Author Topic: Journal from Casa by the Sea/WWASP inmate I found  (Read 3884 times)

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Journal from Casa by the Sea/WWASP inmate I found
« on: July 28, 2003, 04:06:00 AM »
http://www.freerick.org/blog/carcar716/casaentries.txt

I found this around the web. Its a journal written at Casa supposedly by what appears to be a pretty level headed and complacent client who sees right through the program and is trying to convince her mother to let her out. According to her journals she spent 4 months there.

It thoroughly depressing but a must read all the same.

This is what we are fighting against. Freedom is not just a word to be shouted at rallies and then put back in the dictionary. (unoriginal but it works :smile:

In the end this cause is about individual liberty and the right to be free from imprisonment. Because if the line between being free and being imprisoned is just a birthday or two then none of us are free. All it takes is a few keystrokes on a computer or a change in a law and any of us could be kidnapped and imprisoned for a profit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline suflowersinamericanow

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 10:45:00 AM »
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Instituti ... Alive/post

I have posted this entry to the Group forum I began last week to drum up stories.  If you have a story to share, please post it to the site above.  I have alerted national media to this site.  International media is next.  

Please share your stories.  We, as a nation, need to hear you.  

And, of course, I let it be known I found this on Fornits' which is a great forum.  Thank you, Fornits' Home 4 Wayward Forums.
In peace,
Su

Offline Carey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 08:12:00 PM »
FaceKahn,  that made me cry.  

THAT, is the TRAGEDY and the REALITY of "behavior modification."  It is all about kids being beaten, mentally.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »
I read it too, reads like she was beating herself up mentally - which is self-abuse.  It's not even really about the self-abuse, it's about what she felt so deeply she had to hang on to just to prove she was a victim to her parents.   Very, very sad mental state she was in and couldn't give herself enough self-love to go beyond the victim mind. Casa didn't make her feel like this.  She created that herself.

Offline spots

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 09:05:00 PM »
Anon, you said:

"I read it too, reads like she was beating herself up mentally - which is self-abuse. It's not even really about the self-abuse, it's about what she felt so deeply she had to hang on to just to prove she was a victim to her parents. Very, very sad mental state she was in and couldn't give herself enough self-love to go beyond the victim mind. Casa didn't make her feel like this. She created that herself."

I don't understand what you're saying here, Anon. I have this really bad feeling that you're saying Casa was, in fact, teaching her self-love...how?...and she was not able to internalize it...or something?  Can you try again?

Offline Carey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2003, 09:09:00 PM »
WRONG.  She was feeling just the way Casa wanted her to feel.  They wanted her to feel like crap inside.  They want these kids to feel so sick inside that they have no where else to turn, except to them, (them being those in control at Dundee/Casa/WWASP or the like).  They want to make the teens dependint on them for their very life.  That is why the parents and family are cut off from being involved in the childs life.  It is not because the child "will manipulate the parent"  it is so that WWASP can "manipulate the parent."  Separating the teen from the family is the "programs" way of controlling the mind of the teen without any interferance from the parents.  It is WWASP's way of altering their minds.

Anyone who thinks WWASP is about bringing families back together is missing a brain.  Separating the teen from the family is how they gain total control over the child.  TOTAL CONTROL.

When I hear a comment like yours Anon, that too makes me cry.  It makes me cry because I know there are so many others like you out there who believe just as you do.  And, because of your belief, others are suffering.  All I can do is pray that God will help you to see the truth.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 12:35:00 AM »
You're so right Carey - Casa made her feel that way, just like the driver that cut me off made me feel angry, or just like the way the mailman made me feel when he put bills in my mailbox, or how sad I felt because it rained on my wedding day - it's someone else's fault. I had no control over my feelings, someone else did. I couldn't choose how to feel in any of those situations because it was not me that did those things.  

It's too bad those wwasp parents don't understand that and their children are made to feel they DO have control of their feelings.

My boss told me I had a negative attitude - but it is HIS fault - he gave me way too much work to do and I told him so.

Why do some people think I need to change my attitude?  They're the ones that need to change.

