Author Topic: Raw Garlic  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Raw Garlic
« on: October 24, 2008, 12:00:48 AM »
Garlic... There are people who swear by it as being essential to one's health. I knew an old Greek woman who said she would eat a raw piece of garlic every day and she claimed she never got sick! I know it enhances immune function, lowers blood pressure, is good for asthma, cancer, colds and flu, digestive problems, insomnia, liver disease, sinusitis, ulcers, and yeast infections...

Are there any supplements available that work and are fairly affordable? I've heard the Kyolic brand is good, but it's expensive. There are people who complain about the smell when you munch the raw pieces....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
Re: Raw Garlic
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 12:09:27 AM »
I'm on a robust, weapons grade dosage of placebo.

It's been 3 days.

My ingrown toenails are now manifesting themselves as a 3rd nipple.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 12:30:15 AM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Garlic...

There are people who complain about the smell when you munch the raw pieces....

Don't masticate them. Chop a fresh clove or two into smallish pieces and swill them down with your favorite brew. Make sure you eat something with that, or a burp might set your beard on fire.

;D
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 12:49:01 AM »
you have to take the munched pieces of garlic and organically repurpose them by injecting into your neighbors solar panels to achieve efficacy. Once cycled through your neighbor's solar panels - consider hydrofusion to achieve full bionaturualism.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
health benefits
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 10:12:37 AM »
What about asparagus-laden pee? Heard that's good for ya.

I know of a guy who eats steaming hot platefuls of dogshit for Miller Newton.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 11:44:18 AM »
Garlic... There are people who swear by it as being essential to one's health. I knew an old Greek woman who said she would eat a raw piece of garlic every day and she claimed she never got sick! I know it enhances immune function, lowers blood pressure, is good for asthma, cancer, colds and flu, digestive problems, insomnia, liver disease, sinusitis, ulcers, and yeast infections...

Are there any supplements available that work and are fairly affordable? I've heard the Kyolic brand is good, but it's expensive. There are people who complain about the smell when you munch the raw pieces....

Try Garlinase 4000, Frod.  It's in an enteric coated tablet, doesn't stink and has a healthy blast of garlic.  Cheap and effective.  I use it with vitamin C and zinc when I get a cold, but garlic is a good inexpensive kind of maintenance supplement.  

http://www.good-earth.com/enzymatic-the ... -tabs.html
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 02:08:11 PM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"

Try Garlinase 4000, Frod.  It's in an enteric coated tablet, doesn't stink and has a healthy blast of garlic.  Cheap and effective.  I use it with vitamin C and zinc when I get a cold, but garlic is a good inexpensive kind of maintenance supplement.  

And if you want to buy it on the cheap here is a better link.
http://www.vitacost.com/Enzymatic-Thera ... inase-4000
Many of ET top sellers are out on the mainstream market-not sure about the Garlinase.
I liked the Arizona Naturals Garlic supplement as well.
http://www.vitacost.com/ArizonaNaturalP ... lessGarlic

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 02:37:12 PM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"

yes yes take his advice! definitely! LOL :)
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Garlic Supplements
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 04:37:05 PM »
Thank you ZenAgent and stoodoodog for that info. I wish I had gotten on this sooner, as my infected tooth might have benefited from the antibiotic properties of garlic. As it stands, I had to refill a prescription for clyndamycin.

An interesting article (so what if it's from 1995?) about garlic's antibiotic properties:

http://medherb.com/Materia_Medica/Alliu ... erties.htm

Offline beccabbyx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 07:50:11 PM »
honestly, if i take spirulina. it's made my over all health a lot better although it takes like pond water. but, i'm wierd like that and like the taste of pond water and such. ; D
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
- Nietzche

Offline stoodoodog

• View Profile
Re: Garlic Supplements
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »
Thank you ZenAgent and stoodoodog for that info. I wish I had gotten on this sooner, as my infected tooth might have benefited from the antibiotic properties of garlic. As it stands, I had to refill a prescription for clyndamycin.

An interesting article (so what if it's from 1995?) about garlic's antibiotic properties:

http://medherb.com/Materia_Medica/Alliu ... erties.htm

I love the Boericke Materia Medica and refer to it often. I didn't realize you had an abcess.Garlic by itself wouldn't be my first choice as a natural antiobiotic. For something like an abcessed tooth, I like to do a double whammy of systemic and topical treatment. I had one this past summer and it was the most miserable I have been in some time.  

Here is a site you might like...

http://www.orthomolecular.org/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 01:30:58 AM »
Echinacea in orange juice. Vitamin C and natural antibiotic. Doesn't taste bad at all. Unfortunately, I just read I should not use it with any auto-immune disorders. Be forewarned.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 01:47:05 AM »
Try powdered Golden Seal root for your abcess. Tastes super bitter, but topically applied, even for the short period of time that it'll be in contact with your tooth/gum area, should really help. Try to get it from the bulk herb/medicinals/spices area of your local coop/natural health foods store rather than via capsules. The latter is way too expensive.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
good medicine
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 09:33:16 AM »
Yes... while garlic and echinacea will do much to prevent infection, the best way to get rid of one would be goldenseal. If I were still working at that natural food store where I worked for 5 years, I would have tried the powdered goldenseal (like I used to whenever I felt a cold coming on; worked like a charm) before going out and buying the damn antibiotics. Now I live away from the city, so the goldenseal would probably have cost me as much as the clindamycin without that employee discount. I miss working at that store despite having been robbed at gunpoint there a few times; it was a cool place.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 08:47:18 PM »
Q. Why don't you recommend powdered and chopped onion and garlic? Does the processing cause them to lose nutritional value?

A. ". . . While still useful as seasonings, both onion and garlic lose most of their medicinal value, including their cardiovascular benefits and antibiotic properties when they're cooked or dried. In addition, commercial garlic capsules do not preserve the full activity of the fresh bulb.
advertisement

You can use garlic as an effective home remedy for colds: when I feel a cold coming on, I chop a few cloves of garlic a day into my food. The idea is to eat raw garlic at the first onset of symptoms. A clove or two a day is recommended for people who suffer from chronic or recurrent infections, frequent yeast infections, or low resistance to colds and flu.

To make raw garlic more palatable, chop it fine, mix it with food, and eat it with a meal - add it last when you're using it in cooking. Or cut a clove into chunks and swallow them whole like pills. If garlic gives you flatulence, eat less. Chewing some fresh parsley after eating garlic also minimizes the odor.

Andrew Weil, M.D."

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400482/G ... arlic.html