Author Topic: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.  (Read 37253 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.
« on: February 25, 2008, 03:14:09 PM »
What did you think would happen by putting Michael in charge of your forum? That it would get better? Fornits is irrelevant to anyone with half a brain these days. No new posters for how long --that aren't fake? How many regulars stopped posting? Right. The rhetoric is sound, the implementation hypocritical to such a degree it could no longer be ignored by even the most forgiving of allies. You can't just blame Michael though, he was just the another nail in the coffin. Blame the one with the hammer. So what do you have left? The same small group of posters, the same old arguments, the same suspicions and paranoia-- which only seem to compound with time. New here? Run. Get far away, and don't get sucked into the vortex of self hatred that is fornits. Now be your usual selves, such is expected around here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I hate you, you stupid nebbish.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »
Your pain makes me hungry! I'm hungry for pain! Your death is mine motherfucker! Don't even try to escape! Because you're mine! You are all mine! You're all in my thoughts! I will peel you like a potato! I will take out your brains and throw them to my dogs! Oh shit, you're gonna die! I'm gonna peel off your toenails like they were... cupcakes! Like they were... twinkies! You're dead, motherfucker! My life is nothing but to kill you! Revenge is mine! My words make you wanna scream like a dead dog dying from anger-- and pain-- of a dead dog! Uhhhhhh... We're gonna kick some ass tonite, motherfucker! Life! Life is mine! I take you with me! I take you, I crumble you up, I wad you into a little ball! Death picks it's teeth with your head! Life! Life is mine! Yup! Revenge is mine! My war jacks off when it sees your revenge! My war is not alone! It's the only war! Anytime you get your ass down here, kick my ass, no problem! My life is better! Don't fuck with me whatsoever! Yup! Revenge is mine! I take it and I leave it! But this one, motherfucker, is mine! And you're not gettin' it! You're the one that's gonna pay this time, buddy! No prob!

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: bury this rotting carcass, it's starting to stink.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »
I Win!!!

:guesswho:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 03:58:56 PM by psy »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:01:40 PM »
Once you get done slinging fornits into the grave swing by my hotel and toss me into the hole also. While I don't qualify as completely dead I still find myself in the running for the "Death Warmed Over" award of 2008.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 11:27:57 PM »
I like Michael and everything he's written and filmed in recent years. But as someone who is now just an occasional passer-by, I have to ask "what happened to Fornits?" I haven't been around much lately, but it sure looks and sounds a lot more lame than in the old days.

Was it Sue-Sue and her threats, or the constant moving of hosting services, or did Ginger just get tired of all this or what?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 12:29:28 AM »
I agree distressed parent. I don't think it is fair to blame psy, but the constant moves and the fact that there are no new faces or diversity of discussion at all and barely any new information being put out there is disappointing. This is not the lively forum it once was. In the event that any new discussion or info goes up it just gets derailed because it turns into a fight between the who and a lot of regulars. No one has anything new to say.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 12:34:27 AM »
Get rid of the psychotic, ego maniac, self-loathing poster with the multiple aliases and Fornits won't be such a toxic wasteland.  (And no, I don't mean Michael (Psy). He's one of the good guys.   ;D

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 01:25:53 AM »
I agree..

the interface sucks. so does the new layout.

And for that matter fuck the shoutbox.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 02:04:41 AM »
Yeah, the shoutbox seems to function more as a human dumping ground than a communication tool.  Losing the shoutbox wouldn't bother me in the least.  Take it to Yahoo or AIM.

As for the format - I don't think it's that bad but would prefer Fornits to revert back to it's original lineup of forums if not the orginal format.

The petty infighting between certain moderators with self-serving agendas is the biggest problem Fornits has.  It's gotten really malicious and ugly.  These people know who they are and really ought to consider finding something else to do with their time other than play their stupid games and make a mockery out of the issues faced by survivors of residential treatment and therapeutic cult abuse.

Sifting through all the b.s. threads and inane posts to find anything of substance is a real pain in the ass but I think most of the regs realize that is the work of one or two sickos who would rather create chaos on this board and in other people's lives than face their own demons.

Overall, I think Mike and the others who have worked to keep Fornits online have done a very good job in the face of considerable adversity.  It would be nice if someone could update the fornits.com page (blog) to bring it current.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 02:09:49 AM »
Quote from: "My Two Cents"
Yeah, the shoutbox seems to function more as a human dumping ground than a communication tool.  Losing the shoutbox wouldn't bother me in the least.  Take it to Yahoo or AIM.

As for the format - I don't think it's that bad but would prefer Fornits to revert back to it's original lineup of forums if not the orginal format.

The petty infighting between certain mods/posters/trolls with self-serving agendas is the biggest problem Fornits has.  It's gotten really malicious and ugly.  These people know who they are and really ought to consider finding something else to do with their time other than play their stupid games and make a mockery out of the issues faced by survivors of residential treatment and therapeutic cult abuse.

Sifting through all the b.s. threads and inane posts to find anything of substance is a real pain in the ass but I think most of the regs realize that is the work of one or two sickos who would rather create chaos on this board and in other people's lives than face their own demons.

Overall, I think Mike and the others who have worked to keep Fornits online have done a very good job in the face of considerable adversity.  It would be nice if someone could update the fornits.com page (blog) to bring it current. 

edited as shown in red

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 03:38:17 AM »
I agree that the level of activity on fornits has gone way down.  I think part of it has to do with the move to SMF.  I'm not sure it was a really good idea.  Another part of it has to do with TheWho.  Another part of it is that I think a lot of people are depressed and have lost hope, to a certain extent (GAO flopped, HLA survived, Deborah got frustrated and left...).  I must admit, it has affected me as well.

For those who complain about the way I ran things... well.. I resigned as forum admin (still tech admin because I want the site running) for reasons I stated publicly on the forum a while back.  As to where ginger is?  beats me.  It would help if she would post once in a while but she's busy.

This all being said, I have a few ideas up my sleeve i'll be posting later on.  I've been paying a lot of attention to the way Anonymous is handling the Cult of Scientology recently, and that does give me hope.  They're killing Scientology currently.  I'm hoping the situation can be repeated on the Troubled Teen Industry.  To that end, In the movie i'm making, i'll be making a lot of comparisons between Scientology and Benchmark.  It sounds silly, but trust me on this.  I think we need a new approach to fighting the industry.  To that end, I have something in mind.

As for the front page... We need writers.  If you'd like to volunteer, let me know and i'll pass it past Ginger and grant you access.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 06:34:14 AM »
I could give two shits about scientology. If a pack of adults want to join a faith system/ cult/ religion which worships aliens and tom crazy cruise, then I can only wish them good luck. I dont see a need to protest this.
The need to protest and limit this industry is far more vital. Any system that incarcerates children or any other citizens without trial is inherently morally wrong and out of place in a democratic country. One is a crazy belief system that people can elect to buy into or not, the other is a violation of fundamental human rights. Sorry Psy, but your scientology focus is on a non issue.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 07:34:21 AM »
Quote from: "Give up"
I could give two shits about scientology. If a pack of adults want to join a faith system/ cult/ religion which worships aliens and tom crazy cruise, then I can only wish them good luck. I dont see a need to protest this.
The need to protest and limit this industry is far more vital. Any system that incarcerates children or any other citizens without trial is inherently morally wrong and out of place in a democratic country. One is a crazy belief system that people can elect to buy into or not, the other is a violation of fundamental human rights. Sorry Psy, but your scientology focus is on a non issue.

www.whyaretheydead.net (and yes, the CoS has programs (and connections to the industry)).... also.. Do you know where est came from?)

Also... I'm not trying to say we should protest this, or something is worse than something else.  I'm just saying that the strategies Anonymous is using against the CoS are applicable to the industry (web2.0 campaigns, information dissemination tactics, subversion, protests, satire, provocation, etc...).

Anonymous didn't decided to /protest/ the CoS...  they flat out declared war on the organization (not the belief system, the organization(which, everybody here knows, will collapse without the organization, as a kid blow up when he leaves the bubble of the program)).  Within days, they were able to organize worldwide protests with the turnouts in the thousands.  Call something a focus or not, but Anonymous is onto something that I think can be adapted to fighting the TTI.  There are a lot of victims of this industry that have either lost hope or for whatever reason are remaining silent.  If we are going to end this industry, we need to show the world that we will not be silenced.  I've been watching and learning, yes...