Offline Janet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2003, 01:29:00 AM »
Anon, I got the feeling she was trying to hold on to her memories of what was important to her.  First of all she was not an adult with life's experience.  She only knew what a teenager understands.  The adults at Casa were playing with her mind.  That is easy to do when you are sleep deprived, nutrition deprived, affection deprived and solace deprived.  If your life is so restricted that you will be punished for looking at someone in the eye, for humming a tune, for smiling, for giving a grieving student a hug or for anything normal people do without first getting permission, you can easily be confused and disconsolate.
oriahkitty

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2003, 02:13:00 AM »
She was holding on to her humanity in a place that does not value such things as compassion and safety. She was remembering that she was a person and no person deserves to be in that place.

Control of one's emotions? When someone figures that out they will win a nobel prize.

Feelings are one's own, what a person chooses to share with others is their own business. Everyone has their secrets and most psychological studies indicate that personal secrets are perfectly normal and healthy and that it is far more often that divulging those secrets is harmful to the psyche than in keeping them hidden. Especially when those secrets are of such a personal nature.

I think one clear theme of most of these programs is their desire to force confessions of your secrets and keep them as a way to torment you and as insurance against you turning against them or suing them.

I believe Jefferson said that "Three people can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead."

"Necesity is the plea for every infringment of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants. It is the creed of slaves."- William Pitt
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2003, 08:07:00 AM »
Don't ya just love it when people read a little pop psychology and then become armchair psychologists !! A lot of credit must go to Oprah and Dr. Phil for this one.

Anon, While there is benefit in taking responsibility for "what one creates", and choosing NOT to react in situations beyond your control, you're comparing apples to oranges and applying a theory inappropriately.

Yeh, it's not rational or reasonable to resent the mailman for delivering bills that you created.
Most people find themselves in this situation because they are addicted to spending to feel good, and refuse to cut up their credit cards. This indeed is a case of misplaced resentment, or anger, or whatever the feeling.

The weather is beyond one's control, but disappointment is a normal/common reaction in this situation. Optimally, one vents their disappointment and moves ahead, making adjustments to the original plans.

As for the driver who cut you off. Anger is just the defense mechanism for a more vulnerable feeling, like fear. Pretty normal in that situation to get angry instead of "taking responsibility for your feelings" and pulling over to the side of the road to shake and cry till you feel better. Most people have this reaction because they were VICTIMS of parents who "cut them off". Takes a while to get over this one and realize your parents and the driver of the car are just unthoughtful and inconsiderate, or distracted.

There are situations in which people ARE victims. You have to make the distinction.

The normal and healthy reaction to disrespect and abuse is anger and indignation- it's about survival. Had her parents been subjecting her to this she might have run away- not an option at Casa. Or reported them to CPS- not an option at Casa.

In a place like Casa you can't express anger or indignation, or you're punished. So you turn it inward and beat yourself up. Research shows that when someone is told they are "unworthy", "stupid", or any other derogatory label; for long enough they begin to believe it. The mistreatment is first external. At some point, external control is not necessary because the VICTIM will abuse themself.

As far as the children being made "to feel they DO have control of their feelings". In theory that sounds real good. And in an idea situation that is useful. That is not the case at Casa, or other less visably abusive programs.

You don't abuse a person and punish them if they react in order to teach them how to be in control of their feelings.

Keep reading...you have some more to learn.
She indeed was a VICTIM of her parents and Casa. They both caused her to feel a great deal of unnecessary pain and confusion.
I will finish her journal later, but from what I read and based on my son's experience, she was holding on for dear life to any shred of reality. She's bright and articulate. I hope she finds the resource to help her make since of the insanity she had to live through.

Deborah
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2003, 02:26:00 PM »
Personally, I'd much rather read about those that got over their pity party and learned about some very wonderful parts of themselves.  Life is not perfect, challenges and struggles are inevitable.  While I don't challenge this story, because at the time, this sad little girl believed she didn't need help, I know there are many more that know "life" has so much more to offer and are thanking their parents. Their parents are thanking their kids. They know they have control over their emotions, thoughts and feelings, no matter what someone else says to them.  It takes strength to get to that place and to have that as a permanent part of their lives.  Easy...hell no. Teens and adults fall back into insanity - doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, a lot.  What's different about the graduating students and families is they KNOW when they are doing this and actually learn from their mistakes.  Mistakes are great -

There are kids that only need a wake up call, and enrolling in a WWASP school or other long term program is NOT appropriate.  There are parents that will admit their child for reasons that are not good or appropriate, but for the mostpart, the parents that do admit have made the best choice possible - this means they have talked with other families, met the teens that are now home and have seen the long term results - which does not include brainwashing or compliance.  

