Author Topic: cop out rumors  (Read 3180 times)

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
cop out rumors
« on: March 13, 2002, 09:06:00 AM »
I was in Plymouth MI Straight in 1990 and one of my oldcomers told me in her host home that there was someone who copped out inside a bedroom after lights out, in Cincinnati.
I don't remember what phase she told me she was on, I don't even know how she heard about it.
She said that this person litterally carved into the wall and the structure of that building wasn't stable, she was able to leave that house with all the newcomers she was watching, and just run.
I don't know how true this is.. but this is something she got in trouble for the next day in group, I guess for putting ideas in someones head.

Another notation, the oldcomer who told me this lived in a very dark, damp house which felt quite eerie to me, and it made the story quite eerie as well.
If anyone would like to comment on this or know anything about it.. please share
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
usan Minns

Offline mondoman

• View Profile
cop out rumors
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2002, 06:16:00 PM »
I was in the Cincinnati group when this happened.  It is a true story.

Offline Mung

• View Profile
cop out rumors
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2002, 11:31:00 PM »
Not on topic, but I remember an eerie oldcomers house in DC. We had to all sleep together in this little loft, the ceiling was slanted so that you could hardly sit up in there, and there were raccoons clawing loudly at the roof inches from our heads. Maybe not eerie, just annoying and gross.
He also had ferrets which sucked, as newcomers don't wear shoes inside host homes,
and those little bastards would bite my feet during dinner etc., and there was nothing I could do about (like stand the hell up and go to another room). Dude wouldn't put his stupid ass ferrets away.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
cop out rumors
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2002, 12:38:00 AM »
I wasn't sure how true that story was.. but were those "phasers" ever caught?

Also to remark about the ferrets and raccoons.. there was a similar house I slept in on a weekend with the celing like you described very low to the ground.. I kept hearing animal noises in the ceiling and someone told me (I believe my oldcomer) said it was bats!
I couldn't sleep that whole night.. those damn noises kept me awake and I was scared to sleep because I might wake up to something flying above my head or biting my toes!
usan Minns

Offline bettypills

• View Profile
cop out rumors
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2002, 12:38:00 AM »
I seem to remember that all o' the sudden, several people were missing all at once and no one ever told us anything, of course....does anyone know who did it? way to go, anyway!

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
cop out rumors
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2002, 04:52:00 AM »
what I can't figure out is how my 2nd phase oldcomer found out about it from the Plymouth Michigan Straight.. hmm.. strange.
usan Minns

Offline EarthMother

• View Profile
cop out rumors
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2002, 01:13:00 AM »
I didn't dare cop out in St. Pete. Several of the host homes I stayed at were quite a distance from the building, I don't know where, but they had tall chain-link fences around the houses to keep the 'gators out! I viewed staying as better than getting my ass eaten.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
cop out rumors
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2002, 08:46:00 PM »
LOL.. you were smart in doing that.
In Michigan if you were in Lansing, Jackson or near a bad neighborhood after dark, the chances of copping out would either be being raped, or murdered.
I didn't chance that either because I didn't know the area and from what I heard in most host homes in Jackson and Lansing, people always told me "you are in a bad neighborhood after dark".. they were big houses a lot of them, but you could tell they were old too and I knew that they wern't lying to me
usan Minns

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
cop out rumors
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2002, 04:31:00 PM »
I was in Cincinnati Straight in 1985-86.  Me and 3 other girls on 1st phase overtook our "captors" after lights out in the host home and locked ourselves in the bathroom, breaking out the window with our bare hands and running into the night in t-shirts and underwear.  2 got caught right away, but me and another girl made it all the way to her hometown hitchiking in those clothes!!!!  My parents never sent me back after that.  I guess they figured if I would resort to this kind of violence and desperation it must be pretty bad!!!

Offline bettypills

• View Profile
cop out rumors
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2002, 01:31:00 PM »
oh my god so that's what happenned! There were vibes & allusions! hahahaha! would it be too much to want to know who was involved?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
cop out rumors
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2002, 01:32:00 PM »
Bad neighborhoods are underrated. Think about it for a minute. People live there 365 days a year, year in, year out. In the worst neighborhoods, 1/100 odds of being any of raped, mugged, robbed or assaulted in any given year is considered extremely high.

When I split from the Program and when I split from home beforehand (which was much like the program to begin with), I hitchhiked all over the country. Most of that was just a lot of riding shotgun with truck drivers and taking in the countryside.

But there were a few occasions when I got the "put out or get out" ultimatum in a "bad" neighborhood. (Detroiter truck stop, where I saw my very first heroin addict ever; some slum in NYC; another one in Newark, NJ)

I got out. I was frightened. I walked or hitched back to a highway and got a ride out of there without incident. It was no more frightening than the 2 hour layover in NYC train/bus station that same year.

The only time I was ever actually assaulted was St. Paddy's Day, `82 (I think) in Ft. Lauderdale, not a full mile from my home, which was never considered a "bad neighborhood" at all. And that was date rape. I drank some half dozen glasses of something green, sweet and highly intoxicating at a local bar. Next thing ya' know, I'm waking up in some dingy little appartment with the mother of all hangovers and vague and unpleasant memories of the night before. No pregnancy, no diseases as a result. Just a bit wiser for the experience.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline bettypills

• View Profile
cop out rumors
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2002, 01:42:00 PM »
interesting point. I had a similar experience where a man with a gun came up to my car at a red light and made me go with him into his car and he raped me. But this happenned in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Dallas (University Park). I was lucky to escape alive. Of course the racist cops there who were checking out my car (which I'd had to leave right there at the intersection), of course they assumed that since I looked a little bit different (not a yuppie!) and my attacker was a black man, they of course assumed I knew him. They kept asking me if I was sure I hadn't just come from a party where I might have met him! Bastards! Of course they never caught him.