Author Topic: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.  (Read 37329 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.
« Reply #210 on: February 29, 2008, 11:48:24 AM »
Quote from: "OH WEHT"
Well, it appears the reason I have not been able to log-in (The last day or so) was that I was in the process of being Banned.  Got this message this morning.  So I am using someone elses computer.

.....you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Commercial Spamming, intentional disruption of the forum

so I guess "Free speech ala fornits"  will be rewritten in favor of anti-program posts and propaganda....there is a new sheriff (and Deputies) in town, careful what you post everyone.

THEWHO...

Wow...you don't get it, boy...You're a billboard for an entire industry, and even by your standards, that includes the abusive ones.  You won't name the "good" ones...you won't name the "bad".  You're doing referral binnis off this forum, and that's no good, no good at all.  This is a referral free zone, boy.  The "sherif"f is putting an end to your advertising, and I hear no voices in the wilderness crying out in despair.  You're a liar and a pig, and all you contribute is disruption and advertising for your company's interests.  Free speech is one thing...Your speech is paid.  Now beat it, boy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2008, 11:57:33 AM »
Quote from: "Up the Wahoo"
Well, it appears the reason I have not been able to log-in (The last day or so) was that I was in the process of being Banned.  Got this message this morning.  So I am using someone elses computer.

.....you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Commercial Spamming, intentional disruption of the forum

so I guess "Free speech ala fornits"  will be rewritten in favor of anti-program posts and propaganda....there is a new sheriff (and Deputies) in town, careful what you post everyone.

THEWHO...

Wow...you don't get it, boy...You're a billboard for an entire industry, and even by your standards, that includes the abusive ones.  You won't name the "good" ones...you won't name the "bad".  You're doing referral binnis off this forum, and that's no good, no good at all.  This is a referral free zone, boy.  The "sherif"f is putting an end to your advertising, and I hear no voices in the wilderness crying out in despair.  You're a liar and a pig, and all you contribute is disruption and advertising for your company's interests.  Free speech is one thing...Your speech is paid.  Now beat it, boy.

Yup.  Commercial activity.  He's using the forum to manually spam and generate business... and spamming isn't allowed.  That's not even to mention his intentional disruption of the forum.  If people attempt ignore him, he logs out and posts as a guest so he can irritate others.

Free speech is one thing.  Plugging your fingers in your ears and screaming LALALALALALALALALA at the top of your lungs to disrupt conversations, spread propoganda, and advertise for Aspen is entierly another.  Good bye Whooter.  Dont' expect a single tear to be shed here.

A little while back, whooter sent me an email saying that "scouts honor" he would leave of his own volition if Ginger asked him to leave.  Well.  Enough pushing and that finally happened.  No surprise, he has no honor, and continued to post and post and post.  So... he was held accountable.

Ha,ha,ha.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 29, 2008, 12:06:30 PM »
Boo-YAH!

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, who...It tolls for thee, chumpy.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 29, 2008, 01:01:55 PM »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 29, 2008, 01:11:43 PM »
What are we going to do now that we don't have Whootie to argue with??

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 29, 2008, 01:13:01 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"

I dunno......wanna go sailing?

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 29, 2008, 01:18:46 PM »
Sure, just swing by the Chesapeake bay and I'll swim out to the boat! :D

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 29, 2008, 01:24:31 PM »
Np, see ya in a few days.

:D

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #218 on: February 29, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »
There will be a celebratory orgy at the Gold Rush tonight, across from the Exit/In...first 100 through the door get complimentary apple martini-flavored lube! 
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #219 on: February 29, 2008, 01:51:30 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Get down to the business of ending these cults.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 29, 2008, 01:53:44 PM »
What have we been doing these last 6 years or so?

Offline The Fornits

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 29, 2008, 02:38:53 PM »
Rampant talkin' out in Group. And it seems to be having an effect.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 29, 2008, 02:57:57 PM »
All things considered I don't think banning a "mindset" (which is what Who is/was) will do anything except appease a small select group of posters who in spite of their good intentions managed to dupe themselves into believing this is somehow good for kids and parents. 

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 29, 2008, 03:00:20 PM »
I ain't even weighing in on whether or not it should be done.  The decision has been made.  I just thought it was funny how he got called out as anon.  And it didn't take looking at no damn IP to ID the moron either.

Offline The Fornits

• View Profile
Re: Bury This Carcass, 2. "A New Day" (Sorry, my computer won't let me post on o
« Reply #224 on: February 29, 2008, 03:04:43 PM »
I think I'll answer this. Should clarify my thinking and 'institutional history' on these questions. Feel free to chime in but let's not get too hung up on this.

Most importantly, it’s a revelation to me that moderating powers are so circumscribed. Knowing they are is comforting.
There should be a sticky explaining what moderators and administrators have the power to do, and not do.

No, I think I'll leave it to the reader to decide how much they want to know about the forum software and how much of their time and energy they want to spend learning it. SMF has very good documentation and support. If you have concerns about the back-end workings of the fora, take advantage of that. these forums are mostly about the troubled parent industry, thought reform and such like topics.

This has always been a big point with me.  There should be some expectations as users (customers) on how our posts will be handled and/or what the rules are.

Again, let the buyer be as wary as they feel the need to be. I'm not yo mama.

1.   Private Messages carry an implied security that the posts will not end up on the open forum.  This has been proven not to be true over and over again and was violated again today when a survivors personal information was reposted on the open forum by a fornits moderator because she didn’t agree with him.

See above, the privacy of your pms is only as good as the integrity of the person to whom you send them.

2.   If you have a user name and cannot log in is it okay to post as a guest?  Apparently not.  I have been harassed all day because of this.  I indicated that the moderator (psy) could tag my posts if he liked, but I was asked to leave the forum if I wasn’t logged in.

It's ok with me. It may annoy others. They're as free to be annoyed and to express it as you are to do it. Have lots of good fun!

I think there should be a set of rules for admins to follow and what we can expect as users of the fornits forum.  There are many that do not want to post because they are not sure if they can speak openly and/or afraid to rock the boat with their opinions with fear their personal information will be exposed here.

Vote with your feet. I miss that li'll 'Boycott Fornits" smily guy. And please, people, don't give sensitive private information to strangers. What do I look like, yo mama?

Maybe a list of rules or assurances as we enter the individual forums would help, i.e. what are the admins and mods allowed or not allowed to do.... what personal information to they have access to.... can all admins and mods read the personal messages?......  Can they review these messages and make this information public if they like.

Again, do your own homework, make your own assessments, watch your own back yard and I mine. If you feel strongly that things should be done in the way you describe, well then by all means take some of the ample time you'll have on your hands now that you're not posting to Fornits to run your own damned forum.