Consider when i went down to Benchmark they pointed cameras at us to scare us.  CoS does the sam thing.
Consider when i went down to Benchmark they spread lies about me.  CoS does the same thing.
Consider when i went down to Benchmark they forbade others from talking to me.  CoS does the same thing.
Consider when i went down to Benchmark they called the cops on us again and again.  CoS does the same thing.
Consider when i went down to Benchmark they tried to harrass us at our motel.  CoS does the same thing.
Consider the CoS has people to troll forums that are critical using the exact same tactics TheWho uses.
Consider the suicides the CoS covers up with police connections.
Consider the suicides/attempts Benchmark covers up with police connections.
Consider the litigious nature of the CoS as compared to the industry...

I could go on and on and on and on...

The LGAT roots of this industry, if you look far back enough, are in Scientology.  L Ron Hubbard himself said that est was a copy of Scientology with the terminology changed.  Second gen thought reform (attacking the concept of self) came from him.  Concept of putting yourself "at cause"?  Hubbard's exact words.  The similarities are mind-boggling, which is not surprising since they're both similar cults and although cults are different, they all rely on the same principles (albeit accomplished through different means).  Point being, if one cult is effectively fought using tactics XYZ, they're probably adaptable to another series of cults.

bla bla bla... make fun of me all you want .. but offering suggestions is often better than blasting your mouth off.  I think the tactics are applicable to the TTI, and who knows, given an increase in public knowledge and interest, Anonymous could very well end up declaring war on Programs.  Just wait and see.  The CoS is already starting to buckle under the pressure.  Cults rely on controlling communication and keeping their members in the dark. Anonymous does nothing better than spreading information.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 07:59:37 AM »
I think the trolling is a big part of it also.  If people could learn to accept other people’s opinions and not try to block them by trolling or attacking them for it the discussions would be a lot easier to follow.  I know this because I am usually in the middle of most of them.  I could probably help by not responding to the attacks as much as I do.

Secondly, I thought there was value in having the threads line up with the most recently posted ones at the top.  This allowed for a fresh view each time a person entered the forum and one could instantly see what was the hot topic for the day at a glance.  Now we have forums like “News Items” near the top, which had a handful a views per year and virtually no posting and is now getting some attention because of its location (although small).  Whereas there is activity (posts) occurring in threads further down the page, but no one sees them so no discussion is generated
Thirdly, I don’t see how trying to integrate scientology into the whole mess is going to help anything.  I had a run in with them when I was in college, they were dishonest  to me and I feel they are very deceptive and dangerous, but I think it would distract from the Troubled Teen Industry to introduce that here (in any form), but that’s not my call, good luck with it.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 08:46:23 AM »
To those who don't think Scientology is like the TTI:

http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewtop ... 947#p78835
Update on info from a staff member inside Flag..

I had previous said income was down 50%, this source, still on staff.. wondering about their options, already knows it is a scam...states public in for service is down 60% from 1993

While watching the "Road to Feb 10th, an OT said, "I spent all this money to get to OT and it ain't shit. Pointing at Anonymous, pointing at the screen, those people, look what they did, THAT's OT, on a planetary scale!"

They had NO idea pickets were all over the world, their mouths were hanging open!

Flag is 1/2 the size it was business wise as ten years ago...Public scientologists are all getting 3-4 phone calls PER DAY to come in for services and pay more money!Staff are knocking on peoples doors every day,trying to get public to come back in. No "public" are giving them any money right now...

A lot of the kids were dumped there by their "Sea Org" parents who have been sent elsewhere, and basically abandoned them and went off to work for 'RON"..

Most of the older people are gone The abuse the kids that are on staff are enduring is incredible.They get counted getting onto the bus to goto the mess hall, they get counted when they get off the bus. They counted when they go to bed. The kids don't have any where to go, they are trapped...They are third world youngsters.. who have NO WHERE TO GO. South American, Russian Kids, Albanian,Hungarians, Cech republic, Serbia. Yugoslavia, They bring them in on "religious workers visas" and then they TAKE their passports, so they can not leave! The kids can't leave, many are very frightened, you can see the desperation in their eyes, they are scared to death...

Monitored constantly.It is a horror show inside for staff...

The older current members were worried about the young kids on staff without their passports.

They know they can walk away, but they know the kids can't, thats why there appear to be so many young ones at flag, they cant leave because they have no money, no car, no where to go, they are in a strange country and their passports are sealed in a locked safe.

They are slaves being held against their will. Every moment of every day they are monitored so they cant run away.
Benchmark Takes kids passports ID so they can't leave too.  SAME SHIT... SAME EXACT SHIT!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 09:18:11 AM by psy »