Author Topic: Hosting problems?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hosting problems?
« on: September 23, 2008, 11:57:17 AM »
Fornits seems to be down a lot now, what's going on?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Hosting problems?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 01:30:45 PM »
No shit. Some days I end up spending hours trying to get on. I really do have better things to do. I'm logged in, and then I get logged out, some times after not much time at all and usually right in the middle of making a post, and then the site goes "off-line" again. I actually did a google today, thinking my links somehow got twisted, but the only thing in the first 3-4 pages were old pages from ancient software versions which didn't work either. Even following the link from an email notification leads one nowhere. What is going on?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »
Apparently Dreamhost has us sharing server space that when one site is having some sort of issue all the sites on that server are having issues. Right now fixing the problem is being discussed. It is a matter of pulling together some dosh to get a better package from Dreamhost. Not that the one being used now is bad, given it has 5 tetrabytes of bandwidth. Just a pain in the cock not to be able to use them when you have some site touting sour cream for potatoes causing fornits to crash.

I asked Psy how much it would cost to upgrade to a superior package and he is checking into it.

Psy I'm sure will be along one of these days to explain this in all his geeky glory and hopefully post a dollar and cents figure for getting the problem fixed.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 05:36:37 PM »
Jeez...this is getting pretty tiresome. Was that blackout just now the second -- or the third -- time today, eh?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 06:17:44 PM »
This brings to mind a thread Dr. Fucktard started once upon a time.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 02:55:32 AM »
hopefully this'll fix it... it's from the dreamhost control panel for fornits.  Upgrading the service to Dreamhost PS.

Patience Please!
You are already on the waiting list for:
    DreamHost PS (web server) Forget it?
    DreamHost PS MySQL Forget it?

(We will notify you at [redacted] when complete, probably within a day or two.)

* Get both a DreamHost PS web server and a MySQL server to receive 20% off your entire monthly PS fee!

How much memory do I need?
We don't know!

Which is why we now give the first week of (each) DreamHost PS FREE! Your new server will automatically be set with the maximum resources (2300MB) for the first week, so you can be assured you'll have enough memory immediately.

Once provisioned, check your graphs and revise your size down to whatever you need.

If you don't revise it down, we'll do it for you (based on your usage) at the end of the week, so you won't get stuck with some crazy high bill!
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)