Author Topic: PV: Where's Steve Petty?  (Read 2486 times)

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
PV: Where's Steve Petty?
« on: January 20, 2008, 04:34:01 PM »
http://www.peninsulavillage.org/pv-staff.cfm

Under "leadership", there is no leader.  Steve Petty, who's held the position of Peninsula Village administrator longer than any of his predecessors,is missing from the masthead.  Most PV admins had a shelf life of less than a year...one of them being the infamous Don Vardell.

What's going on at PV?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
Re: PV: Where's Steve Petty?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:59:25 PM »
Kreflo?  I hope you weren't in any of those pictures of PV gooners partying.

What's the deal in PenisVille?  Did Petty get sacked or desert like a shithouse rat?  If you don't want to post, could you send something to my Gmail account, please?

I'm jonesin' hard for news. It's not a monkey on my back, it's a bellicose, PCP-crazed, purple-ass baboon.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Don Vardell on top of the masthead tomorrow morning.

Or you...  Let a Brother seize the power at Peckerwood Village for a change.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Kreflo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 04:58:37 PM »
word up G My image don't come up in no picture except for sometimes it got a big ol ghost dog tryin to bite my ass I swear.  Check your g mail but for now don't axe no questions.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:45:24 PM »
Well, I'll answer myself.  Friday the 18th Steve Petty was administrator of PV.  I just called PV and asked to speak with Petty and was told he is no longer associated with Peninsula Village.  I asked if he moved to another part of Covenant health and received a terse "no".

The longest lasting PV admin leaves, with his middle finger extended as notice?  Or was it his choice? 
Riddles abound...but I get a warm glowy feeling in my gut thinking about the possible answers.

EDIT:  Sorry, Kreflo, I was posting while you were.  Thanks, I'll read your email right now.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 05:50:46 PM by ZenAgent »

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 10:21:42 PM »
Thanks for the update ZenAgent! Looks like PV's foundation is starting to crumble...
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 03:26:32 PM »
Quote from: "act.da"
Thanks for the update ZenAgent! Looks like PV's foundation is starting to crumble...

...After a mighty kick from yourself.  I think outting the counselors' MySpace whining and unethical behavior again might have knocked the mortar out.  Those MySpace accounts are set to private now.  You the man!

Quote from: "Steve Petty"
"So many of them leave here, and you just can't believe it is the same kid who came in here kicking and screaming," Petty said. (thedailytimes.com - "Peninsula Village marks 20th anniversary")

Was Steve talking about PV patients or PV administrators?

Steve, this is your chance - if PV did you wrong, and you want to be a whistle-blower to unburden your soul, we can give you a very public place to do it - right here on Fornits.  Imagine how PV and Covenant would feel about that.

Let's talk.  We'll call group, right here.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 06:47:29 PM »
Bumped for relevance.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 03:06:39 AM »
From a PV parent LiveJournal blog

23rd-Nov-2005 06:45 pm - Holiday Bombshell

"I drove a round trip to Knoxville to pick up Dxxx for his Holiday furlough. That went really well. I rented a 5 liter mustang, and I made the 600 miles from my doorstep, back to my doorstep in 10 hours and 30 minutes. That included picking up Dxxx, 2 gas stops, and a lunch stop. Dxxxx and I had some good conversations, and overall it was as pleasant as a 600 mile trip could be.

When I got home, I immediately began to inject the turkeys with seasoning. While I was doing that, I booted up to check my email and got a very disturbing email from Steve Petty, the administrator of Peninsula Village. Here is what it read:

Quote from: "Steve Petty"
"Kxxxx and Jxxx, I hope you are both doing well and preparing for a nice holiday weekend.

It just occurred to me yesterday that I did not receive a response from you to my October 30 e-mail below, where I made the clarification of my intent during our conversation on Family Day. So I am writing to ask if that clarification was clear to you and if you are planning to pay Dxxxxx’s November and December payments on December 1 as I believe we agreed to. Please let me know.

It is absolutely the last thing that I wish to talk with you about, but if you are not able to make those two months current, then we need to begin preparing Dxxxxx for a discharge around December 5. As you know, our clinical staff does not believe that Dxxxx is ready to come home and we certainly hope that this is not necessary. But if it has to be, then we want to be fair to Dxxxx and begin preparing him immediately. I look forward to hearing back from you today if at all possible."

He didn't even sign off the email with his name.

Here was my response to Lucia, the Family Therapist, who was cc'd on the mail.

"Lucia,

I just walked in 40 minutes ago from a round trip to Knoxville to get this email and the one from Steve.

I am really trying to keep my cool and not pick up the phone, because my response would most likely be too harsh to deliver to anyone on the eve of a holiday.

However, I will tell you that this is the most grotesquely unprofessional business communication I have ever experienced. EVER, and I have been around the block several times.

If Steve Petty had even the smallest indication of possessing a backbone, or even more appropriate, the equipment that should be at the bottom of where the backbone should be, he would have met me at the YC this morning at 9am when I picked up Dxxx. Even that would have been mildly inappropriate, but never the less, at least it would have indicated the absence of cowardice.

I can’t begin to explain how upset I am, and at so many levels. The use of the venue of email, the timing, the content and first and foremost, the misguided attempt to be personal and empathic because of the holiday makes me nauseated.

My first reaction is to not even bother to bring Dxxx back to Knoxville.

This email doesn’t even express my discontent. I am trying so hard right now not to pick up the phone, and to take a deep breath and let my anger subside. But I felt compelled to let somebody at PV know how I am feeling, and quite frankly, you are the only one I trust.

You can forward this to whomever you feel appropriate to receive it. I hope this does not spoil your holiday, because I know you worry about Dxxxx.

Kxxxx"

I have to go to dinner now, but I will log in later and fill in the rest of the details.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 03:22:52 AM »
Follow-up, "23rd-Nov-2005 10:10 pm - The rest of the story"

Just to lay out some background on the email from Steve Petty. He is not involved in the therapy of the patients, he is the administrator, the money guy that reports up to corporate, Covenant Health Care. Dxxxx's treatment is about 9K per month. We originally thought he would be there about 9 months. He just finished his 14th month. Jxxx borrowed from Sallie Mae for the first six months, sent in as much cash as she could. We had about 60K paid and owed PV about $70K on our PV account on October 30. That was invoiced to November 30th. I sat down with Steve Petty at family day and wrote him a personal check for $15K out of my checkbook, arrange for another 15K in a joint loan with Jxxx and applied for a 2nd insurance payment for $8600. BCBS will only pay 30 days a coverage year for inpatient mental health. That is another whole issue I will address later. Steve told me that if we would keep the balance at $35K by keeping monthly charges up to date until his discharge, that he would work out a payment plan to pay the balance after Dxxx's release. That was agreeable to me, although it is still a painful pill to swallow. He was friendly and mild mannered during this conversation. I followed up our meeting with an email to clarify what we had discussed. That was the last communication until today.

I am absolutely sickened by his email. To send that the day before a holiday, no less by email and the day he knew I was picking up Dxxxx for the holiday was cowardly and inexcusable. To inform us that "if" we did not make a payment, that he was going to arrange Dxxx's discharge in one week is deplorable.

I am unclear about what to do, but I feel compelled to inform him that I fully understand the risk that he is exposing himslelf and Peninsula to from a point of professional responsibility and liability.

I have to sleep on this, but I am going to screw his spineless, sorry ass to the back of his chair. Of course, not literally, but with words and legal positioning. I had every intention of making Dan's bill good, but now, I feel no motivation to do so.

Happy Thanksgiving

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 08:38:41 AM »
this story absolutely with out a doubt, does not surprise me, which is not good. Ya know, it makes me think to my time on PV row, if my dad would have just listened, and grown his backbone, i would have been gone. But my friend that is a former staff from PV, said that PV knew that they couldnt help me, and that I was in the wrong kind of therapuetic setting. Nevertheless, the fuckers kept me there, to pay off their homes in Hawaii or whatever. FUCKERS!
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.