Author Topic: Straight, Inc. in the Big Sky State  (Read 789 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Straight, Inc. in the Big Sky State
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 12:44:18 AM »
Im not really gettin the str8 anology here I gotta say.Not to bust yer balls Gingy but this is what I see.
I lived in Montana in 87 and hell,good pot was hard to come by.What I see is a bunch of mfers ready to be taken for a ride by the next miller"father caster-oil"
newton,(would that be miller newton mk2 op.3) hmmm?
Anyhoo I really wish ther was a better deal to offer mfers who really want to get past their drug issues.Fuck the lack of it goddamn near killed me.Im just not so sure I get the str8 thing out of it.Im not trying to be a douche,(If I were Itd be obvious,and more than likly in jest)

IF im missin the point please fill me in

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 10:37:41 AM »
The connects I see are wwassp/spring creek and the "Im a little teapot" there in the adult jail, the dad who sounds like an intake coordinator and the damn media who don't mention the name of the 'private' program that costs so much money blah blah, but the girl lets it slip... SCL. woops. Well, oh, and the chairs? all straight and lookin like them ones in group.

FD

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »
Yeah, it was the shots of "group" in the men's 'rehab' that made me think so much of Straight, Inc. influence. If it had been CEDU then it might have been some different lingo and/or music. But this was like a slice of home pie.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 10:49:52 PM »
So much movement between programs -- be it in the form of actual live personnel or simply facets of methodology -- confirms the interconnectedness of the whole industry.

This past weekend someone posted re. Turnabout / Stillwater Academy (ostensibly an Aspen program), mentioning that Maia's book Help At Any Cost said they were a Straight, Inc. descendant. Note their housing set-up: they use host family homes. From their website:

Turnabout's family-based housing program helps extend your teen's support network and speeds up the behavior modification process...

Rather than sleeping in a dormitory, Turnabout students spend their nights in a family environment. These host families become an amazing support group for the students as well as the student's family and help to encourage their progress...
    [/list]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------