Author Topic: Fresh Ideas for the social crusade to combat programs...  (Read 5753 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Ideas for the social crusade to combat programs...
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Websites...  A website for every program.

How is the peninsulavillageexposed.com site coming along? I also have promised to get a URL for AARC, but I'm waiting for someone to reply to an email I sent them asking if they can keep an AARC blog updated. I don't like the idea of having the link sitting stagnant with outdated posts on it. Monthly updates of some sort if possible to show activity is a big one if I plan to shell out what few pesos I have to my name.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 12:46:16 PM »
Well now! If anybody wants to buy the domain names, hosting is free. We have ungodly amounts of disk space and bandwidth. Even without a seperate domain we can set up unlimited vanity domains (i.e. peninsulavillage.fornits.com)

There is an international support group for people who have become dependent on stepcraft. It's called AnonAnon and has a website at http://fornits.com/anonanon/

DDF and a few friends are making noise about doing a Fornits podcast. Some ideas are the obvious; program vet interviews, other sorts of things. The Fornits management people are talking to Trekker Jag's people, so we'll have a satiric segment to throw in there from time to time.

We have a blog to tie it all together, anyone interested in blogging on Fornits just contact me or Psy.

We need a couple of things. We need some sort of at least semi-formal organization, though I'm not so sure I want to go so far as to set up a legal entity. Maybe we need some good business/legal advice about that? We'll need sponsors and promotion; mostly the free, guerrilla marketing variety.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »
Oh yeah! And we have the wiki for encyclopedic documentation on all of them. Anybody who wants to put the time in can talk to Carsten about editing and/or adding articles.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 01:16:44 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"

How is the peninsulavillageexposed.com site coming along? I also have promised to get a URL for AARC, but I'm waiting for someone to reply to an email I sent them asking if they can keep an AARC blog updated. I don't like the idea of having the link sitting stagnant with outdated posts on it. Monthly updates of some sort if possible to show activity is a big one if I plan to shell out what few pesos I have to my name.

I'm figuring out the Reamweaver program to mirror PV' s website.  It should be tasty, but I guess we can post something in the meantime.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 01:30:41 PM »
Quote from: "ZenAgent"
Quote from: "Che Gookin"

I'm figuring out the Reamweaver program to mirror PV' s website.
*screech*...

Ok.  a few things.  Mirroring the "look and feel" of PV's official website...  Don't do it.  If you need me to design something, I can do that.  Also, there will need to be a prominent disclaimer stating that your site is not endorsed by or associated with PV.  This is necessary to avoid getting your site's domain taken away in a domain dispute on trademark grounds. <-- not legal advice, but do eeet anyway.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »
We need an all out balls out link farm, damn it! A jump page like what AnonAnon started out to be. What would be the best way to approach it? How about a wiki article (if there's not one already) on all known industry critical websites? and links to that in various places?

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 08:48:29 PM »
How is the peninsulavillageexposed.com site coming along?
Well now! If anybody wants to buy the domain names, hosting is free. We have ungodly amounts of disk space and bandwidth. Even without a seperate domain we can set up unlimited vanity domains (i.e. peninsulavillage.fornits.com)
We'll need sponsors and promotion; mostly the free, guerrilla marketing variety.
If a website for PV gets put up soon I'd definitely help with adding content and advertising for it. Highway banners and urban stickers will start popping up all over the place!
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 09:00:39 PM »
Mwahahahahahahahah My work is finished here.. keep at it boys and girls.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 05:24:37 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Wow, a McCain troll HERE? And spewing the same usual shit found on news comments pages?

How closely do the programmie trolls and the McCain trolls intersect?

Oh real close, lol!!!! Go Mc Cain!!!!!

Mc Cain actually has an idea of the type of shit I went through. What the hell does Obama know? Nada, nothing, ZERO!!!!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
John McCain
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 08:20:08 PM »
McCain all the way, baby!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 03:02:13 PM »
Quote from: "CCM girl 1989"

Mc Cain actually has an idea of the type of shit I went through. What the hell does Obama know? Nada, nothing, ZERO!!!!!

He may know, he just doesn't give a shit.  How any survivor in their right mind could even CONSIDER voting for Samey McSame is beyond me.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 05:11:35 PM »
Quote from: "McSame bullshit"
Quote from: "CCM girl 1989"

He may know, he just doesn't give a shit.  How any survivor in their right mind could even CONSIDER voting for Samey McSame is beyond me.

It's a pretty easy choice considering that there are only 2 candidates to choose from! I personally didn't vote for either one of these guys in the primaries. But, now I have no choice! So, I have decided to choose the one who doesn't hang out with the likes of Bill Ayers, and Reverend Wright.

There are plenty of other reasons why Mc Cain is getting my vote. However, I figure this isn't really a board that deals with politics. Especially when most people around here get their news from the liberal media.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »
The liberal media is the only people reporting on abusive programs.

I support Ron Paul because he is the only candidate who has views that are in line with mine.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 07:10:42 PM »
Quote from: "McCane"

I support Ron Paul because he is the only candidate who has views that are in line with mine.

Yup!

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 07:11:32 PM »
Ron Paul is okay and I was initially leaning towards Obama even before he threw his hat in.  But you peel away some of the polish and great orating skills he seems kind of desperate now and starting to show his true colors with all the mudslinging and anger towards woman (especially Hillary and Palin) is a mistake.  I was hoping he would stick to the issues more and respect all the voters, not just the bleeding hearts.
 I don’t think he is ready to lead yet, maybe in 4 years.  Besides McCain is looking better every day and I like that Palin will be focused on special needs kids and services for children. I would like to see the kids get an advocate, for a change, in this next election.