Author Topic: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.  (Read 37387 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2008, 02:45:05 PM »
Quote from: "YUSEF"
  Ban theWho,

How?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2008, 02:59:01 PM »
the who posting is like having an advertising banner for Aspen.  He claims people email him for info on programs.  Ban him.

I have sat here and watched people, under the guise of well intended posters, telling parents, who were here looking for advice, that there was no help available for their child and that all programs were abusive.  No one interceded and offered to guide the parents or give them advice nor was it suggested, by anyone, that the poster should be banned. 
I know you like to have your fun spouting that the whole industry is evil, but at the end of the day there are kids who may miss out on getting help because of your ignorance and child play.
So giving balanced advice to parents who email me and attempting to help some of these families is a huge step up from doing nothing or steering a family into harm’s way.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2008, 03:05:10 PM »
the who posting is like having an advertising banner for Aspen.  He claims people email him for info on programs.  Ban him.
The best I could do is change his usergroup to "Aspen's Goebbels".  This is an unmoderated forum, for better or worse.  Take it up with Ginger, but believe me, i've tried.  IMO, The Who's idea of free speech is jamming his fingers in his ears and screaming "LALALALALLALALAA" at the top of his lungs so others can't speak effectively or are forced to tell him to STFU.  Thank god for the ignore button.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2008, 03:10:47 PM »
Banning The Who is a stupid knee jerk reaction.  Hell, what about the lunatics pretending to be freedom fighters who easily slip under the radar?  There is enough feedback on The Who to enlighten people.  It's the phony anti-industry trolls that bother me.  The ones who pretend to be part of the solution, not the problem.  Shine a light on these cockroaches and they run for cover usually by way of changing their name or taking a convenient "time out" to obfuscate their true mission which is to fuck with Fornits for shits and grins.  Why do you people fear someone like the Who? The pesky troll is out in the open not hiding behind some phony alliance with survivors who individually and as a whole are the true force behind Fornits.

The Who is not the enemy.  It's subversion of free speech in any way, shape or form.

Think about it.  The chaos of late would not exist if not for irrational accusations and fear mongering.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2008, 03:21:24 PM »
Quote from: "guest"
Banning The Who is a stupid knee jerk reaction.  Hell, what about the lunatics pretending to be freedom fighters who easily slip under the radar?  There is enough feedback on The Who to enlighten people.  It's the phony anti-industry trolls that bother me.  The ones who pretend to be part of the solution, not the problem.  Shine a light on these cockroaches and they run for cover usually by way of changing their name or taking a convenient "time out" to obfuscate their true mission which is to fuck with Fornits for shits and grins.  Why do you people fear someone like the Who? The pesky troll is out in the open not hiding behind some phony alliance with survivors who individually and as a whole are the true force behind Fornits.

The Who is not the enemy.  It's subversion of free speech in any way, shape or form.

Think about it.  The chaos of late would not exist if not for irrational accusations and fear mongering.

Ha, ha, ha.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2008, 03:22:02 PM »
Ultimately... it's not my decision. I just work here.

gnight!
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2008, 03:23:34 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
The best I could do is change his usergroup to "Aspen's Goebbels".  This is an unmoderated forum, for better or worse.  Take it up with Ginger, but believe me, i've tried.  IMO, The Who's idea of free speech is jamming his fingers in his ears and screaming "LALALALALLALALAA" at the top of his lungs so others can't speak effectively or are forced to tell him to STFU.  Thank god for the ignore button.

The ignore button is a very effective tool for this and the flame wars have subsided greatly since it implementation a month ago.  For those who don’t have a log in name I suggest getting one and then you can choose who to listen to and if someone speaks outside of the group think you can press the button and you don’t  have to hear their chatter anymore.  For others 99% of all my posts are contained to one forum so its not as if my opinions are widespread.

Unless someone is purposely trying to disrupt conversations, spam or block free speech I don’t see a reason to ban anyone personally.

