Author Topic: My meeting with Mrs. Row  (Read 2368 times)

Offline SurvivorEMSR

• View Profile
My meeting with Mrs. Row
« on: July 26, 2003, 01:00:00 PM »
I apologize, Mrs. Row, if you didn't want me to post about our meeting, but I have to do what I believe is right, and I can't keep this new valuable information to myself. EMSR

MetalGod, Antigen, Carmel, Butter and Fornits supporters,
 You have probably noticed that I have been trying to steer the topics about PFC in these forums towards reform for Pathway rather than shutting it down. This isn't because I have suddenly become a PFC supporter. I had lunch with Mrs. Row the other day, and surprisingly enough, she was very supportive of our ideas. You guys were right. We inspired many of the recent changes going on at PFC right now. I guess I heard this, and I may have become a little self-righteous. I was proud that we made a change, and I had Mrs. Row's apology, and so I committed to myself that I had to help her change PFC into a successful program. Well, open-mindedness doesn't seem to work with these PFC supporters, so as I said before, I am back on the right track. I apologize, you guys. I let my head get too big.

Here is more I learned from Mrs. Row. Pathway is VERY CLOSE to being shut down. It doesn't have money, and there are no clients waiting for admission. She's not even sure that she wants to continue working there. She was very apologetic for what I went through, and she is very aware that Pathway has MANY PROBLEMS.  

Hey anonymous poster, listen up here!!!
 Mrs. Row admits that clients were and are put under the assumption that they are drug addicts and/or alcoholics. She admits they are told they need serious treatment. They are still required to go to meetings on 4th and 5th level! What are AA and NA meeting for, Anonymous? Come on, not even you're that daft. Now, in Mrs. Row's defense, she does believe that this is a serious problem, and it needs to be changed, but obviously this is a very hard thing to do. She made it clear that she runs into a lot of resistance in making these new changes.

Keep listening Anonymous!
 You keep on using the same stupid God damn argument, "Hey, find a better program than PFC." Well, there is one that Mrs. Row, you're own clinical director, believes is better. I believe it's called Clean House. Now, I know nothing about this program at all. All I know is that you're own clinical director told me about it, so there you are. Stop asking that same bleeding question!

Anonymous poster,
 Mrs. Row acknowledges that many laws were broken in PFC. Some include clients being restrained, peer-staff running therapy groups, clients not being allowed outside. You know what, I'm not even going to state everything. If you want to know, go ask Mrs. Row. I'm done saying the same things over and over again.  

I want to make it clear that I believe Mrs. Row has good intentions, and if there is hope for PFC that we don't know about, I believe she can bring it out. She was very respectful, and I have a lot of respect for her. This post was not a clout against Mrs. Row herself but at the program she works for. EMSR

Hey anonymous, why do you never answer any of my questions? I asked many a couple of days ago, and you chose to ignore them. I'll ask one again: If PFC is so great and helpful, why are they about to close down? PFC used to talk about "everything happening for a reason." What is the reason for PFC being so close to done with? Hmmm. When they finally do close, hopefully you will get off your high horse and start to admit that maybe you made a big mistake. But hey, that's okay, everyone makes mistakes! There's a lot more I have to say, but I want your response, if you'll give it, first.

[ This Message was edited by: SurvivorEMSR on 2003-07-26 10:28 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline butternationalist

• View Profile
My meeting with Mrs. Row
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »
I have only one thing to say, ED, you are a good good man. i think thats all that needs to be said.
Thanks for being the one who went straight to the surce and gotshit staightned out.

ED 4 PRESIDENT 2004.
 peace-- :smokin:  smith

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
My meeting with Mrs. Row
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »
Hi EMSR, check your Private Messages please.

