Author Topic: Carolina Springs fire?  (Read 5055 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
lol
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2008, 12:42:34 PM »
When you visualize TheWho's graph as the average quality of facilities marketed as programs, including all NATSAP members and everything marketed as a TBS/RTC, putting Tranquility Bay on the left, CCM on the right, ASR in the middle, and a reasonable standard of therapeutic care about eight standard deviations to the right, you begin to understand the true scope of the problem.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
back on topic
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2008, 12:55:41 PM »
http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:Ys ... d=13&gl=us

I found this on Heal, just in case no one saw it.
TEEN LIBERTY/TEEN TORTURE INDUSTRY NEWS

Fire destroys dorm at school for troubled teens--June 26th, 2008--

ABBEVILLE, S.C. --Authorities say fire destroyed a dorm at a boarding school for troubled teens in Abbeville County, but no one was injured in the blaze. Carolina Springs Academy Director Elaine Davis says several students returning to the dorm after lunch Wednesday smelled smoke.  Fire officials say the blaze burned for more than two hours and destroyed the dorm at the school which specializes in helping students that aren't reaching their potential because of their behavior.  The school has moved the boys to another dorm on campus. The Red Cross plans to give them bedding, clothes and school supplies.  (Webmaster Note: Carolina Springs Academy is a WWASPS program and confirmedly abusive.  It should be closed, permanently.)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Re: Carolina Springs fire?
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »

There I filled it in and fixed it for everyone.

;D
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Dormitory struck by fire at school in Due West
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2010, 09:03:36 PM »
Here's an old article that I just happened to come across, and which rightfully belongs in this thread...

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Dormitory struck by fire at school in Due West

Craig Stanley · Anderson Independent Mail
Posted June 25, 2008 at 10:57 p.m.

DUE WEST — A fire destroyed a dormitory at a boarding school in Abbeville County, school officials said Wednesday.

The blaze at Carolina Springs Academy in Due West was noticed by students after lunchtime, shortly before 1 p.m. Wednesday, said Tracy Alberson, medical coordinator for the school.

The fire is reported to have completely leveled the entire one story building.

The dormitory housed 57 boys, all of whom were safe from the fire, officials said.

"We did a head count and notified all of the parents about the situation," Alberson said.

Alberson said the boys are being housed in another dormitory on the school's campus.

"The boys are a little devastated. They just lost everything they had," Alberson said. "But we have people that are donating, and local churches. The Red Cross has been helping out tremendously."

Alberson said she believes the fire began in the attic of the building.

Fire officials still were on the scene as of 5:30 p.m. Wednesday trying to determine the cause of the fire.

Abbeville County Fire Department officials could not immediately be reached for comment Wednesday.

© 2008 Anderson Independent Mail.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2010, 01:32:25 AM »
Here's a pic of this fire, originally posted in the '2nd try as Magnolia Christian School (Carolina Springs)' thread. Carolina Springs Academy is currently in the process of re-inventing itself as Magnolia Christian School.

In 2008 a dormitory at Carolina Springs Academy was destroyed in a fire.
Photo: Chuck Bagwell

2010 The E.W. Scripps Co.

Offline MyClothing

• View Profile
    • http://www.myedhardyclothing.com/
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2011, 10:37:34 PM »
Sympathetic, but also help the community feel the warmth

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2011, 11:36:38 PM »
And a great photo of an underpaid ,undertrained volunteer fireman.......doin it wrong. Hey rocket engineer...which way is the wind blowing? O yeah your signal 5 is fucked.   Wow. ::OMG::
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad