Author Topic: Uncle DUMB-ASS & RFID's  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Uncle DUMB-ASS & RFID's
« on: July 28, 2003, 11:23:00 PM »
Eventually, these tiny radio transmitters will replace bar codes as a way of identifying products in the stores. IMMEDIATELY, the conspiracy theorists picked up on this and began talking about how the U.S. government will use RFIDs to spy on all of us all the time! Oh, no! Panic! Orwellian future! Thought crimes!

I have a problem with such theories, just as I do with the one about how the FBI has a "virus" that tracks all your keystrokes and monitors everything you do with your computer. The problem is DATA. Gathering such information creates vast quantities of DATA. No one can cull through that data fast enough to make it of any use to
anyone.

Our government just isn't that smart! It isn't with-it enough to successfully pull off any such scam. It can't deliver the mail. The FBI is missing boxes of guns. The IRS lost 5,000 computers. The INS lets known terrorists walk across the border. The CIA, FBI, and NSA don't share information. Could such an outfit successfully monitor all of us using zillions of RFIDs? I doubt it.   :grin:

http://www.aimglobal.org/technologies/rfid/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »