Author Topic: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.  (Read 37260 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 11:55:31 AM »
You haven't been around the block till you've sailed with Barret's Privateers. Look at me! I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: nonsense
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 11:57:58 AM »
Quote from: "School kid shit"
Quote from: "Guest"
Fornits is moving closer to the policies of CAFETY with every day Michael is allowed to hold the reigns of power over this forum. If posters do not start demanding their complete freedom of speech that made this website what it was, it will eventually be gone. If you do not fit in with Michael's agenda to "fuck up programs" (from his own misguided perspective) -- if you disrupt what he deems serious conversations -- you will be silenced, threatened with police action and bullied of the forum. Don't say you weren't warned.

SOMEBODY GOT A PERSONAL AGENDA!

Yes I have an agenda. When you are silenced and banned for no reason at all, simply because Michael does not like what you say, and wants to intimidate you for his own entertainment by threatening police action -- then you might take it personally as well? Michael is bad for this forum, bad for free speech, and drunk on his own power (or maybe has nothing better to do).

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 11:58:28 AM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Fornits is moving closer to the policies of CAFETY with every day Michael is allowed to hold the reigns of power over this forum. If posters do not start demanding their complete freedom of speech that made this website what it was, it will eventually be gone. If you do not fit in with Michael's agenda to "fuck up programs" (from his own misguided perspective) -- if you disrupt what he deems serious conversations -- you will be silenced, threatened with police action and bullied of the forum. Don't say you weren't warned.

Have patience, sometimes it takes time to iron out the kinks; I remember what you are talking about. Mike was just trying to do the right thing, I guess. The fact that you're still here discussing it says something (he has yet banned you?).

And so I'm a 'lifer' so what? What does that make you? You've probably been 'around the block' a few times yourself. :D
don't feed the trolls...  Ginger keeps an eye on me anyway, and I ask her before I do practically anything unless it's urgent and I can't get ahold of her.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2008, 12:00:22 PM »
The fact that you're still here discussing it says something (he has yet banned you?).

He can't. He tried.

Fornits cannot ban anyone because it's too easy to get around IP bans. This technical difficulty is the only thing keeping free speech alive, not Michael's good word.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 12:06:15 PM »
The fact that you're still here discussing it says something (he has yet banned you?).

He can't. He tried.

Fornits cannot ban anyone because it's too easy to get around IP bans. This technical difficulty is the only thing keeping free speech alive, not Michael's good word.
You made death threats on a moderated shoutbox.  There was an issue of legal liability and i had to make a snap decision.  Deal with it.  shit... even /b/ would ban you for that shit.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 12:06:49 PM »

Yes I have an agenda. When you are silenced and banned for no reason at all, simply because Michael does not like what you say, and wants to intimidate you for his own entertainment by threatening police action -- then you might take it personally as well? Michael is bad for this forum, bad for free speech, and drunk on his own power (or maybe has nothing better to do).

Cite specific examples. If they are legit I'll get ahold of ginger myself and argue your case.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Used car salesmen on steroids
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008, 12:06:49 PM »
When I was in college I lived for a time near the Boston Commons where I use to go to read and study sometimes on the nicer days.  On this one day I was approached by 3 people who started asking me questions about what I did, school I went to, courses I was taking, if I was dating etc. and they asked me if I would be interested in taking a personality test.  I initially said I was not interested until they showed me a sample of the results.  It was a nicely organized piece of colored graph paper with categories like, happiness, Stablity, aggressive etc…. I asked if I could keep a copy when I was done because I really liked the way the results looked and the kid said sure, they were really friendly… anyway I followed them for a couple of blocks (away from the Christian science park) to an office building and they had about 30 cubicles with people taking these tests.  I sat down and started answering questions and damn I must have been there for hours, but I stuck it out because I wanted a copy of the results and was a curious lad.. ..when I finished I sat in a room for another hour while they worked up the graph.. a guy came in and sat down and reviewed the graph with me and pointed out that I was strong in stability but scored very low in “certainty” ( I think was the category) and I realized they were doing this for some reason and expected them to try to sell me a book (which they did) and I declined because I was a poor college student… he came back to say I could have the book for free if I attended a weekend study group (don’t remember what they called it) with other people that scored low on “Certainty” and I declined and just asked for a copy of the graphed results (as I was promised and I was holding the original, which I folded and placed inside a text book I was carrying) and I was quickly told that I could not leave with the graph…  I explained that I was told it would be okay and that was the reason I took the test and I started for the Door and 3 people came and blocked the exit…..  I was told (in harmony)  that “no one would have told me that because it is not allowed”…. The looks on all their faces was scary in a strange way, no one speaks that way (under the age of 25, anyway, back then), hard to explain, they called me  “Sir” and I was younger than some of them and this was the 1970’s  very odd group… so fine, after it became obvious I wasn’t leaving on my terms, I gave them their graph back and left, but learned a lesson.  Over the years there I had come in contact with people who had similar strange experiences with scientologists.  I have to admit that they have some of the nicest buildings and property in Boston.  The one thing I did learned about them is that they are all liars and very strangely connected to one another, like used car salesmen on steroids is how I would describe them.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 12:17:29 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

He can't. He tried.

You made death threats on a moderated shoutbox.  There was an issue of legal liability and i had to make a snap decision.  Deal with it.  shit... even /b/ would ban you for that shit.

Fornits isn't /b/, and thank god for that. We've had a variety of threats made of all sorts all over this forum in the past. Ginger has never banned anyone for it. Why start now?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2008, 12:21:23 PM »
Quote from: "Staggers and Jags"

Cite specific examples. If they are legit I'll get ahold of ginger myself and argue your case.

Here is an example of when Psy attempts to out a poster known as Milk. Nowhere in these Guest's posts did they indicate they were the person known as Milk. Psy just assumed they were, and went ahead and made threats against the person you assumed it was. Psy would of known for sure but they were using a proxy. The only way to defend against Psy's threatening behavior at this point is to proxy up, apparently.

From Forum Open Free for All: Topic: psy threatens to call the cops on chatroom user
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "A voice from Nowhere"
Someone says "kids should take out staff then free themsleves from bondage" and psy threatens to call the cops? Something is wrong with that, has the policy on this board changed?

Go back to no admins if this kid wants to call the cops on stupid little things like this. I think they were right, you are a faggot for doing this Psy. I am really disappointed with your pro-LEO/Scheff-like activity.

Milk.  Please stop impersonating survivors whilst simultaneously spouting quotes from Anonymous.  You don't understand the psychology of what is going on here and come off sounding like a complete idiot.  Hate solves little but creating more hate.  Gunning down a program will only convince the world of what the programs are already trying to portray us as: a bunch of psychos.  It sounds great, and awfully romantic, nice to fantasize about (hey... i know parents who do), but ultimately counterproductive.  Why don't I say it's unethical?  Because you don't understand that concept.  To you, it's just a game and as you've said so aptly, hatred is "yummy".

Yes, anger has it's purpose, but it can't fuel you forever, you'll burn out.  It can consume you, control you.  Trust me on this.  You seem to thrive on it since it's all a game to you...  Well.  I'm not amused.  Impersonating survivors (badly) and suggesting acts of mass murder can solve a social problem like the TTI ... I don't find it very funny at all.  You might say "yay.. i caused that" when somebody follows your idiotic advice...  People are just funny little tools to you.  I seriously doubt you'd have the balls to grab a rifle and do the job yourself.

Go away, please, or I'll post that chat where you suggested that I was worthless, had no life, and should go massacre a program ("kill them all" are the exact words you used, so don't try and claim you didn't mean to "take them out" (to dinner) like you did earlier today.  As I've said, you made far too many mistakes.  I don't normally log chats, but I do when I feel somebody is potentially mentally unstable enough to go off the deep end (like you did today).  I still have quite a few aces up my sleeve, Milk, and i am in a position to decimate you if I wanted to (and that includes having you arrested).  Tor nodes can't save you from chat transcripts.  I don't want to do it, but if you don't stay the fuck off this site and stop impersonating survivors, I won't hesitate.  I only have so much pity.

Toodles!

As to the Shoutbox Incident:

Psy claims:

"One poster... and I had no legal choice.  I also didn't call the cops, nor did I have any intention of doing so."

My response:

Two posters. Psy threatened the shoutbox user who said kids "need to run away and not let staff get in their way", (have you not heard much worse by other posters?) and then this Milk person. Two different users you threatened with direct law enforcement action.

Guest said this in the shoutbox:

[Today at 04:36:00 PM] guest-6d53: kids should take out staff then free themsleves from bondage

[Today at 04:36:21 PM] guest-6d53: they should do what they need to do

This is what Psy said to them:

[Today at 04:40:44 PM] psy: Look.  If you're publicly promiting comitting violent acts, i'll have to check what my legal responsibilities are.  I might have to report this to the appropriate authorities.