I would still want to be sure they don't close up shop and move across town as another STRAIGHT, INC spawn. We shall see, though. STRAIGHT claimed not to have money too, BUT BUT BUT, we all know otherwise. Well, great job on that meeting. Any chance like that is good to take. I had some anxious moments when I interviewed the former Regional Director of STRAIGHT, INC. and the Director of The STRAIGHT FOUNDATION.

Kudos EMSR! ::cheers::

MG8 ::deal::  :smokin:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My meeting with Mrs. Row
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2003, 08:29:00 PM »
:wstupid:

I'm assuming by your response that my guess about the alleged nature of the relationship between Ms. Rowe and this person named Brent was way off. If so, then please accept my apologies for making unfounded insinuations. Please understand that I have never met either of these people and based my assumption entirely on what I know of how the Program works and some of the things that often happen under those circumstances.

Ms. Rowe, if you've seen the light, then more power to ya'! I admit, I remain skeptical. I've seen some senior staff, parents and beaucoup clients and former clients "snap" out of it. But I don't think I've ever heard of an acting executive staffer coming to their senses like that. Doesn't mean it never happened or that it doesn't happen often. Just that it would be (blessed!) news to me.

How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate, they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0451524934/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>George Orwell, 1984

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My meeting with Mrs. Row
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 12:20:00 AM »
EMSR-
  I find it interesting that you say Mrs. Row said that Clean House is a "better" program.  Clean House is a very different program that does offer substance abuse treatment but engages a different clientele.  While they work with adolescents, they also work with adults and the elderly.  It is also a day treatment program, without a host home component, which some people may see as a better quality, but I know many clients of PFC would be in different situations now if they had returned to their own families and home environments each night without other clients.  I believe Clean House has many admirable qualities and PFC clients can benefit from some of these qualities.  But, comparing the two programs is like comparing apples and oranges.  This is not to say that Mrs. Row did not tell you what she told you, I obviously was not there, but this is just for everyone's information.

Offline SurvivorEMSR

• View Profile
My meeting with Mrs. Row
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »
Why do you never answer any of my questions, Anonymous? Why? Why? Why? EMSR

Offline SurvivorEMSR

• View Profile
My meeting with Mrs. Row
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 10:52:00 AM »
Anonymous,
I don't care what you find "interesting." The fact is, Mrs. Row and I were on the subject of other programs, and she spoke very highly of "Clean House" and NOT so highly of PFC.

Did you get anything else I said, or are you just going to argue minor discrepancies as usual? EMSR

[ This Message was edited by: SurvivorEMSR on 2003-07-29 08:07 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My meeting with Mrs. Row
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2003, 11:51:00 PM »
First of all, you should realize that there are more than one person who post on this site as anonymous.  When you respond to anonymous posts with things like "as usual" you are assuming that it is the same person.  I posted the information about Clean House and stated very clearly that I was not posting to argue, but to share the facts I knew about the program.  I am not in a position to answer your questions.  I was just trying to help out.

Offline SurvivorEMSR

• View Profile
My meeting with Mrs. Row
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2003, 11:21:00 AM »
Well then, thank you very much for your help. EMSR

Offline butternationalist

• View Profile
My meeting with Mrs. Row
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2003, 05:04:00 PM »
This is exactly why I don't support allowing people to post. If somebody doesn't have the balls to put their name behind their opinions, then and only then will I disregard their opinions, I simply take that as they're just posting to waste time.peace!! :roll:----smith

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My meeting with Mrs. Row
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »
Since Mrs. Row has admitted that it's a serious problem that these kids have it drilled in their heads that they are addicts and alcoholics, tonight at family meeting APOLOGIZE to them that it may be true that they are not!! That possibly they may not have to attend AA or NA meetings the rest of their life and feel hopeless about it. That if they do drugs again that they may not do it to the degree that they did and they can come out of it.  THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO KILL THEMSELVES IF THEY DO.  You have my rage and anger. How about talking about suicide tonight and how after therapy  24/7 for two years you didn't help, did you!!!   There is help that you are unable or unknowledgeable to give.