Author Topic: Elan's effects on you  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Kaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/elan_memories/
Elan's effects on you
« on: July 25, 2003, 10:21:00 AM »
When I was sent to Elan back in 1988 I didnt take it seriously and fucked around most of the time.Most of the students in their were into hard core drugs like coke , acid, ect.I never even touched those drugs before coming to Elan.I smoked pot 3 times in my life before coming to Elan.
When I finallly got out I experimented with coke, and acid very often because of all the stories I heard about it in Elan.So if you were to ask me whether or not did Elan have an effect on you I would have to say yes.
Maybe its me maybe I'm just negitive, but Elan taught me to be a more slick type of a person.Before going into Elan I would act of my feelings and react instantanisly and would therefore get in trouble.But Elan opened a new door for me and that door showed me how to arrrest the feelings and hold on to them and relase them at a later appropiate time.
Sure they offered use a chance to get our feelings off in gruops at the people that pissed us off, but sometimes that was not enough and those people that pissed you off would continue to piss you off as soon as group was over.I sought a different way to get back at the people I hated during my stay at Elan.
One of the things that I would do is capitalize on the person I didnt like with another person that they didnt get along with.

When I was strength I would have free roam of the complex during head counts at night in school.I would go into the dorms and take residents possesions and put them hiden in drawers of people I didnt like, so that the chief expeditor would eventially do a guilt run and find them and they "The people I didnt like" would get a GM over it.
The whole point is it made me feel 100% better knowing I got the last kick in.Some of the people their deserved it too,I couldn't stand them and my other peers also hated them.I managed to skip right through the program and rewrite it at the same time for myself.I made myself connected in Elan.I was able to get dunkin donuts 3 times a week from maitenance,I always had many extra packs of cigarettes so I wouldnt run out at the end of the week.Alot of the time I managed to escape the floor by working in the kitchen all day with Bob and Dennis the cooks.Staff had so much trust in me they would let me continue to sleep down at re-entry dorms and walk around the complex to do errrands alone as a worker, sometimes even a shotdown.All of the other students hated it, they were so jealous.
I dont think Elan can really change someone, I think you grow out of it.Elan helped me to become more sneaky and I love it.Getting revenge on people years down the road has great rewards.2 years ago I was able to get back at someone real good for something they did to me 9 years prior,9 fuckin years, thats how long I waited and man did it pay off big time.Not only did I physically dominate them but I set the person up to get arrested and have his driving privleges revoked for over a year.I speared this guy so hard he hit the floor and had a concussion, I ran through this son-of-a-bitch like a knife through warm butter.He had it coming too.And to think all this patience I had was from what I learned at Elan,Thanks Elan, thanks for showing me how to pause my hostlity and unpause it for another time and day.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Elan's effects on you
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2003, 01:23:00 AM »
... wasted time of my life

That was it s effect on me

Paul

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
Elan's effects on you
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2003, 01:30:00 AM »
Effects are not only after the fact, but also inherent.

For example, when I had to talk to people that I disliked, that was an effect.

No longer being around people that I did like was also an effect.

Having to answer questions, that were not the business of others, was an effect.

Being forced to listen to people go on and on about unrealistic bullshit all day was an effect.

Not being able to spend the days of MY life doing what I wish was an effect.

Personally, I hated that program...mine was like Elan.. and I am still not a fan today..

Paul

Offline jackie

• View Profile
    • http://http://groups.msn.com/TIMETOCLOSETHEDOORSOFELAN
Elan's effects on you
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 04:39:00 AM »
more than i can even get into......other than my mental and physical health im ok.....elan took away my trust, what innocence i had,my love for life, my faith in humanity, my feeling of self worth, half my mind and most of my spirit, as well as gave me sleepless nites, nightmares, daymares, inferiority complex, anger beyond imagination, and so much more......

thank you elan, ive never thought of the human race the same........
ackie

Offline Kaz

• View Profile
Elan's effects on you
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 10:50:00 AM »
I,ve been out of Elan for 12 years now, whats really strange is from time to time I still get these dreams where I am being re-admitted to Elan to serve 18 months all over again.During the duration of my dream I find myself saying , Omg this is really true, its not a dream anymore, I'm really at Elan.
Then when I wake up I'm like oh man I just had another intense dream about that place.
Mark and Jeffery tried there hardest to be intense on me during my stay but I never let them break me.I basically skated through the place.I was older then the other students and a little more head strong then them, and both Jeff and Mark realized that.
Yea I would get dealt with from time to time for fucking up but they had so much trust in me they would let me roam the complex as a worker.I was once shot down from coordiantor of the b.o. then became a worker of the b.o. and still carried out the task's and responsibilites of a coordinator.Tina Hicks looked right over me being a worker and still saw me as coordinator and every Tuesday aske me it the paper work was completed.
Hell even there was other residents in the b.o. I did their jobs as well, I basically ran the entire office by myself, except for the cleaning part, I let a shot down or volunteer do it.As a worker of the b.o. that was my one and only responsibility to do at the time.
I stayed contempt on running the b.o. evevn as a worker because I knew no one else could run the b.o. like I did and I always got all the proper paper work done and handed in on time.
During my last 3 months of Elan I remained either a worker or a Dept. head, but most of the time I remembered being a worker.
I enjoyed beinf a coordinator of the b.o. but loathed being c.o.d. I could deal with all of it, it was too much chaos.
Mark and Jeff use to say you have to deal with it,you need responsibilites and have to learn to take orders from other people.Because the truth is one day you will be out in the real world and have a job and there will always be someone giving you orders,I alwyas said, nope, I will not allow that to happen in life, I will own my own business and won't have to answer to anyone but myself.
Their response " You dont even want to go to college, how do you expect to own your own business?"
Reality today, I own my own business, never went to college married a physician and now have a combined income well into the six figures.Most of my week I spend at the gym, taking akido classes and watching movies on my 46 inch high defination wide screen tv.I basically live in a low stress enviroment, wake up in the morning when I want too, work when I want too and do what I want too.
So I gotta ask Jeff and Mark, am I successful or what?

