Author Topic: Sobriety High  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Sobriety High
« on: August 26, 2008, 09:39:26 PM »
Anybody know anything about this one?

http://homepage.mac.com/sobrietyhighwest/

Curriculum Webpage of Sobriety High School, Edina Minnesota
[Sobriety High School Logo]    Education with love, respect & dignity. Offering an academic program at the secondary level for recovering adolescents in a drug and alcohol free environment    
Elective Courses
Drama
Guitar
Health
Journalism
Photoshop & Design
Physical Education
Psychology
SAT/ACT Test Preparation
Video Production
Take a virtual tour of Sobriety High School...

Sobriety High Edina Staff
(Staff pictures link to curriculum pages)    
Chad Benesh
Joe Covert
Allie Halverson
Judi Hanson
Lill Raynard
Larry Schmidt
EMAIL STAFF

Student Grades
Event Calendar
Daily Schedule
Elective Schedule
SHS Application
SHS Location
School Wish List
Sobriety Calculator
GRADES & INFO
Judi    Larry    Joe
Judi Hanson
Program Director    Larry Schmidt
Lead Teacher, English    Joe Covert
Social Studies Teacher
Chad    Allie    Lill
Chad Benesh
Math Teacher    Allie Halverson
Science Teacher    Lill Raynard
Special Education Teacher
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline iamartsy

• View Profile
Re: Sobriety High
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 12:32:37 AM »
Antigen, this might help you more:
http://www.sobrietyweb.org/treatmentcenters.html

I put alot of weight into the referral base. I know some of these places but not all. I imagine the people on this board know them better. Archway High School in Houston does not impress me with their referral database for example. They use APGs alot here which I know very little about. I attended PDAP (Bob Meehan) in the late 70s and 80s, and there was a great deal of brainwashing involved. If you moved away you suddenly felt lost and out of control like any good cult would have you feel, note the sarcasm. AA you can find anywhere and there is brainwashing I guess if you want to call it brainwashing, but no one gains monetarily from brainwashing you at AA. It is there, take it or leave it.

I know that MN is a big place for legitimate treatment centers (i.e. Hazelden). They are actual 30 day programs not programs like Straight, PDAP, etc. During college, I lived in Rochester, NY, and alot of young people (18+) from there had gone for treatment at 30 day programs in MN. Some went on to halfway houses in MN and some came to the same Aftercare program I attended once a week in Rochester. I did not stay to graduate the aftercare program, because I found it not to be conducive to my life. I was at an academically challenging college and did not have time to go to AA meetings everyday like they wanted me to. While they expressed their objections to my dropping out of their program, no one blacklisted me as a friend. I still hung out with the same crowd at AA meetings.

I am new to these boards so please don't shoot the messenger. This is a very backwards post so my apologies.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »