Author Topic: Cali Prop. 5: Forced State-run "Treatment for kids"  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: Cali Prop. 5: Forced State-run "Treatment for kids"
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 07:29:57 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
There are some of your posts, Ginger, that i'd just like to frame.
 :notworthy:

Aw, shucks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 07:41:55 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
My thoughts on this make me wonder why they are once again treating the symptom rather than the disease. What is causing high crime rates amongst kids in California anyway?

It's something like a state of induced hypnosis, very similar to the state which causes psychotic and sometimes violent reactions in people who have never done psychedelics.

Here's a little test. Which of the following are true?

Today's kids and teens are more violent than their parents' generation. Teenagers abuse alcohol and drugs more often than adults, and more often than ever before. Teen pregnancy is skyrocketing. Kids' test scores are lower than their parents' were, and getting lower.

If you said yes to any of these, you may have been affected by what scholar and writer Mike A. Males terms a "media blitz on teens" driven by sensational anecdotes and manipulated statistics.

Full text of book review of Mike Males Framing Youth http://www.rense.com/health3/agkids.htm

Not only will this sort of forced treatment throw documentary obstacles to a kid achieving in the real world, I think we all have some better than average understanding of how it will throw a monkey wrench into the works in the kids' own heads.

Survivor, the goose steppers among drug policy reformers made all the same arguments for Prop 36 8 years ago. Fact is, something like 90% of all drug treatment offered in this country today is Stepcraft based and the other 10% just lie about it and/or based it on coercing the use of different drugs.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 08:44:40 AM »
PARTIAL QUOTe is FAIL QUOTE!

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Only problem with the democrats...  they favor "treatment" (incarceration + thought reform) over incarceration.

I was having a discussion about this very thing with my friend last night at her election party. She said "No, it's good, because it gives other options besides juvie."

I said "You know, I know people who actually decided to do the jail sentence instead of go to 12 step meetings. Jail is for a set, limited period of time, 12 step is for whenever you finally clue in and pull your head out of your ass."

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 12:03:57 AM »
Well.  Prop 5 was defeated.. phew!
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 12:10:47 AM »

Unfortunately, prop 8 was not.

Do you know what this means??? Trannies can't marry *anyone*. FUCK!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 12:18:55 AM »
Quote from: "try another castle"

Unfortunately, prop 8 was not.

Do you know what this means??? Trannies can't marry *anyone*. FUCK!

It means war on the LDS church, is what it means.  They pumped money and lies into CA to get 8 passed.  The Utah mormans interfered with a CA election.  They interfered with public policy.  Now they want gays to be "Civil" to them.  The comments in that link speak volumes.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 11:31:46 AM »
Quote from: "Re: Going Undercover at Impact House"
While this is clearly not a Level 4facility, the vibe of prison permeates everything, from lingo and body language to food distribution.

There’s a reason for this. The bulk of Impact residents are here because of Proposition 36, a 2001 measure that dedicated $120 million annually for five years to providing rehab rather than imprisonment for drug-related offenses. Los Angeles County mandated four- to six-month stays for nonviolent first- and second-time drug offenders diverted to facilities such as Impact. Almost 40,000 Californians enter treatment each year through Prop. 36, which, according to advocates, has saved taxpayers $1.3 billion over five years. Private-pay or “blue cluster” clients, who pay about $7000* a month, are supposedly treated a little better and live in “Beverly Hills,” a newer housing unit up above the main yard. I claimed I was private pay for simplicity’s sake, but I will apparently live in the “ghetto cluster,” where everyone starts out.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=26143

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2008, 11:41:28 AM »
So... wonderful.  Forced religion to a cult religion that harms people.  They don't even bother to hide the Synanon anymore in facilities such as Impact.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2008, 01:55:43 PM »
They never really did deny the Synanon connection all the time. Internally, The Seed was pretty proud of it. I don't remember mention of it in Straight, but then again it was an accepted part of my reality so mention of it would not have been noteworthy to me. It's only really when critics start asking questions that they get all squirrelly about it.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2008, 10:40:31 PM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
They never really did deny the Synanon connection all the time. Internally, The Seed was pretty proud of it. I don't remember mention of it in Straight, but then again it was an accepted part of my reality so mention of it would not have been noteworthy to me. It's only really when critics start asking questions that they get all squirrelly about it.

From what I can gather, CEDU was the only synanon bastard child that didn't openly broadcast about their origins. Daytop, Phoenix House and Walden House all talk freely about it.