Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Thayer Learning Center

grandson

<< < (3/3)

Ursus:
Re. parent of former cadet:
N-I-C-E. Treating a kid who self-abuses due to rotten self image with yet another (external) source of abuse sounds real healthy! He's going to read that as "punishment" because he is "bad." Hate to think of what the blowback to that is gonna be!

:ftard:[/list]

Anonymous:
Im sorry but I don't believe making kids run 5 miles because another kid wasn't doing what he's supposed to (This just Happened)Is not abuse.  Only makes these angry kids stuff down their rage until they get out.  Maybe.  Yea corporal punishment works immediately.  Yelling at you makes you increase the self hate you already have.   You might think this works but give your kid a few years and see if he doesn't end up with post traumatic stress syndrome from it.   I have read everything about thayer(They are now Teen Lifeskills Center)   I think you know why they changed their name.  Willa Bundy went and changed those notes taken on that boy who died there.   It is very hard to read all that has happened there and believe this helps in the long run.   An unlicensed facility with unlicensed staff is really where I'd want anybody. I have further past experience with Pathway in Michigan.   All I can say is he better be all right when he gets out. Ive talked to Phil Elberg.

Ursus:
See also this thread regarding the name change:

Thayer changes names- don't be fooled
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=25945[/list]

Anonymous:
I was reading the reports at ISAC, especially the Entire Investigative Report re: Roberto Reyes death.   Willa Bundy actually stated" It's typical for them to throw up, it's typical for them to poop and pee their pants, either while sleeping or working out".   Does this bother any of you???  Other than illness, what extreme measures would make YOU poop or pee your pants. I say the parents should be put in the boot camp with them.

Anonymous:
To the family of a recent cadet.   just how do I call there and talk to someone.   The calls all end up at Dorothy and nowhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version