Elan's main goal is to try and tell you how to live your life and how you go about doing it, bullshit!
I changed on my own and far after I left that place.When I got out of Elan I was doing drugs that I never tried before I got there because I heard about them in Elan and the effects it had.I partied my ass off for many years, had some low paying job to support myself and pay the rent.Life really didnt hit me until I turned 28.Here I was working for a friend making 10 dollars and hour being an exterminator.My friend who owned his business was a year younger then me thats when it hit me.It was like being in elan as a worker when your peers are coordinators.So I decided to open up my own landscaping and snow plowing business.And little by little it grew and grew.This past winter was very snowy and I made a ton of money.The worst  would have to say is , yeah it was great except the times when I was making shitty money which is $500.00 an hour.$1000.00 an hour was the main income I was making during the plowing season.

Anyway if there is others out there that were told by Elan how to run your life and what you need to do, dont listen to it.When it is time to take control over your life you will know when to do it.The best freedom one can have in life is owning your own business.Follow your instincs and the money will come in.

Offline Kaz

• View Profile
Elan's effects on you
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Kaz on 2003-08-22 07:08 ]

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
Re: Elan's effects on you
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 03:25:33 PM »
I killed myself and got addicted to smack because I didn't complete the program. And wound up in jail. Being dead in jail isn't so bad, it being a dead addict thats the problem. I am considering returning to elan and faking it until/when I make it (to ramrod). Being a dead ramrod isn't so bad really, at least I'll have laces on my shoes and get to make subliminally subversive productions for the communications office. Nothing has ever really been the same for me since I didn't graduate elan and died and got addicted to smack and lost my laces. I spend most of my time locked in a dark room crying to myself, emerging only periodically to access fornits at my local public library, it is the one shining ray of hope in my otherwise bitter for not completing the program life. The ONE ray of hope I tell you, and i'll be damned if you're going to take this away from me, even if you already got my shoelaces. P.S. I stole the expeditors key and threw it behind the water heater and laughed to myself as all the coordinators shit themselves trying to find it. I retrieved the key several weeks later and used it to read my expeditor reports. They seemed to think I was some sort of lamprey like suckerfish/eastern european vampire crossed with a hashish plant. I didn't know what to tell them. I had lost my one true love, another Ramrod named Eliza. Chief was called, and he asked me if i wanted to be a cannibal in a mexican circus - what could I say? Thats when I woke up in downtown lewiston-auburn with a needle in my arm and a flourescent orange t-shirt wrapped round my head. Something had gone terribly amiss, and the only solution was located in New jersey. I hobbled home after collecting enough cans to rent a mule and fill it halfful with gas but I looked ridiculous without shoelaces. One false move, one cross-eyed look from the wrong gas station attendant and the whole jig was up. The fat is in the fire. Dawn is coming up, and I must be gone. Eliza is sprawled out in my bed on the nod, admiring the diamond ring that serves as our Joker in the whole, downpayment for a 93' Toyota Tercel, and her engagement contract all rolled into one. I've painstakingly selected the perfect knife. Elan will pay. mark me. we will walk a road of their bones?

-Mister Pink
quot;Its a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor\" - Bob Dylan

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 03:26:44 PM »
Shit, sorry.

I got off track and forgot to... meant to ask everyone if they would come to my BBQ next thursday?

-Mister Pink
quot;Its a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor\" - Bob Dylan

Offline java.gurl

• View Profile
    • http://www.everyanimalmatters.org
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 11:47:35 PM »
Quote from: "Mister Pink"
Shit, sorry.

I got off track and forgot to... meant to ask everyone if they would come to my BBQ next thursday?

-Mister Pink

LOL!

Offline java.gurl

• View Profile
    • http://www.everyanimalmatters.org
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 12:01:23 AM »
I was there with Kaz & they let him sleep in the dorms by the lake as a shotdown & worker, it was wild & ppl were mad jealous of him. He was older than most there he was like 18 or 19 so he got an entire carton of smokes vs the 10 a week the rest of us got & that pissed everyone off!
That shit hole turned everyone in vindictive freaks towards the ppl they did not like. I used to hide ppl's shit & throw their shit out too. I thought it was funny as Hell. I would even make food for the corner person & if I did not like that person I'd fuck with their food. I did not spit in it but I would rub the hamburger on the ground or put dirty dishwater from the back pan into the cup & put the juice on top of it, Etc.
There was 1 guy I DESPISED they moved him to 3 from 8 & Marc treated him like he was so fucking great & he was an ugly zit faced phony!
He was so nasty to ppl as a high strength except his contracts & got away with it by kissing Marcs ass ( I bet he sucked his dick too!) I know it is immature to be this way a decade later but when I think of the kid I get disgusted shivers in my body!
He was like this Al Qaeda, Luis Farrakhan type mofo. I was enraged the staff allowed him to spout his BS the way he did, being Islamic is one thing but when you are borderline extremist like this sicko was that was another thing altogether. I wondered what happened to him?