Author Topic: Who went to the conference?  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
Who went to the conference?
« on: July 29, 2003, 10:57:00 PM »
So, how was the conference, anyway? Did anyone attend? If so, how was it? I was on Clearwater Beach earlier in the month and it was just not possible to go back again for the conference. What did I miss?
Wes?, Bill?, Jerk?, Ginger?, Mo?, Someone?, Anyone?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The New Definition of BITCH....Babe In Total Control of Herself!!

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 02:43:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-08-25 19:59 ]
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 03:18:00 PM »
i just wish i could have hung out with you rob.

met leigh bright...

mike and rhonda...

wes fager!

sammy!!

(and others)

hopefully next year!!!

sounds like an *angry mob.

which is just what it was.

so yeah

whatever

::heart::  ::heart::

* large group of angry people.

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 11:11:00 AM »
I went to the conference and I found it uplifting, moving, inspiring, and very encouraging.

I'm grateful to have been in attendance and I left feeling satisfied with our progress.

I don't recall anyone being angry in an inappropriate manner.

I think Kathy would have been proud to see that what she started is still going strong. The only down-fall was that without Arnold, the schedule wasn't as tight and the participants weren't made to adhere to time constraints with the same efficiency as Arnold is known to possess - so, we ran "long" but otherwise, it was a good conference.

Hopefully next year we can have it in Atlanta or Michigan, or Ohio or anywhere with new scenery.

And, perhaps next year some of you can experience it for yourselves! I think it's always worth the trip.

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 12:14:00 PM »
I agree with Ms. Bright wholeheartedly.  The Conference was well structured, informative, uplifting, and a great success in it's overall delivery.  Rick Ross was especially helpful in creating new insights and understanding as to the motivations of various cults and just how big an influence they have in everyday society. Nancy B. did a fine job presenting various treatments for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and bravely trudged through a power point presentation on equipment she was'nt all that familiar with.(I would have wound up smashing my fist through the projector in frustration if it were me) So yeah, the Conference was great!  Happy Happy Joy Joy!  I am sorry if I confused anyone with my first post.  I was not talking about the Conference in the first post, I was talking about the people, the feelings and real human drama, but I guess I should refrain from that or I might "harsh someones buzz."  Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!  Party on Wayne, Party on Garth!
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 02:08:00 PM »
i'd still love to attend next year...

my friend's wedding was beautiful though

(hot as hell)

but very nice.

glad to hear good things!!

sorry i missed meeting so many great people.

hopefully next year!

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 04:20:00 PM »
I went also and what the others said about the information provided and the speakers there were GREAT. Mike and Rhonda did a GREAT JOB and sacrificed alot of their time and life to make it work.....
I had hoped to see more survivors there but.....
I hope some day we can all get together and laugh out loud at the whole thing until then I think of all of you and offer my love.
Please know that no matter what you are loved and thought of..
Peace and huggs
Sammie
Sarasota straight
ND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2003, 08:43:00 PM »
You are awesome Sammie  :razz:

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2003, 09:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words...we will have a conference summary in the next couple of days.  Pls visit our website at http://www.safetyintl.org

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 12:30:00 AM »
Thanks for the input you guys, I would like to have attended, but it just was not in the cards. I was curious about people's perceptions of the events, speakers, and overall reactions. So, I appreciate you for responding.  

BTW......MO, I am confused. Did you attend and meet the people that you mentioned and called an angry mob, or did you not attend which is what I gather from your later post of "maybe next year?" I am confused. HELP?

[ This Message was edited by: Majiktrvls on 2003-07-31 21:33 ]
The New Definition of BITCH....Babe In Total Control of Herself!!

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2003, 05:28:00 PM »
majik,

um, no.

i wanted to go but had a wedding to be in.

i was going on what rob patterson and i talked about privatly. (he was there)

besides, MAKIJTRVLS, that was not meant as an insult.

couldn't we all be that [an angry mob] in one way or another about these places like straight?

i mean, there are a lot of us!!

