.  So...why drag in alumni from ten years ago to testify?  Some of the parents involved in these "support" groups have kids who left PV years ago and don't know anyone at PV other than guru Bob Pegler.  Should they be allowed in the "new" PV meetings?

If PV wants to call it a new day, they need to drop the "twenty years of successful treatment" bullshit.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it, so I guess PV is admitting the service they provided for twenty years was worthless and they need a new face.

You see how Bob Pegler deals with the damage his program has caused  - refuse to even acknowledge it and risk an accident by not looking to his left for oncoming traffic before buggering off.  

Bob sux.  PV sux.  And here's another uplifting report of girls' STU being empty and PV's prospects looking bleak...

Morgan Snelling (Wilmington, DE) wrote
at 6:14pm
ok so like half the girls program's counselors left when i was there. there was only one of my staff who was there since litterally the beginning left when i left, but she left the same day i did. (i left august 8, 2008, so like 5 months ago) dr.ameel's gone. now we have dr. raman. and dr. barbara taylor is back. she is the new clinical director. there were NO girls coming in, like the unit was seriously empty so they shut down the frogs and split them up into the coyotes and deer, but there were an equal number of frogs as there were deer so they made a new clan, the hummingbirds. i was happy to hear that the coyotes have been doing extremely well, they've gotten the spirit totem at least once since i've been out, maybe twice i dont remember (i was a yote). they changed the level system like woah, too. there were a LOT of changes during the last half of my treatment. it was intense. for serious.

Dance on the ruins after God smites PV.

Awesome job to the both of you...Zenagent and Act.DA!
Consider this a great success for you both...keep up the good work!
sincerely,
-DP
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 06:46:57 AM »
Hell yeah!

Thanks for the info. Just made my week from bad to good. The numbers dwindling? Hopefully a good sign.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com