Author Topic: I smoke pot regularly.  (Read 4816 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: I smoke pot regularly.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 01:09:37 PM »
Quote from: "poor anne"
If you are on the internet bragging about your drug and alcohol use to strangers then you have a problem.

Really?  Wow.  Please call the CDC and the NIH and inform them of your fantastic new diagnostic technique.  I"m sure they'd be impressed.

It's not my fault you are still an addict all these years later, maybe you should of taken treatment more seriously when you had it.

The 'treatment' I had for a non-existent problem damn near killed me.  No thanks.

Do you even have health insurance, or are you to poor to get treatment now? I'd be bitter if I couldn't get treatment too.

You're just grasping at straws now.  That tends to happen when you can't make your point.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 01:12:15 PM »
Anne, you have been making my point for me with your every post!!! You are on the internet bragging about how you smoke drugs and drink alcohol. You are defending it like me being sober is so offensive to you, that you can't handle it. You are worse than mormons who come knocking on your door!! Why are you filled with so much hostility Anne??

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 01:17:20 PM »
Quote from: "point made"
Anne, you have been making my point for me with your every post!!! You are on the internet bragging about how you smoke drugs and drink alcohol. You are defending it like me being sober is so offensive to you, that you can't handle it. You are worse than mormons who come knocking on your door!! Why are you filled with so much hostility Anne??

Really?  This was my first post in this thread.....

Quote from: normal on Today at 11:26:19 AM
I have fun sober like normal people do!

So are you saying that anyone who drinks is NOT normal?  Somebody inform Budweiser.

Again darlin'.  READING FOR COMPREHENSION!!!!

I don't have a problem with people being sober.  I do have a problem with people ASSUMING that anyone who uses isn't normal.  I do have a problem with anonymous assholes attempting to 'diagnose' someone over the internet.  I do have a problem with people who try and force their view of morality on others.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 01:20:48 PM »
Well then you should have a problem with yourself then, because that is exactly what you are trying to do. Normal is a medical definition because our bodies are normally sober, unless we add chemicals to them then we are abnormal. That is a fact and just because you are offended by the word normal doesn't give you the right to tell me how to live my life. I never claimed to diagnose anyone but if you are on here bragging about it everyone you probably have got a problem with it. What would you think if your own kids were bragging about getting high and drunk on the internet, wouldn't you be concerned? Of course you would unless you are a dead beat parent!!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 01:29:05 PM »
Quote from: "soberlicious"
Well then you should have a problem with yourself then, because that is exactly what you are trying to do. Normal is a medical definition because our bodies are normally sober, unless we add chemicals to them then we are abnormal. That is a fact and just because you are offended by the word normal doesn't give you the right to tell me how to live my life.

Where and when did I do that?

I never claimed to diagnose anyone but if you are on here bragging about it everyone you probably have got a problem with it.

Yep.  couldn't be that we're here joking around or passing time, could it?  Nope.  We're ALL addicts.  Buncha damn druggies.  Sheesh, you sound like Miller Newton now.

What would you think if your own kids were bragging about getting high and drunk on the internet, wouldn't you be concerned?

They did and I was.  Until I took into consideration the context and actually TALKED with them and addressed my concerns.

[/quote]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 01:41:06 PM »
I have a question for you Bonney, do you know what DENIAL means?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 01:42:47 PM »
Quote from: "da nile"
I have a question for you Bonney, do you know what DENIAL means?

Your definition or the true one?  According to you anyone who doesn't agree with someone who tells them that they have a problem is in denial.  Me?  I'd rather wait for a proper medical diagnosis before I start throwing terms like 'dependence' and 'addiction' around.  THEN we can start talking about denial.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »
When you develop a blood test for alcoholism or drug addiction be sure to give me a ring. Until then we will have to do it the old fashion way.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »
Quote from: "round we go"
When you develop a blood test for alcoholism or drug addiction be sure to give me a ring. Until then we will have to do it the old fashion way.

See?  You DID get it!  Finally!

There is no test.  It's all subjective.  THAT was my point.  Thanks for making it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »
You just showed how callous you really are!! There is no test for a lot of medical diseases. Blood test for schizephrenia? No, they diagnose it the exact same way as alcoholism and addiction. If it were up to you that disease would be banished from medicine, and the victims forced to be insane on the street instead of getting help and medication. But I know you are only against these things in principle, since you are only here for laughs. Let me give you something to laugh about Bonney, thousands of people died of drug overdoses and alcohol poisoning this year. Hardy, har, har!!!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 02:05:04 PM »
Quote from: "no tests"
If it were up to you that disease would be banished from medicine, and the victims forced to be insane on the street instead of getting help and medication.

ASSUMPTIONS!  That's not what I said, at all.  Way to totally miss the boat there, genius.

But I know you are only against these things in principle,

I'm not against them.  I'm against them being FORCED onto unsuspecting kids.

since you are only here for laughs.

Well, that's only one reason.

Let me give you something to laugh about Bonney, thousands of people died of drug overdoses and alcohol poisoning this year. Hardy, har, har!!!

Thousands of people also died of heart attacks.  Should we round up all the people who go to McDonald's?  Should we round up all the smokers?  How 'bout the lazy asses who don't exercise?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 02:09:20 PM »
According to you if I walk into my doctors office and I eat too much mdonalds and am fat, that he won't diagnose me because he can't test for it. Even though it's obvious by just looking at me and talking to me he knows I'm fat, but since no definite diagnosis can be had let's let the fat man die, right Stalin Bonney??? Since you abused the system and went into treatment when you shouldnt have, you think everyone else is as stupid as you!!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 02:11:13 PM »
Quote from: "annes compassion"
According to you if I walk into my doctors office and I eat too much mdonalds and am fat, that he won't diagnose me because he can't test for it. Even though it's obvious by just looking at me and talking to me he knows I'm fat, but since no definite diagnosis can be had let's let the fat man die, right Stalin Bonney??? Since you abused the system and went into treatment when you shouldnt have, you think everyone else is as stupid as you!!

Wow.  You really are delusional, aren't you?  That's not even remotely what I was talking about.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 02:12:15 PM »
Quote from: "annes compassion"
Since you abused the system and went into treatment when you shouldnt have, you think everyone else is as stupid as you!!

I "went" into treatment?????  No dear.  I was FORCED into UNNECESSARY treatment abuse.

FTFM 

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
I can help you, Druggie.....
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »
Well, well, if it isn't one of my former subjects, now obviously in the grip of what must truly be a LIFE THREATENING case of Chemical Dependency (see my magnum opus, "Gone Way Down--Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease" for more insight into this problem).

Anne, you obviously have had your judgement clouded by the drugs and alcohol you have used, even if you are NOT "on them" now.  Your hostility toward the sober-minded, decent, and Straight-thining individuals here, (who only have your Best Interests in mind, by the way) is an indication of the seriousness of your problem.  You are, as we say in the business, IN DENIAL.  Only through rigorous application of the Seven Steps that I so graciously shared with you, or perhaps even the less-effective (yet better than nothing) 12-Steps of AA or NA can you arrest the development of this inevitably fatal affliction, one that you seem to have wholeheartedly embraced, to your detriment.  Get help while you still can!

Love ya!
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease