Author Topic: Betty "i'm a whore" Sembler is honored by the DEA  (Read 1354 times)

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Betty "i'm a whore" Sembler is honored by the DEA
« on: March 06, 2008, 12:42:08 PM »
yes i posted this on the straight forum already. but for those that don't read that...
The DEA Museum Foundation is honoring Mrs. Betty Sembler today with its 2008 Lifetime Achievement Award in Washington, DC in recognition of her thirty years of leadership and commitment to fighting drug abuse and drug addiction through her international support of law enforcement, treatment and education/prevention efforts.

Mrs. Sembler actively participated in the White House Conference for a Drug Free America, the Governor’s Drug Policy Task Force in Florida and helped establish nonprofit drug treatment programs across the U.S. She is the founder and president of Drug Free America Foundation and Save Our Society From Drugs (S.O.S.). She is currently the vice-chairperson of D.A.R.E. International and serves on the Florida National Guard Multijurisdictional Counterdrug Training Advisory Board. Accompanying her husband on his missions to Australia and Italy as United States Ambassador, she has constantly stood for sound drug policy and a drug free lifestyle for over thirty years.

The DEA Museum Foundation is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the mission of the DEA Museum and Visitors Center in Arlington, VA. This public/private partnership serves to educate the American public on the long, complex and tragic history of drugs in America, and on the many costs and consequences of drug use on our society.
http://www.deamuseum.org/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Betty "i'm a whore" Sembler is honored by the DEA
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »

Yanno, this is just disgusting.   I'd love to flood the DEA or press somehow from a ton of survivors detailing her "work" and just how "wonderful" she is. 

traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 01:50:08 PM »
I agree - totally disgusting.  Wonder if the media will google her name and at least read some of the info about the Sembler's and why not everyone in America (hell a damn generation of youth) neither admires nor respects these people.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 01:56:39 PM »
Hopefully they will get that message and agree with it enough to expose it for what it is.

Too bad there wasn't a protest down there today... *blows pot smoke in their general direction*

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 02:16:03 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
*blows pot smoke in their general direction*

Heh, I just did that too.  In the same direction.  For the same reason.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »
Can we do something about this? Can I? Please tell me, I'll do it!!!