Author Topic: The Truth About Kathy Rowe  (Read 5558 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth About Kathy Rowe
« on: July 18, 2003, 06:38:00 PM »
Does anyone know about the situation between her and Bret?    Stay   Tuned
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline SurvivorEMSR

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 08:25:00 PM »
It seems to me that maybe this website is being misused. I don't have a lot of good things to say about Pathway, but I don't really see the point in trashing other people; whether or not they are involved with Pathway seems irrelevant.

I like to use this site for support and suggestions, and I have learned a lot from many of the posters. Lately, though, I have received a lot of harsh messages from Pathway supporters. Most of the things they accuse me of are not true, and that is why I offered my website. Ask me any question you want, and I will answer truthfully.

I believe Kathy Row did the same thing, so if you want to talk to her or know anything about her, maybe you should send her an e-mail.  Regardless of whether someone is a Pathway supporter or not, I have a lot more respect for the people who leave their identities and are willing to discuss issues like civilized people over the people who post degrading messages anonymously about other people. Just a suggestion! Thanks for being here. EMSR

Does any one really get a kick out of displaying people's personal lives over the internet?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 09:04:00 PM »
In this situation, it's sometimes hard to find the line between personal and public. I don't know who Bret is or the nature of any relationship between himself and Kathy Rowe, but if he was a client and there was some inapropriate relationship, then it's not exactly a private matter, it's possibly a criminal matter.

Just between you, me an the lamp post, I really wouldn't bother trying to answer all of the Program people's questions truthfully. I did that for almost 20 years with my family, all to no avail. Nothing I could do or say will ever be good enough because I split the program without 7th stepping. To them, every mistake I make or misfortune that befalls me is just more amunition.

Phuk em!

"The FARC is part of the history of Colombia and a historical phenomenon", (President Pastrana) says, "and they must be treated as Colombians". ... They come and ask for bread [aid from Washington], and you give them stones.

Robert White is a former American ambassador to Paraguay and El Salvador, and former No. 2 man with the U.S. Embassy in Bogota, is president of the Centre for International Policy in Washington D.C.
http://narconews.com/' target='_new'>Robert White

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 12:00:00 AM »
I agree with EMSR on this one.  What is the purpose of bashing other people on the internet?  Especially Kathy (who has made significant changes at Pathway and has offered her e-mail address to those who choose to ask anything of her).  WHY is it necessary to talk about her?  Talk about Straight if you want to, talk about PFC if you must, but leave individual people out of it, especially those who are implementing positive change.
Thanks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 10:43:00 AM »
I tried to send an email.  The address doesn't work for Kathy Row.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »
On 2003-07-18 21:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"WHY is it necessary to talk about her?  Talk about Straight if you want to, talk about PFC if you must, but leave individual people out of it, especially those who are implementing positive change.

Thanks"

Never thought about that; why is it 'necessary' to talk about Kathy Row. Well, Kathy Row is aprently a fairly bit wheel in the PFC structure. So it's only natural that people interested in PFC would be interested in Kathy Row. Out here in the more commonly accepted reality, free people do things just because they want to, not only because the believe they're obliged to.

All good intentions aside, there just hasn't been a large group thought reform organization that I know of that's transformed itself into a kinder, gentler kind of organization. Marnie Sykes and a few other staff worked hard for that before Sarasota Straight blew up. I never knew her, but folks who did say that Helen Petermenn had the same game plan. Over and over, there's probably always someone at any of these places who wants to fix the program. But for the past 30 years, it just hasn't worked.

Allow the President to invade a neighboring nation whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such purpose, and you allow him to make war at pleasure. Study to see if you can fix any limit to his power in this respect, after having given him so much as you propose. If today he should choose to say he thinks it necessary to invade Canada to prevent the British from invading us, how could you stop him? You may say to him,--"I see no probability of the British invading us"; but he will say to you, "Be silent: I see it, if you don't."
--Abraham Lincoln

Offline SurvivorEMSR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 02:24:00 PM »
The address does work, and I believe she will respond to you. EMSR

Offline butternationalist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 03:45:00 PM »
Good Show Ed,
   im behind you 100 percent w/ this one. this just proves your integrity and responsibile thinking ove the anonymous posters.--smith

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 04:43:00 PM »
I get mixed messages from you guys, butter and emsr. I thought you guys were not supporting pathway. What's up? In one post I hear you saying things more or less against them, and then in the next one it's like, come on guys, "give em a break".