[Today at 04:43:14 PM] psy: oh... I'm just saying that I might have to take that IP address, poster 6d53, and give it to the authorities... I doubt they'd interpret "rise up and take them out" as anything other than what you stated it to be.

Psy then  banned the person and someone else questioned why he did that, Psy claimed he did it because:

[Today at 03:50:01 PM]  psy: er...  I'll explain why I did it..
[Today at 03:50:19 PM]  psy: mostly it was to make the person piss in his or her pants about what they were stupid enough to type without a proxy
[Today at 03:50:25 PM]  psy: lol
[Today at 03:52:33 PM]  psy: yeah... and they can't read this since I banned em from reading and posting... so he/she is probably biting nails, wondering if the cops are comign.. lol
[Today at 03:53:13 PM]  psy: Oh.. i could have actually called the cops...  lol

This is what Psy said to poster #2 (who Psy thought was Milk) in a completely different conversation and context:

Quote from: "Psy"
As I've said, you made far too many mistakes.  I don't normally log chats, but I do when I feel somebody is potentially mentally unstable enough to go off the deep end (like you did today).  I still have quite a few aces up my sleeve, Milk, and i am in a position to decimate you if I wanted to (and that includes having you arrested).

Why is Psy in a position to "decimate" this person Milk? Does he keep logs and tabs on posters to use later in case they start to disagree with his agenda? Hmmm. Interesting thought, isn't it?

Other changes Psy has implemented include stickying topics he thinks are more important than traditional forum bumps would show. Moving forums around to stack his forums on top, even though they are slower and nobody posts in them. Using fornits for his agenda, and his personal war against Sue Scheff and Isabelle Zehnder without any care of the legal blow-back he causes. Heavily censoring the shoutbox. Removing guests ability to post in shoutbox. Deleting his own guest posts. Deleting other guests posts that question why posts are being deleted. Outing guests. Attempting to out usernames.Etc,etc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2008, 12:24:10 PM »
Full transcript of chat session here http://fornits.com/smf/index.php?topic=25073.0

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2008, 12:33:59 PM »
You want to get rid of the troubled teen industry?  How can you do that, when you can't even rid your forum of it?  Ban theWho, he's been proven to be a full-time troll for the industry.  Get your own house in order.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2008, 01:31:05 PM »
I'm afraid Fornits can never be restored to it's former and frankly more effective state of being.

It's not Mike's fault. He's just being used as a scapegoat by persons who apparently resent the active role he has taken in helping to keep Fornits up and running in the face of several attempts to take it down.   He and others have volunteered countless hours of their personal time to achieve this goal and should be thanked not demonized.

Second, to accuse Mike of having a personal agenda is disingenuous and typical of the "divide and conquer" mentality of a couple of first-class losers who would have you all believe they actually care about kids when in fact, they care more about feeding their sick, demented, need for attention and the perceived "power" of controlling Fornits.   This has been going on long before Fornits changed servers and formats.  The Who is a low-risk annoyance/distraction compared to the worm that has infected Fornits under the guise of activism.

To increase board participation and a sense of "trust" among members is an easy task - get rid of the special interest moderators and their groups.  They have their own websites and don't need to use Fornits as a tool to further their agenda.  If you choose to allow activist groups to have their own forum on Fornits which is something Fornits has never done (wisely, I might add) then the least you can do is make them pay big bucks for advertising and recruiting members to serve their agenda. 

The old Fornits worked well because it wasn't for sale to anyone so I don't know if the above solution is really the ideal solution but something needs to be done, IMO.  It's a stain on Fornits credibility.

Lastly, the forum on Scheff/PURE and CAICA has a place on Fornits.  Those who don't agree are naive.  Read Maia's opinion pience on Free Speech and Tough Love.  It is an excellent overview of the issue. 

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2008, 01:38:43 PM »
Second, to accuse Mike of having a personal agenda is disingenuous and typical of the "divide and conquer" mentality of a couple of first-class losers who would have you all believe they actually care about kids when in fact, they care more about feeding their sick, demented, need for attention and the perceived "power" of controlling Fornits.   This has been going on long before Fornits changed servers and formats.  The Who is a low-risk annoyance/distraction compared to the worm that has infected Fornits under the guise of activism.

Well said.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2008, 02:15:55 PM »
the who posting is like having an advertising banner for Aspen.  He claims people email him for info on programs.  Ban him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2008, 02:42:18 PM »

You've been banned?  Really?  For what and when did this happen?