As far as the "Aspen's Goebbels", I sort of like it in an odd sort of way.  I have received more emails from parents asking me why I choose to put that on my name and it gives me the chance to tell my "scarlet letter" story, so it is a nice "ice breaker" of sorts for conversation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2008, 03:29:41 PM »
I have sat here and watched people, under the guise of well intended posters, telling parents, who were here looking for advice, that there was no help available for their child and that all programs were abusive.

Because all TBS/RTC type programs that use LGATs or the like, ARE abusive.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2008, 03:33:42 PM »
The Who: Pompous ass troll WHO actually believes his own hype.

Look, if parents are stupid enough to buy into the Who they will pay the price in more ways than one.

Meanwhile, we will pray for their children to survive the worst possible decision their parents could have ever made which is to abandon their defenseless children to the care of an unregulated, dangerously out-of-control industry and continue to warn other parents to beware of wolves in sheep's clothing.  Educating parents is the best defense against this evil industry and it's shills.

Pay no mind to The Who and you render him impotent and invisible.  Focus on the message, not the messenger.

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2008, 03:42:42 PM »
Quote from: "Hooter"
I have sat here and watched people, under the guise of well intended posters, telling parents, who were here looking for advice, that there was no help available for their child and that all programs were abusive.

Because all TBS/RTC type programs that use LGATs or the like, ARE abusive.

Thank you for posting this, I was looking for an example of a closed minded non-thinker.....

This is the exact mentality many of us have to live with here on fornits... all TBS's are the same... they are all abusive... 25,000 children are abused every year and nobody knows about it, in 30 years not one child has ever been helped. 

We all have to listen to this crap yet people think I should be banned, go figure.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2008, 04:01:22 PM »
It's not a question of whether kids have been helped or not.

Just surviving a program is a miracle, in and of itself.

Kids have died in these programs and no one is held accountable.

That's what this is about.

Parents beware.  Don't give up on your kids by sending them away to be "fixed".

That is the biggest myth of all and the most dangerous.

I know.  

I lived it.

And so did my parents who will always carry the burden of how they almost killed me trying to "help me".

I saved myself the day I resolved not to let the program break me.

I am a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
Quote from: "TheWho"

Thank you for posting this, I was looking for an example of a closed minded non-thinker.....

Nice.  No wonder you're viewed as a fuckin' disease, ad-monger.  Name your non-abusive programs, or shut the hell up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2008, 08:09:03 PM »
just catching up on past posts. And not sure of current conflict .

but to any parents of TSB students reading this: Fornits was the reason I went along with my child' decison on leaving their TBS school. It was an excellent decision after making a horrendous decision to get educational consultants involved.

I can emal anyone privately with my daughter's story. But just knowing this site existed and the support provided allowed us as a family to realize that we were being bamboozled and our daughter being brainwashed.

She is doing very well.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »
Quote from: "guest"
Banning The Who is a stupid knee jerk reaction.  Hell, what about the lunatics pretending to be freedom fighters who easily slip under the radar?  There is enough feedback on The Who to enlighten people.  It's the phony anti-industry trolls that bother me.  The ones who pretend to be part of the solution, not the problem.  Shine a light on these cockroaches and they run for cover usually by way of changing their name or taking a convenient "time out" to obfuscate their true mission which is to fuck with Fornits for shits and grins.  Why do you people fear someone like the Who? The pesky troll is out in the open not hiding behind some phony alliance with survivors who individually and as a whole are the true force behind Fornits.

The Who is not the enemy.  It's subversion of free speech in any way, shape or form.

Think about it.  The chaos of late would not exist if not for irrational accusations and fear mongering.

Oh come on now.. I've never once slipped under the radar. I don't know how you can miss someone like me. Don't be afraid to say my name. I don't mind, I've had my detractors every since I started posting here.

It's all good j. I won't bite.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2008, 04:05:08 PM »
Quote from: "anononon"
Get rid of the psychotic, ego maniac, self-loathing poster with the multiple aliases and Fornits won't be such a toxic wasteland.

Gee now, which one would that be? There are a number of them, fer sure, and there always have been...   ;D ;D
-------------- • -------------- • --------------