(don't take things so litterally lady)

::heart::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2003, 09:35:00 AM »
Applauds to Mike and Rhonda for their time and dedication. Never give up. Kudos to Wes for his determination, great job.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2003, 08:44:00 PM »
I wish I could be in more than a couple of places at one time. I wish I could have been there to hang out with all ya'll, hear the speakers and help make it happen.

But I can't so I had to choose and I decided to go out into the woods, stalk the wild hypericum and late blackberries, roll the dog and kids in mud then dunk `em in the creek and bring `em home for grub while they're all still little enough to really enjoy that sort of thing.

Good doggone thing, too, cause my 19yo prodigal daughter jumped on a bus for home on Thursday morning, the 24th and got here around the time ya'll were probably settling into hotel rooms or friends spare rooms or bellying up to the bar.

In the past week, I've gotten to know this town through her and her dear old friend who moved back up here with his grandparents just before things went really crazy in Pompano. It's almost as crazy here; almost. And these are the onlyest reasons why I give a flyin' run at a rollin' donought about Straight, Inc., Miller Newton, PFG, DFAF their community coalitions and all the rest that they do with themselves these days.

Both here and in Pompano, this moralistic, puritanical, schizophrenic holy jihad--for which these programs serve as POW/indoctrination camps--have totally preverted the world in which my own daughters have got to learn to love and live and play. It is almost unimaginable when I think about it that the town that gave us Fred Rogers and Ron Paul can also play host to something like Operation Pipe Dreams and "elite" counterdrug taskforce training!

It is patently insane that these kids see a world where 30 year old snitches infiltrate their 14 year old brothers' crowds with just a little coke--about $3 worth at wholesale, more expensive than gold at retail--and completely worthless flattery.

It is just heartbreaking what these low-life bastards are doing right now! I meet these kids and some of their lives suck. Sometimes they mess up and disapoint us; but then isn't that why we don't let them vote, drive or hold pulic office?

Whether they or I or anyone else has anything at all to say about it, these people are taking over the world. I'm precient enough to understand that, too soon, I'll be slow and weak and old and these kids will be in charge of the world. And they shall change the world, for good or ill, through their action or inaction. So when I spot a spark of dignity in some of these kids, I want to nurture that so they'll be good to me and my grandkids when the time rolls around to return favors.

But the Semblers and their merry, scarry band of drug warriors? that's not what they see. They see an oportunity to get 14 year old kids hooked on coke, in debt and at odds with their own families just to try and perpetuate the myth that prohibition is going to start working any damned minute now!

In the process, they create oportunities for unimaginable wealth and power for people who posess qualities like cruelty, deceitfullness and more love for wealth and power than for their own families and friends.

Now, most of us are old enough and wise enough to understand that these kids would stand a much better chance if they pooled their weed, beer and cigarette money and invested in lotto tickets than to try and make anything but sorrow come out of angling on the black market. But these are young, impressionable children who are moving way too fast to see past the cars and the excitement and the drama. From their POV, it's romantic adventure.

We're the grown ups. We're supposed to know better. I can give the kids a free pass if I spot just a spark of dignity in them, and in most of them I do. But what the hell is wrong with thegrown ups? What's their excuse? We created this upside-down morality where a pimp personality gets the highest pay, betrayal of friends and family are deemed good and right putting a child in a cage to dicourage unauthorized euphoria has become the order of the day.

THAT is why I care about the program all these years later. I would have been happier and more care-free if I could have convinced myself that they were just a weird little cult of wackos and I'd escaped their influence when I hit the road at age 17. But the evidence to the contrary is overwhelming. These sadistic lunatics are messing up my kids world and I won't stand for it!
 :flame:

BTW, Mo, I think we'd be an angry mob just about anywhere. Maybe we should all get Harleys or something? :em:

If we choose to violate the rights of the innocent in order to discover and act against the guilty, then we have transformed our country into a police state and abandoned one of the fundamental tenants of a free society. In order to win the war on drugs, we must not sacrifice the life of the Constitution in the battle.
--US District Judge H. Lee Sarokin

Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2003, 12:56:00 AM »
Did any speakers or journalists from foreign countries attend?

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2003, 09:21:00 AM »
ATL sounds good to me. It is really hard getting away now. I could make a week-end excursion to ATL though....

CL