Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Thayer Learning Center

grandson

(1/3) > >>

Anonymous:
My Grandson just went to Thayer.   I am heartsick but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do.  I emailed all kinds of info to my daughter but she now is VERY angry at me for not supporting her.    I have talked to lawyers and Isac.  I even talked to the lawyer that sued the STRAIGHT and won.    If my grandson is abused that lawyer will be the first one I talk to which not allowing him to talk or call anyone is abuse if you ask me.    Please contact Missouri senators and representatives to  vote in favor of H.R. 6358.  A bill to STop Child Abuse in Residential Programs.    My grandson needs mental health care and won't get it there.   Pray for him

Anonymous:
If you can send him a letter somehow that would help keep his spirits higher than otherwise. Programs use the fact they can only contact the family in charge of putting them in the program against them to break their spirit. If he knows that his grandmother is outside doing everything she can to set him free, and just rooting for him in general, I'm sure that would be helpful in the long run. Sometimes when you present parents and pro-program people in general with information that counters their assumptions they get mad as a visceral reaction, but given time to think about it and weigh the consequences of inaction, sometimes might reconsider. I hope this is true in the case with your family member. There are helpful people who read this forum but do not post, so if you put an email address up it might help them get in contact with you. If you want to stay anonymous you can make a free yahoo email account or something similar.

I wish you good luck, well I am really wishing your grandson good luck. To you, I hope that the stress of knowing a family member is locked away in a program designed to strip them of identity and fill them with a newly undesirable facade of personality, is not too much to bear. Be prepared when he gets out that his family situation will be much worse, as some programs are designed for families to disown the child for not complying, and many parents do this without question. In that case, you could really help him out by helping him obtain residence, food and clothing and most importantly some sense that he is cared for by another individual. He'll be in my prayers. Hopefully he will get the help he needs eventually.

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "kcarlee" ---My Grandson just went to Thayer.   I am heartsick but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do.  I emailed all kinds of info to my daughter but she now is VERY angry at me for not supporting her.    I have talked to lawyers and Isac.  I even talked to the lawyer that sued the STRAIGHT and won.    If my grandson is abused that lawyer will be the first one I talk to which not allowing him to talk or call anyone is abuse if you ask me.    Please contact Missouri senators and representatives to  vote in favor of H.R. 6358.  A bill to STop Child Abuse in Residential Programs.    My grandson needs mental health care and won't get it there.   Pray for him
--- End quote ---

contact cafety.

they are quite good at getting kids removed from programs.
try Caica, too.

http://www.cafety.org/

Anonymous:
As they were known for a while for referring kids to places & supporting those who do. As hard as it is i would stay on the parent's good side, this way they will be more likely to send on any letters you have to the kid. I would write to the grandkid often to let them know they have your support & love while trying to get through such a traumatic experience.

Anonymous:
http://www.wwaspinfo.com/wst_page3.html
you could also try contacting those on sites like this to try and get some help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version