Author Topic: Straight, KIDS, AARC Derivatives  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Straight, KIDS, AARC Derivatives
« on: August 25, 2008, 10:56:33 PM »
so many people there just wanted the chance to get on another phase. to move up and progress. that place made us lie, cheat, steal, whatever, to just get ahead and not be fucked with. but that place was set up for people to fail. just so we would be kept in and so the man could keep getting those checks from the state. there are people who obviously were trying to just do the right thing and get through that hell and then there were people who enjoyed the absolute power of having your ass in their hands. i dont believe you were one of them. you did what you had to. you know who you were. no bad feelings here man. i remember you fondly actually. you always had those rosy red cheeks. just know there are a lot of people that can see the truth now about before. be proud. you have made good of yourself. life rolls on. keep doing good!!!

A recent statement from a KIDS client (who was in treatment almost 20 years ago!) He was in the program when Vause worked there.

I'm now hearing the same from former AARC clients... tell me what has changed?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
Re: Straight, KIDS, AARC Derivatives
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:28:54 AM »
Quote from: "A mom"
so many people there just wanted the chance to get on another phase. to move up and progress. that place made us lie, cheat, steal, whatever, to just get ahead and not be fucked with. but that place was set up for people to fail. just so we would be kept in and so the man could keep getting those checks from the state. there are people who obviously were trying to just do the right thing and get through that hell

A recent statement from a KIDS client (who was in treatment almost 20 years ago!) He was in the program when Vause worked there.

I'm now hearing the same from former AARC clients... tell me what has changed?

Shit, I did the same thing 30+ years ago. A former staff member blew thru here awhile back and admited that while leading raps...he had no clue where he was leading us....It's apropriate we felt helpless, hopless and so no end to the bullshit. The was no structured goals to achieve to bring one closer to "geting out" and as you implied....it was not from lack of trying....poorly trained staff (if trained at all) cash...lotsa cash and national if not global recognition.....why give us the goals and directives to achieve said goals. It was bullshit  :bs:  :bs:  :bs:

Much Healing
woof
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »
These places don't care, they'll "Diagnose" anyone with having their disease if it will get them in the door and cash in their pocket, recognition, more donations, (insert benefit here).

Then you've got the kids, stuck, helpless and no choice but to try to comply and do whatever is necessary to please those who have the power of advancing them out of that situation.

No one knows what they're getting into when they enter these places.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 08:45:47 AM »
I agree with ye for the most part, Mom. Then ye have those already sadistic, abusive parents that just don't care if the kid is stuck, helpless, hopeless. This type of parent is heave to a program b/c they don't care, which means the program could get away with a lot, and has. ::puke::  ::puke::

These places don't care, they'll "Diagnose" anyone with having their disease if it will get them in the door and cash in their pocket, recognition, more donations, (insert benefit here).

Then you've got the kids, stuck, helpless and no choice but to try to comply and do whatever is necessary to please those who have the power of advancing them out of that situation.

No one knows what they're getting into when they enter these places.
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 11:33:02 AM »
If that was me, with parents like that I would just get the fack out of there as fast as possible, and never look back.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 12:56:16 PM »
If that was me, with parents like that I would just get the fack out of there as fast as possible, and never look back.

Getting out was trickier than youd think.  Working the program to get out was an unpredictable gauntlet, and well...running was near impossible until you could stay in long enough to get on a higher phase that even exposed an opportunity to do so.  By that time the brain Cuisinart was at full puree' and you'd have to escape your own neurosis first.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline slynch2112

• View Profile
    • http://tridisha.com
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »
Quote from: "Carmel"
Getting out was trickier than youd think.  Working the program to get out was an unpredictable gauntlet, and well...running was near impossible until you could stay in long enough to get on a higher phase that even exposed an opportunity to do so.  By that time the brain Cuisinart was at full puree' and you'd have to escape your own neurosis first.

Exactly, by the time I was pulled out of KIDS (on 2nd phase, after over 1.75 years - I had only been on second phase for a month) - my brain was so pureed that I couldn't even talk to someone to get a watch when I got out and went to the store to get one.
--
Siobhan Lynch
CAFETY Board of Advisors
Parent, Systems Administrator, Programmer, Child Rights Activist, Sex Freedom Activist, GLBT Activist
A Proud Autistic Parent of an Autistic Child.