If brainwashing, mental abuse, etc. is your concern, then think about this:
Mind control involves hypnosis - so if all these programs want the kids to be compliant, then why not do a mass hypnosis??  Then ALL the letters home would be full of fluff, they would happily follow all the rules and come home like little robots.  

I know that pulling a kid out when they are in the place this sad girl was would only create problems - living in the past, blaming others and not the present with optimism for their future.  

I heard Dr. Phil say that you only get out of something what you are willing to put into it.  The easy way would be what you already know.  The hard part, the growing part, is to find a better way and ask for help.

Here are some links  that are written by Real Teens, Real parents and Real staff - Another side that I don't see on this site.  I'm sure you have plenty of sensationized articles by reporters, so I just want to add another side.

http://www.wwasp.com/source03/June-03.pdf

http://www.kingcountyjournal.com/sited/ ... tml/137370

http://www.wwasp.com/source03/July-03L.pdf

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2003, 05:07:00 PM »
Anon:  Personally, I'd much rather read about those that got over their pity party and learned about some very wonderful parts of themselves.

Then why are you here? Pity party? Catchy. I've read lots of posts over at struggling teens and it seems to me that the parents know how to hold a damn good pity party themselves, group style. And THEY are the adults, which doesn't seem to mean much these days.

Anon:  If brainwashing, mental abuse, etc. is your concern, then think about this:
Mind control involves hypnosis - so if all these programs want the kids to be compliant, then why not do a mass hypnosis?? Then ALL the letters home would be full of fluff, they would happily follow all the rules and come home like little robots.

Mind control does not necessarily involve hypnosis. From the moment we're born our conditioning begins. Every moment of every day defines who one becomes. Every interaction, every observation, every suggestion.
Mind control is most successful when someone is cut off from all they know and thoughts are drilled into their minds continuously with no reprieve. They are literally a captive audience. And when you add the element of abusive- well, that's a fertile environment for mind control.

Most of the letters my son sent were fluff. Nothing real, nothing personal. Who wants to share their innermost feelings when every word is being judged and analyze and the wrong gesture can land you in restriction with even less privelges? He only said what they allowed him to say. And always something therapeutic. How he had come to realize that he needed what they had to offer. That's how you win browny points, stay out of trouble and inch your way back to the real world. You must mimic the required rhetoric to get out. Letters that hinted of anything real or honest were rejected by the monitors.

One of the few things I agree with Dr. Phil on is that "we teach people how to treat us". That goes for parent/child relationships as well.

Regarding getting "only what you are willing to put into it". That's absolutely true of parenting as well. It's unfortunate that so many kids have parents who aren't willing to put more into the job they volunteered to do. We reap what we sow. Unfortunately, the teens are put away to serve time for their parent's ignorance and shortcomings.

Anon: Here are some links that are written by Real Teens, Real parents and Real staff - Another side that I don't see on this site. I'm sure you have plenty of sensationized articles by reporters, so I just want to add another side.

As if the folks who post here are not "Real"?  Personally, "I'd rather not read" the musing of how successful their mind control was. These kinds of posts exist all over the internet. Are you program parents, who have been posting here as of late, feeling threatened. Well, notice that you can post here. Not true in the reverse. You won't find "our side" at any of your sensational message boards which limited parents exposure to "your side"....another form of mind control, you brainwashed turd.
Deborah
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2003, 08:43:00 PM »
Oh yeah she definitely held on I think. If you go her more recent entries on her main blog on that site you will find that she actually took a trip to Mexico with her friends and visited the place to take pictures. That shows a lot resolve considering so many survivors of these programs will not even go back to the state they were in.

Offline carcar716

• View Profile
Re: Journal from Casa by the Sea/WWASP inmate I found
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 03:14:28 PM »
that was my journal. i recently reposted them at:  http://www.therealcasa.blogspot.com

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
Re: Journal from Casa by the Sea/WWASP inmate I found
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 03:45:32 PM »
Quote from: "carcar716"
that was my journal. i recently reposted them at:  http://www.therealcasa.blogspot.com

Thank you.  I was wondering where they were when this thread reappeared.