Author Topic: Parental Choice Over Legitimate Need  (Read 3518 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
Parental Choice Over Legitimate Need
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:31:51 PM »
Quote from: "Lon Woodbury"
What About the Parents?

In this worst-case scenario, parents would lose the options now provided from the parent-choice network, and in reality, would have almost no options in the matter of residential placement when needed for their own child. In this scenario, responsibility would be taken from parents and turned back to "professionals".

Lon describes this as a "worst-case scenario"?  Taking responsibility out of the hands of parents who want to "warehouse" their kids and Ed Cons motivated by profit like Sue Scheff (and Lon) sounds like a good start.  I guess the parents could still hire an industry-stooge "independent professional" to accommodate their wishes.

I'm familiar with one parent who angrily told an evaluation team at a hospital he didn't care if their diagnosis didn't show the need for residential treatment, he wanted an RTC and he was going to place his kid in one regardless of professional opinion because his family had the money to make it happen.

And he got his wish, despite a diagnosis stating there was no need for an RTC.  Within 1200 miles and two hours by air, his kid had gone from not requiring residential treatment following a twenty day evaluation to absolutely requiring it upon arrival at an RTC before any tests had been done.  Within a day, the RTC team had cooked up the usual ODD/Borderline Personality Traits and set up a year's worth of treatment for cash payments.  Easy money, and the RTC never bothered to look at the records from any previous treatment.

What About the Parents?

In general, the more options parents have to choose from, the better choices they are likely to make. This is part of what in this country we call freedom, that is, as some have stated in other issues, "Freedom is choice!"

What about the kids' right to freedom and choice?  A little due process, an outsider to evaluate the parental choices being made about their lives?  Woodbury believes the ability to pay gains "more options".  There are many stories of parents "using" the industry for their own selfish needs, to protect themselves from criminal charges of abuse, etc., and plenty of Ed Cons profiting from offering options and enabling parents to make "choices" that benefit the parent to the detriment of the child.

"What about the parents?" is a good question.  Woodbury's answer is illogical, profit motivated, typical industry spin.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Parental Choice Over Legitimate Need
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 11:42:53 PM »
ZenAgent is a moderator at fornits which means he can see your IP address. He doesn't like program survivors and threatens them using the information he gets through his moderator powers and by lying to people. He posted the names of a program survivor and her husband. When asked why, he says he posted it because TheWho asked him for it, adding that he could have included more of her information, including arrest record.

What kind of person pays to look up an arrest record of a program survivor on a program survivor message board, and threatens to release it publicly? ZenAgent is nothing but bad news, if you ask me. 

Quote from: "ZenAgent"
Again, notice the blanks...I could have added last name, address, phone number, arrest record... I left all that blank, too. 

Once again:  who asked for it, I gave it.  Weasel!

This is what ZenAgent says about a program survivor who spent 4 years in programs, who posts on a program survivor board talking about their experience.

PMS girll is a vile, pitiless beast, but if she's confronted for gross bitchery, she whines about being a program survivor.  I've never known the goblin girl to do anything more than spew negativity and take cheap shots.

No wonder so few survivors post here anymore, with moderators like this guy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 11:51:53 PM »
No one's buying troll shit. 

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 11:58:04 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
ZenAgent is nothing but bad news, if you ask me. 

No one did.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 11:58:50 PM »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 11:59:22 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
ZenAgent is a moderator at fornits which means he can see your IP address. He doesn't like program survivors and threatens them using the information he gets through his moderator powers and by lying to people. He posted the names of a program survivor and her husband. When asked why, he says he posted it because TheWho asked him for it, adding that he could have included more of her information, including arrest record.

What kind of person pays to look up an arrest record of a program survivor on a program survivor message board, and threatens to release it publicly? ZenAgent is nothing but bad news, if you ask me. 

Again, notice the blanks...I could have added last name, address, phone number, arrest record... I left all that blank, too. 

Once again:  who asked for it, I gave it.  Weasel!

This is what ZenAgent says about a program survivor who spent 4 years in programs, who posts on a program survivor board talking about their experience.