Also, why is it that when someone comes to a public forum, they leave an email address and then never come back. If we wish to establish a dialogue, I would set it up right here. It's time to put the money where the mouth is KATHY ROW, and all you Pathway supporters! What's the harm in answering a simple question or two here. Why do I have to jump through Pathway hoops to get there, and then wait for someone to ask me "what did she say..." Come on out and play. Don't be afraid.
My opinion is, and you all can take this however you like, that the reason she and all the others out there in Pathwayville do not post answers to my questions is because they know that they are GUILTY of something that they will be held accountable for later. All the more reason to close that place and the sooner the better. This country does not need Pathway. It needs neither Kids Helping Kids, WWASP, SAFE, nor all the other highly abusive and allegedly criminal, fraudulent, and otherwise morally bankrupt treatment centers.
There are many people dead now because of the treatment modality that exists at Pathway and the others. Why is it so hard to figure out that the time to stop is long overdue.
With respect to my earlier comment about butter and survivor, to each their own you know. If you want, you could send ISAC a statement detailing your treatment. (the fax is working now)  :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 04:59:00 PM »
Who's Bret and excuse me but little miss priss Kathy has some dirt on her?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2003, 07:07:00 PM »
MG, "The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart."--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

I respect and admire these guys for tempering themselves and not letting themselves get vindictive. Instead of a total war of us against them at all costs, they're tethering the dialog to higher ground.

But there's another perspective that I think playes in here and we'd be making a big mistake to miss it.

All I know for sure is that someone posted requesting information about a relationship between someone named Brett and a PFC executive staffer. I'm guessing, based on both the question and some of the responses, that Brett is/was a client and that there's at least a credible rumor of some improper relationship.

Now, normally, I'd agree. I really am sick and god damned tired of hearing about the private lives of public figures when it's got nothing to do with me. But when a person in a position of authority takes advantage of people under their authority, that's not necessarily a private matter. What's more, this particular group of people have a very long history of harmful and inapropriate relationships with Program clients. Very much like the Catholic church, they get away with it by envoking the anonymity rule, discrediting and intimidating critics.

Is that what's going on here?

A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.
http://memory.loc.gov/const/fed/fed_46.html' target='_new'>James Madison, The Federalist No. 46

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2003, 02:30:00 PM »
I am surely not a Pathway supporter. I hate that place for what it put me and my family through. I suppose I don't really see the point in bantering back and forth throwing insults left and right. I don't believe it accomplishes much. Then again, I suppose I can and should leave it to others to defend themselves. Like you said, MetalGod, this is a public forum. Thanks for pointing that out to me. EMSR

On another note, ISAC already used my story in the "Preliminary Investigative Report Into Pathway Family Center." Is there something else I could get you besides that?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2003, 05:01:00 PM »
EMSR, do you get my point?

At the very base of it, the Program is the mother of all power trips for the people most actively and entheusiastically involved. Over and over again, we've seen adults who take on those positions of power within the Program structure wind up 'romantically' involved with clients (with or without the client's avowed consent). It's exactly the same as incest; the Program staff and group take over as a highly abusive family and certain of the self selected parent figures turn out to be pedophiles.

If this is what's going on at PFC, then talking about it is not just a mean spirited personal attack. It's one of those fucked up situations in life when you have to make a guess and weigh the harm that may come from action against the harm that can come from inaction. It's not easy. Important things hardly ever are.

Agree? Disagree? Any thoughts?

The disrespect for the possession laws fosters a disrespect for laws and the system in general... On top of this is the distinct impression among the youth that some police may use the marihuana laws to arrest people they don't like for other reasons, whether it be their politics, their hair style or their ethnic background.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/studies/nc/ncmenu.htm' target='_new'>Marihuana: A Signal of Misunderstanding

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2003, 04:34:00 PM »
we're still waiting!!!

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2003, 06:11:00 PM »
Well folks, speaking as the survivor that I am all these years later AND considering the straight inc people are still at it, even after being closed so many years ago, I would put NOTHING past Pathway or any other straight inc program out there.
Look at SAFE, Rumor has it that the staff outnumbers the clients and to top it off... SAFE is answering phones for the people that are raising $1 million in ONE FRIGGIN NIGHT!!!! Come on, wake up all you all, jeez, is Pathway going to do that? I'd be willing to bet that Pathway is in on this fundraiser in FL too, but, that is pure speculation on my part, so don't get all legal bullcrappy with me, please :smokin: