Author Topic: AARC's Congenital Disease  (Read 7091 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: AARC's Congenital Disease
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2008, 08:23:06 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
So, you're still not going to answer the questions then, huh?

She didn't ask a question,she made a statement, einstein.  roflmao
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2008, 12:15:29 PM »
The questions to Noah, or any other AARC graduate for that matter are below. Noah stated in the article that he would be happy to answer questions, so here they are, have at it:

You walked out the doors of AARC 7 months ago and never looked back?

Don't have to "give back"?

You AND your parents are no longer going to meetings at AARC?

Your family is no longer acting as a "host home" to other clients?

You're no longer attending holiday dinners at AARC?

You didn't leave "AARC" and join the "Alumni"?

You were never refused use of a telephone or access to your own family during any of your time at AARC?

You were at school 10 months of the year?

You were never physically restrained and could walk out the door anytime you wanted to?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2008, 12:16:37 PM »
The questions to Noah, or any other AARC graduate for that matter are below. Noah stated in the article that he would be happy to answer questions, so here they are, have at it:

You walked out the doors of AARC 7 months ago and never looked back?

You AND your parents are no longer going to meetings at AARC?

Your family is no longer acting as a "host home" to other clients?

You were never refused use of a telephone or access to your own family during any of your time at AARC?

You were never physically restrained and could walk out the door anytime you wanted to?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2008, 03:25:41 PM »
oh  mommy dearest,

her is the complete thread, just to contain the usual problem of you and your pals - puling things out of context:

" Noah wrote:

I've been graduated from AARC for about 7 months now. I'm still sober and my life is better than ever, I was never once abused not have seen any abuse throughout my experience in AARC. Although marijuana and mushrooms were my drug of choice, (usually seen as not a problem by parents) I was high all day everyday, and selling both substances. I had dropped out of school, and my life was out of control. AARC was very hard to go through as it was the biggest change I've ever had to make. And I am forever grateful for it. 11 and a half months of hard work and repairing my life is definitely worth it in the long run. I'd rather much spend 11 and a half months straightening up my life and living a happy one at that, to an older age compared to living a life of despair and chaos for a shorter amount of time. If anyone has questions feel free to email me!

Jun 11 at 01:23 AM

Flag as inappropriate Flagged

Noah wrote:

You can reach me at [email protected].

Jun 11 at 01:24 AM

Flag as inappropriate Flagged

T. Brown wrote:

So Noah,

Sound like a nice beginning . . . of as challenge to a kid's happiness that his life has imporved , but what the heck you like your disposition

THen what you write to his report of - "I'm still sober and my life is better than ever, I was never once abused not have seen any abuse throughout my experience in AARC. " . . . ." I had dropped out of school, and my life was out of control. AARC was very hard to go through as it was the biggest change I've ever had to make. And I am forever grateful for it. 11 and a half months of hard work and repairing my life is definitely worth it in the long run. I'd rather much spend 11 and a half months straightening up my life and living a happy one at that, to an older age compared to living a life of despair and chaos for a shorter amount of time."
WHat do your questions have to do with the report he gives of what happened for him ???? He sounds pretty grateful, why the hell would he care whether he sees people he met where he spent a year working hard and people who he very likely grew to like and for whom he is grateful? So he goes for after care and companionship with people that he went through treatment with???  you think that would be a CHORE! and a sentence of some kind. you sound very much to be mocking him and challenging him on his obvious gratitude and cahnge for the POSITIVE ! how f'ing sick is that a  woman that is a mother of a kid, likely the same age.  

You walked out the doors of AARC 7 months ago and never looked back?   and he should never look back becasue . . . . :wall:

do you think he might feel great about doing that, if that even JUSt involves his response on the McGeill Daily??  duh . .   ::deadhorse::

You AND your parents are no longer going to meetings at AARC?  JEez those poor parents having to invest so much time in their kids well-being, they could be out at the freaking bar boohoohoo

Your family is no longer acting as a "host home" to other clients?   Also, uhm . . they might ENJoY providing support for other kids who need treatment, just like other parent did for them!

The rest just is more of the same - out of the mind of a very ill woman

The way you describe your "addiction" could easily describe many of the people I went to high school with who outgrew this behaviour and became responsible, contributing members of society. "  
that is the most telling statement of all - he admitted use at a level that far exceeds anything normal but you see that as ok - AGAIN I reiterate - you may be the biggest problem your kid faces

I strongly suggedt you get some help and maybe your kids will be safe

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2008, 04:37:56 PM »

Are you Noah? Then I strongly suggest you shut the fuck up about things you know nothing about.

:moon:  ;D

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2008, 10:38:37 PM »
I would find it a lot easier to respond to some of these AARC supporter guest posts if they/he/she/it would learn to use the quote tags rather than use color tags and atrocious formatting that makes the post hard to read.

It's simple like this

Code: [Select]
[quote]this is in a quote tag.  the one with the slash ends it[/quote]
this is not
[quote]when responding to a big post simply[/quote]
break it up
[quote]like this[/quote]

that translates to this:

this is in a quote tag.  the one with the slash ends it
this is not
when responding to a big post simply
break it up
like this
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »
Don't have to "give back"?  do you think he might feel great about doing that, if that even JUSt involves his response on the McGeill Daily?? duh . .  ::deadhorse::

You AND your parents are no longer going to meetings at AARC? JEez those poor parents having to invest so much time in their kids well-being, they could be out at the freaking bar boohoohoo

Your family is no longer acting as a "host home" to other clients? Also, uhm . . they might ENJoY providing support for other kids who need treatment, just like other parent did for them!

It's not from Noah, but pretty much answers my questions and confirms the deceptive practices and misinformation AARC provides to parents at the onset of treatment.

The fact of the matter is that they mislead mislead parents. IF that's what it entails, why be dishonest about it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »
Quote from: "Noah??"

Are you Noah? Then I strongly suggest you shut the fuck up about things you know nothing about.

:moon:  ;D

Nice try   :wall:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2008, 02:27:28 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
I would find it a lot easier to respond to some of these AARC supporter guest posts if they/he/she/it would learn to use the quote tags rather than use color tags and atrocious formatting that makes the post hard to read.

It's simple like this

Code: [Select]
[quote]this is in a quote tag.  the one with the slash ends it[/quote]
this is not
[quote]when responding to a big post simply[/quote]
break it up
[quote]like this[/quote]

that translates to this:

this is in a quote tag.  the one with the slash ends it
this is not
when responding to a big post simply
break it up
like this

oh well . . .  acceptance is a challenge as well

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2008, 02:52:42 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
confirms the deceptive practices and misinformation AARC provides to parents at the onset of treatment.

oh-healthy-one   ::deadhorse::   lol  -  you failed to show any deception in that little quote  . . . but you are conceding that parents and kids are grateful and would want to give back through those practices.  LOL What did AARC tell you - that you get to drop off and then pick up your kid ?  oh ya two days /per week max - BS. And why didn't you tell them what you expected and what you knew would work before you would concede to go through? Why did you bring your kid there? why didn't you take your kid to AADAC? or somewhere else?

Also, parents who have gone through AARC before someone that they recommend the place to are not prevented from telling those same people they are recommending AARC to about what AARC treatment entails.  It is not  a BIG secret as you want to imply. I have recommended the place to people and have told them what I know  and then recommended they  go talk to different parents of kids that have been through there so they can tell them what the time commitments are and . . Lolo how many time/day kids will be put on the rack LOL, you know etc. etc. I don't know if they still pull people's finger nails out but I can ask and get back to you   . .  If you missed anything at the beginning then you found out later - uhm what is the BIG deal? Did you bring yourself and kid there to get help or to pick apart everything that YOU, in your infitely sick wisdom thought should or should not be so. Why are there so many families that go through, get healthy and their kids stay sober, go back to school , get on with a much healthier life etc.etc.  Why, because they NEVER go away from AARC - BULLSHIT. AARC has been around too long now and there are too many that have come and gone that are still doing well. Plus there are many people from outside of Calgary and Alberta that have been through that go back to where they were living prior to AARC and do just fine.

:wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

SERIOUSLY , you really need some help TB.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2008, 10:46:55 PM »
Quote from: "observation"
You seem to need to play the victim  while you have your husband throwing grenades at someone like Dean Vause and AARC.
by lol on 01 Dec 2001, 11:40
If your going to do something than do it but quit lobbing grenades that are complete duds without having the nuts to show your face."
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?f= ... a&start=15

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2008, 05:07:17 PM »
Its alright, he's only been graduated seven months.  At seven months, even though I had run out onto the streets in an unfamiliar town and hid for 31 days.......if you had asked me if I was the victim of, or if I had witnessed any abuse, I probably would have said no.  In fact it wasnt until some 14 years later that it even occurred to me that I had a right to do a google search on Straight, Inc......somewhere deep in my brain the whole confidentiality rule was steadily holding vigil without me even knowing it, and I assumed that no one would ever be speaking about the program....that was dangerous.

Until then it never occurred to me either that the broken bones or the bloody noses or the screaming and vomiting and disease and deprivation and verbal slayings were wrong.  I mean, it was a DRUG REHAB......they didnt HURT people right?  I ran away from my program not because I was being forced into slave labor, physically deteriorating from lack of sleep and proper nutrition, and developing a lovely case of severe anxiety disorder.....no, it was because I was just too weak, right? When I came home a month after my elopement, my mother and I didnt even speak of it, not once....not once for many many years.  There was a subconcious gag placed on my psyche that no matter how much healing I encountered over the next decade, I was powerless to remove or even recognize.

This person Noah, unfortunately is not a reliable source for advocacy of AARC at this time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2008, 09:22:02 PM »
Holy crap do AARC supporters come off as crazy nut jobs.... ah well they have employed one person who had a record of sexual assaults.