PMS girll is a vile, pitiless beast, but if she's confronted for gross bitchery, she whines about being a program survivor.  I've never known the goblin girl to do anything more than spew negativity and take cheap shots.

No wonder so few survivors post here anymore, with moderators like this guy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 12:02:11 AM »
I saw zen post it but really its getting old cant we move on to another subject. I agree he shouldnt be a moderator because of that though..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 12:05:05 AM »
Quote from: "anon2"
I saw zen post it but really its getting old cant we move on to another subject. I agree he shouldnt be a moderator because of that though..

I SMELL YOU, TROLL.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 12:15:09 AM »
Quote from: "NOSE"
Quote from: "anon2"

I SMELL YOU, TROLL.

:D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 12:27:23 AM »
Calling someone a troll on fornits, how original. ::)  Get a life losers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 01:01:35 AM »
Quote from: "deen"
Calling someone a troll on fornits, how original. ::)  Get a life losers.

Trolling Fornits, how original. 

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 01:02:10 AM »
What About the Parents?

In this worst-case scenario, parents would lose the options now provided from the parent-choice network, and in reality, would have almost no options in the matter of residential placement when needed for their own child. In this scenario, responsibility would be taken from parents and turned back to "professionals".

Lon describes this as a "worst-case scenario"?  Taking responsibility out of the hands of parents who want to "warehouse" their kids and Ed Cons motivated by profit like Sue Scheff (and Lon) sounds like a good start.  I guess the parents could still hire an industry-stooge "independent professional" to accommodate their wishes.

I'm familiar with one parent who angrily told an evaluation team at a hospital he didn't care if their diagnosis didn't show the need for residential treatment, he wanted an RTC and he was going to place his kid in one regardless of professional opinion because his family had the money to make it happen.

And he got his wish, despite a diagnosis stating there was no need for an RTC.  Within 1200 miles and two hours by air, his kid had gone from not requiring residential treatment following a twenty day evaluation to absolutely requiring it upon arrival at an RTC before any tests had been done.  Within a day, the RTC team had cooked up the usual ODD/Borderline Personality Traits and set up a year's worth of treatment for cash payments.  Easy money, and the RTC never bothered to look at the records from any previous treatment.

What About the Parents?

In general, the more options parents have to choose from, the better choices they are likely to make. This is part of what in this country we call freedom, that is, as some have stated in other issues, "Freedom is choice!"

What about the kids' right to freedom and choice?  A little due process, an outsider to evaluate the parental choices being made about their lives?  Woodbury believes the ability to pay gains "more options".  There are many stories of parents "using" the industry for their own selfish needs, to protect themselves from criminal charges of abuse, etc., and plenty of Ed Cons profiting from offering options and enabling parents to make "choices" that benefit the parent to the detriment of the child.

"What about the parents?" is a good question.  Woodbury's answer is illogical, profit motivated, typical industry spin.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 10:07:09 AM »
Quote from: "TROLL"
Trolling Fornits, how original. 

:D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 05:53:22 PM »
Kevin,

You again prove that you remain in the anal stage of psychosocial development, wanting to shit on others in your toddler-like temper tantrums. I admit the first paragraph was all I read; it was enough almost to make me vomit.

Take a good look in the mirror. You are the mirror image of infantile pro-program fanatics. And just like them, you think you're clever.

Well, keep up the mental masturbation. Your violent fantasies and flippant attacks on others clearly get you off in one sense or another. In fact even I sometimes look forward to opening up your latest screed to marvel at its astounding rottenness - in such small doses as I can tolerate. It piques that area of my mind that would be fascinated by witnessing a train wreck, or that causes me to glance aside when there is an accident along the highway, wondering if any injured or dead bodies are visible.

You've given this section of your mind free rein to permeate the rest of your thinking. So be it. At least you have a kind of courage: a boldness to allow yourself, probably against your better judgment, to be taken over by impulses that other people are socialized well enough to repress.

But it's a Faustian bargain. I can't help but imagine that behind your immature proclivity to shock others and act cool, you're miserable in all your vileness.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 06:20:38 PM »
^
}
}

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA