Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS ABOUT THE SEED!! IMPORTANT!!!  (Read 3859 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: BREAKING NEWS ABOUT THE SEED!! IMPORTANT!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 11:00:46 PM »
Do what I did with the current incarnation of the cult I was in. Call the place. Pretend you are a troubled parent who had a friend/relative in the seed and they said great things about it, and ask if there is a connection. "Is there any connection to the program my brother was in? The seed? He said that place saved his life."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 11:05:59 PM »
Quote from: "sporewhore"
Do what I did with the current incarnation of the cult I was in. Call the place. Pretend you are a troubled parent who had a friend/relative in the seed and they said great things about it, and ask if there is a connection. "Is there any connection to the program my brother was in? The seed? He said that place saved his life."

Now you've tipped them :( but thanks.

What is the current incarnation of Cedu (if that's the cult you are referring too?)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 01:03:12 AM »
I found the Seed Foundation when I researched the movie The boys from Baraka where kids were sent to Kenya. As some know the program was abandoned, but they learned that the conditions in the neighborhood resulted in about 60% dropping out of high school and prison stay as an almost certain adult experience, so they went looking for another solution so they started working with the Seed Foundation about opening a boarding school in the local community for local kids only.

While some would claim that they could start changing the community while they were at it, some families are so broken that kids don't get food, bath or clean clothes in days. The foster care system is underfunded. In some way such a community boarding  school could be a solution, but of course we have to secure that they are not run by cults. You need to check them out.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 09:45:57 AM »
Quote from: "SDA"
What is the current incarnation of Cedu (if that's the cult you are referring too?)
Clones. Lots of em (Carlbrook, Benchmark, resurrected CEDU schools).  And a lot of the the CEDU staff migrated to Aspen, presumably bringing their practices with them.  In short: Cedu ain't dead.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 07:38:23 PM »
Quote from: "Rotsne"
I found the Seed Foundation when I researched the movie The boys from Baraka where kids were sent to Kenya. As some know the program was abandoned, but they learned that the conditions in the neighborhood resulted in about 60% dropping out of high school and prison stay as an almost certain adult experience, so they went looking for another solution so they started working with the Seed Foundation about opening a boarding school in the local community for local kids only.

While some would claim that they could start changing the community while they were at it, some families are so broken that kids don't get food, bath or clean clothes in days. The foster care system is underfunded. In some way such a community boarding  school could be a solution, but of course we have to secure that they are not run by cults. You need to check them out.

OK, so I guess right now, we don't know if this is connected to THE seed?

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Seed Foundation was featured on the new "Melrose Place"
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »
I just saw an episode of the new verison of "Melrose Place".

The person known as Riley Richmond on the show is working to create Seed boarding school in California.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 12:42:52 PM »
Quote from: "3xsaSeedling"
Quote from: "DFS"
Quote from: "3xsaSeedling"
What drug war?
You mean the commercial support of
'anti-' America by every 'industry' in the country?

HUH?

Sorry:  I meant for that to come out differently.
What I meant was: The 'anti-drug America' campaign,
that is supported by every corporation, political policy, tobacco company
and any other institution of the like you can think of?
The 'drug war' is an excuse to get more money. 
And a useless 'war'.  And 'war' is the wrong word;  I don't care whatTHEY say.

The ONLY way to know if it's linked to theSeed would be to go look, I would think

A war waged exclusively by the powerful against the powerless is not war at all, it is TYRANNY.  Beautifully exemplified by those pigs shooting those two innocent dogs, one of them in the back as he was running away.  I have no idea if it is the same "Seed", but Barker, the cult leader, is dead. If it is the same organization, hopefully he took his madness with him, I know that area of DC needs all the help it can get

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 01:34:01 PM »
After doing some reading, this place looks to have no connection at all to "The Seed" ( except the logo ).  Seems to be about empowering minorities and other "underserved" citizens.  This mayor, and his work with this "Seed Foundation" might be getting under the skin of the very clan-like Prince Georges County Government.  The whole story reeks of entrapment and abuse of power.

Offline Reddit TroubledTeens

• View Profile
    • http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteens
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 07:56:08 PM »
Another article to add to "The SEED Foundation". I hope this place truly helps kids...on paper it sounds wonderful but we all know how that can turn out.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/30263109/detail.html

Foundation Would Help Fund CPS Boarding School
Hundreds Of At-Risk Students Would Attend

POSTED: 3:38 pm EST January 20, 2012
UPDATED: 6:22 pm EST January 20, 2012
2 comments

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati schools may offer a boarding school for students from traditionally underserved neighborhoods.

"There are a group of students who just, because of various challenges, cannot go home at night," said Brian Neal, of The SEED Foundation.

The school board will vote Monday on a proposal that would place 80 sixth graders in dormitory housing as they attend college preparatory classes, with a new class added as the initial class moves forward by one grade.

"We can support 400 kids every school year and move the needle in getting them off to college and to be successful in life," Neal said.

The privately funded SEED Foundation operates two boarding schools in Washington, D.C., and Maryland and was featured in the documentary "Waiting for Superman."

"It's the kind of residential education that we would not be able to afford ourselves," said Eve Bolton, of the Cincinnati School Board.

Students who are abused or neglected, whose parents are incarcerated, or who live far below the poverty line are those who might be helped by boarding schools, Neal said.

"These would be the kids that have the greatest amount of burden and challenge emotionally to overcome in order to be individually successful," Bolton said.

The SEED Foundation is searching on the city's west side for a place to build the school, which would require about 10 to 15 acres.

After final approval from the school board and state by this spring, the foundation hopes to begin operating the school next fall.

Copyright 2012 by WLWT.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENTS:
JasArriel Fields · Subscribe
so wait. You mean to tell me that if I go to jail or neglect my kid, they can get into a better school. WTH is WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
Reply · 1 · Like · Follow Post · 2 hours ago

---- Amanda Overbey · Top Commenter · Everything at Full Time Mommy! :)
    Yes, you pretty much have to abuse your children to get them a good education. Seems they would focus on making the school systems already in place better.
    Reply · Like · 44 minutes ago

Chris Peeks · Cincinnati State
Why not put it over where the old qubec school is that is being torn down that wont be rebuilt?
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 21 minutes ago