Author Topic: How many kids are in Programs?  (Read 2296 times)

Offline SilmarilOne

• View Profile
How many kids are in Programs?
« on: July 16, 2003, 08:00:00 PM »
As a percentage of teenagers, say from 13 to 18, how many are being put in these places?  I have been getting suicidally depressed thinking about all this and need to know there are some kids NOT being subjected to this.  Someone give me some good news!  

It's kinda like my ex.  She worked with premature infants, crack babies and the like.  She would go visit the healthy ones at the end of her shift so as not to be so depressed, and remember that most were healthy...

Did that make any sense?

--thomas--
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
o trees have been harmed in the sending of this message.  However, several thousand electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 10:11:00 PM »
I don't have any statistics for you, but you can rest assured that not ALL parents are being duped by the bullshit. You can start with us survivors. Pretty safe to say that most of us aren't about to make the same mistakes that were made at our expense and at the expense of our families. And then there are people who just have sense enough to know better than to trust someone else to "straighten out" their kid for them...It does kinda creep me out that I see people wearing those D.A.R.E. shirts though...  :???:

[ This Message was edited by: Froderik13 on 2003-07-16 19:14 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 01:17:00 AM »
Oh, hell yeah! Let me entertain you:

Cathasaigh is a real-live 15yo kid who's mother will never, ever coerce her into anything but maybe eating more greens.
http://cathasaigh.com/

Here's a pick-me-up
http://libertarianrock.com/1997curfew_protest.html

It's not really the whole world. Not even this whole country. It seems that way sometimes because the program advocates get to advertise at tax payor expense and to punish and intimidate disenters. But THAT was before people started really picking up some proficiency on the net. The spark has caught now. I think if the entire net went down tonight, tomorrow afternoon people would be organizing events to hang out in person. We'd all miss each other too much.

Age is mind over matter. If you don't mind...it doesn't matter!
--  Chuck Gauran

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2003, 01:30:00 AM »
I don't know one kid who's in one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 01:41:00 AM »
Same here. I used to know one guy, but his parents were drug addicts. He just followed suit.

Offline SilmarilOne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 02:51:00 AM »
You all must be really sick of me by now--hell I'm sick of myself!  just when I think there arent' any tears left I cry some more till I puke again.  It's just overwhelming thinking it's  a losing battle, that there are always going to be some people being tortured needlessly.

and as the windshield melts
my tears evaporate
leaving only charcoal to defend
finally i understand
the feelings of the few
ashes and diamonds
foe and friend
we were all equal in the end
o trees have been harmed in the sending of this message.  However, several thousand electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 10:37:00 AM »
I know of two people that were in the KHK here in Cincinnati.
At last count according to the director, there are about 24 clients there today

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »
Most of my partners in Pas de Deux class are age 15.  So, they were born in 1988, while I was in Straight.  I was 15 when I was in Straight.  While those classes are in progress, thoughts of me at age 15 never cross my mind, but afterwards it does feel like I'm repairing my own personal age 15 by being involved in their age 15.  It's like I discovered a whole culture of people who are not so distant from the culture I lived in before Straight, and I can participate in this instead of something hellish.  Of course, they'll never hear the story of me at age 15.

[ This Message was edited by: JDavid on 2003-07-17 09:43 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »
thomas maybe this will help.  I can rattle off twenty people I know who have children who are teens, pre-teens and almost adult teens who are not now or will never be in an abusive treatment center.  They will not be coerced into placing their children in any type of help facility, they are good parents and have normal lives with normal problems and normal teenagers who experiment and learn and live and try to get by in the world just like the primordial lake that our species came from intended.

Ever noticed how nobody's kid on the Starship enterprize was ever in a behavior modification facility?  Hmmmm....I'm telling you folks, it's all this darn gravity that's doing it people, not the drugs.  Just a theory.

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »
Yeah, gravity plus we don't have replicator technology.  Manual production is a bitch.

Offline suflowersinamericanow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2003, 06:56:00 PM »
It is actually our planetary movement into the photon belt that is taking place.  We will be experiencing more and more strange events as we are coming into more radiation from our sun.  The Mayan calendar ends on December 21, 2012 and then we will have moved through the photon band.  By then, we will be in a new cycle of human living.

As a Dundee groupie, I began to research cosmology as a way to explain why the heck I was in another nation rescuing my beloved daughter, Nicole.  

I have studied Psychology, Anthropology, Theology, now Cosmology...all because I was blessed by our Lord with my sweet and innocent dear Nicole Helene Deniken.  Children really do descend from Heaven...Love you Nicole...I told you not to go back with your Dad.
MOM

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2003, 07:04:00 PM »
Hi Thomas,

Hang in there - lots of survivors of "rehabs" here that are happy to take the time to listen and care.

In derilict sidings
The poppies entwine.
With cattle trucks lying in wait
for the next time.

Can't believe I found someone else who listens to Floyd's The Final Cut.  I've never met anyone else who owns that album.  Very depressing album - that's for sure - I know it's made me sad many a time.  Considering most of it refers to warfare and death, that's not very suprising.

Take care of yourself, man. :wink:

David
Mithy
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2003, 07:42:00 PM »
On 2003-07-16 23:51:00, SilmarilOne wrote:

"It's just overwhelming thinking it's  a losing battle, that there are always going to be some people being tortured needlessly.

and as the windshield melts

my tears evaporate

leaving only charcoal to defend

finally i understand

the feelings of the few

ashes and diamonds

foe and friend

we were all equal in the end

"

Well, here's another way to look at it. Down through the ages, there has always been trouble in this world. That's a euphemistic term for some of the horrifying events anyone can think of just recounting what you remember from high school history class.

And down through the ages, there has also always been beauty and art and love and happiness. If Dali could be as raw and unblinking and also as quirky and mischevious as he was through two world wars, there is no reason why we can't do the same.

All this awful stuff is only part of the picture. I'll tell you one thing that works like hitting the reset button for me. Any time of the day or night, any season of the year, getting off into the woods a little bit and just taking it all in always helps me put things into their proper perspective.

It's a little thing
@>;---

When a man you like switches from what he said a year ago, or four years ago, he is a broad-minded person who has courage enough to change his mind with changing conditions. When a man you don't like does it, he is a liar who has broken his promise.
-- FRANKLIN P.ADAMS (1861-1960).

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes