Author Topic: new tune  (Read 975 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
new tune
« on: August 29, 2008, 12:08:57 PM »
I don't know what's worse, her stealing my sign, or my singing, but here's the noise, you decide, LOL oh, and Hi Monica!!  :moon:

http://tinyurl.com/69cytl
click on "She stole my sign"

cheers,

RG
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: new tune
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:45:58 PM »
Stealing the sign is worse.

Sing away!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »
thank you, but aside from the spur of that particular moment of divine inspiration, I have one helluva time tryin to "sing" while playing the guitar. I can walk and chew gum at the same time but I think I need some sort of lesson or something for the music thing. If anyone has any ideas about that, let me know, lol...

RG

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 10:04:56 PM »
Well you could always Lip-Sync ;)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 02:15:03 AM »
Hey Bill, Bob here, the hardest thing about singing while playing is that you lose your place and forget the words.  I choked up while singing a Johnny Cash gospel song in church and it was pretty embarrassing.  A music stand is a real help.  If you got the chords and notes down pat, the main thing is to have a copy of the lyrics ready.  You can find lyrics on the net real easy, then just copy and paste onto Word Pad or Microsoft Office whatever, pick a nice big type font like 24 to 48 size and then print the words out onto a sheet of paper cuz hand written shit will mess you up when the time comes.

Playing guitar is alot like typing.  You never really start to cook until you break the habit of looking at your fingers.  Your finger tips have these things called nerve clusters and you should learn to let them do their job and play by feel.  Lately, I have been learning to play Bass and it is sorta like writing with Jumbo Crayons because everything is on a bigger scale, but I am finding it to be alot easier than when I first tryed learning guitar.  I only look down when my pinky has to hit a fret, cuz it's so much smaller than the other fingers.  

I remember me and some friends used to use an ironing board for lyrics.  We would tape them facing either way and that way, all of us could walk over and glance at them while playing and still be on the same page so to speak, plus it made a real handy place to set our beer on as well without messing up any equipment, and the best part was that it was adjustable.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:59:14 AM »
I think the ironing board idea is brilliant.I tape lyrics to the wall as I have a "beverage" holder on my mic stands,I remember  back in the day having a hell of a time learning to play guitar and harmonica at the same time,but I kept after it ,and one day ,viola, there it is.I dont recall learning to SING and play as such a hard thing,but fuck that was 30+ years ago.Id been playing mandolin for a few years before I ever took up a guitar,and even then I started playing in open D tuning,nvver really playing in standard tuning much until 6 months before straight,I still have a Tele that stays in open D,and a resonator guitar that is in my own"secret " tuning.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad