Author Topic: $400 Bounty for TheWho's Identity (pot raised again)  (Read 8717 times)

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Re: $1100 Bounty for TheWho's Identity (pot raised again)
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 03:30:35 PM »
Not to denigrate what anyone is trying to do, but how do you intend to use the information (TheWho's identity) once you get it? What will make it worth the money spent? I ask sheerly out of curiosity.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 03:42:01 PM »
The information is to be used inform myself, for one, of exactly TheWho's identity.

He gets on here, by his own admission, and "counsels" or "advises" parents as to the best programs. He says he does it for free, and the point is moot actually. TheWho is acting, essentially, as an edcon - by his very own admission. I for one, would like to know exactly who is disseminating out misinformation, alternating bewteen posting guest and hinmelf, and carrying on imaginary conversations with himself. He denigrates and mocks surviviors - calls their experience a lie. Kinda like the neo-nazi holocaust deniers.

I think if he is going  basically call himself an expert, we should know exactly what kind of expert he is and precisely who he works for.

I ponied up some cash. Not the bulk, but some. I have no respect for TheWho and would like to see his troll-ass gone from this forum.

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
Re: $1200 Bounty for TheWho's Identity (pot raised again)
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 03:47:08 PM »
Ill even offer up Bob Pegler or Adam McLain to give the Who a dance in his ass if we find out who he is

;D :ftard:
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 04:13:58 PM »
sorry for the disapointment, but i contacted my lawyer and found out this is quite illegal. i also gave it some thought, and reconsidered, i know, it sucks, but i cant participate in this. subtract the $800...
plus, considering i am always annon, i dont really feel comfy sending money to anyone related to the site, even cash can be traced, especially considering to get $800, i need to go to the bank, which registers the serial numbers of every bill.

thewho can easily file a suit against us for a variety of reasons if we do happen to put a price on his identity...and whoever the who works for can cover legal costs much easier than us. plus, this is just going to give them another reason to go after fornits as a whole. the court will look at us as in the wrong. We have the ability to force user registration, and/or ban people. if we really dont like the who, the judge will most likely (99.99%) say we can ban him and be over with it, instead of destroying his life.

also, the way i see it...thewho spends ALL of his time here. from morning, deep into the late night, almost every day. his life already sucks, he wouldnt be on the computer constantly if it didnt. we on the other hand, go on with our lives every day, and for the most part, enjoy them regardless of what thewho types. in essence, we are already victorious over him because were are causing him to spend all his time here. he's kinda like the WoW or everquest addicts, but worse. it's a pretty miserable existence, regardless of what he's getting paid, if he's getting paid.

these schools have already gotten the govt's attention. as long as romney doesnt get elected, the hearings and investigations will continue, and eventually ( i hope ) the industry will come to an end or at least be reformed. why should i waste my time and money fucking someone who's already being fucked from every direction?

he can try to refer parents all he wants, most of the parents know better than to listen to him. if they are that stupid, their kids will get sent away, and when they get out thats one more kid on our side. the reason nothing significant has been done against the industry as of yet, is because there are not enough voices. they still think they can get away with it because theres not much serious, angry protest outside of fornits. the reason hidden lake's lawsuit was not class certified wasnt because of a lack of a case - it was practically airtight. it's because no one showed up. the judge figured since not enough people care enough to show up, not enough people care. the more people get sent away, the more people we have on our side. in a sense, thewho is helping us reach the critical mass we need in order to have any sort of influence.

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 04:43:34 PM »
If you are actually the same person who offered the $800, which I doubt you are, then you're pretty ignorant - and whatever lawyer you spoke with is an idiot. It's not illegal to post public information. If you can find the info, post it. As an example, check out what I just posted in the PV thread!
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 04:45:01 PM »
Quote from: "act.da"
If you are actually the same person who offered the $800, which I doubt you are, then you're pretty ignorant - and whatever lawyer you spoke with is an idiot. It's not illegal to post public information. If you can find the info, post it. As an example, check out what I just posted in the PV thread!

It's the same person... However I, too, disagree with the lawyer.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline act.da

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 04:50:01 PM »
What lawyer did you speak with? Maybe TheWho is a lawyer LOL
<&/PV>
[size=85]"that protester guy is still coming"[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 05:17:39 PM »
also, the way i see it...psy spends ALL of his time here. from morning, deep into the late night, almost every day. his life already sucks, he wouldnt be on the computer constantly if it didnt.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: $400 Bounty for TheWho's Identity (pot raised again)
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 06:16:08 PM »
I think what the guest is referring to is the “Pursuit of another person” or the “Act” of pursuing.   The guest received some good advice from a lawyer who knows what is lying ahead in this new territory.  It is not illegal to dumpster dive and find information in some states.  It is illegal, though to offer a reward or payment for another’s identity.
All of us have a right to remain anonymous if we choose to (in cyberspace).  If someone is intent on exposing another’s identity for the purpose of malice or ill harm then that is a crime in and of itself.  This is especially sensitive now due to the rapid spread of identity theft and the courts are giving broad latitude to the people to protect themselves.  Of course the tricky part is determining which state the crime was committed in and then abiding by their state laws (if they apply).  If the person is from out of the country then there is little that can be done until they set foot on US soil.  At that point they can easily be detained (at the point of entry) to determine their intent and if their reason for entering the US is for this purpose.  This is a simple process but can be quite lengthy and the person can be detained for quite awhile while verifying intent.

The free exchange of ideas on the Internet is driven in large part by the ability of Internet users to communicate anonymously. If Internet users could be stripped of that anonymity by a civil subpoena enforced under the liberal rules of civil discovery, this would have a significant chilling effect on Internet communications and thus on basic First Amendment rights.
Doe v. 2themart.com, Inc., 140 F.Supp.2d 1088, 1093 (W.D. Wash. 2001).

People are permitted to interact pseudonymously and anonymously with each other so long as those acts are not in violation of the law. This ability to speak one's mind without the burden of the other party knowing all the facts about one's identity can foster open communication and robust debate. Furthermore, it permits persons to obtain information relevant to a sensitive or intimate condition without fear of embarrassment. People who have committed no wrong should be able to participate online without fear that someone who wishes to harass or embarrass them can file a frivolous lawsuit and thereby gain the power of the court's order to discovery their identity.
Columbia Insurance Co. v. Seescandy.com, 185 F.R.D. 573, 578 (N.D. CA. 1999)2

I personally believe this will become a “Center stage” issue until such time as there are sufficient processes in place to protect a person’s identity from theft.  We should see a few landmark cases over the next several years (as we have in the past few) which will help to reshape and rewrite the existing laws.  It will be interesting to see how they intend to protect our first amendment rights and how many token law breakers will serve time as examples of the teeth the future laws will hold.
This is new territory for all of us.  It should be fun to be part of it.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 06:33:23 PM by TheWho »

Offline The Monsters

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 06:27:53 PM »
it's also illegal to torture and abuse kids but that does not seem to bother you any when you talk about these hellholes to parents.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Congratulations to TheWho on his victory over Fornits. TheWho says jump, fornits asks "how high?!" Pathetic, every single one of you.

I gotta agree with the sentiment here, although I probably wouldn't have put it quite that way.  As to the legalities of it, I don't know.  I'm thinking its probably not a real good idea to pay to track down someone's identity.  Now, OTOH, if one should happen to figure out who he is on their own, no problem.  Post away.....just make sure its accurate info.

Guys, he's a complete moron.  His sole reason for being here is to spread disinformation......that's why he posts anonymously encouraging 'us' to make shit up about him.  Don't you get it??? He's one of them!!!! He's doing the same thing here as they all do inside the programs.  Don't let him play you like the programs did.  If there's a specific point that needs refuting for clarity sake, fine...but other than that, let it go.   JMHO.

Peace.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 06:41:50 PM »
Quote from: "The Monsters"
it's also illegal to torture and abuse kids but that does not seem to bother you any when you talk about these hellholes to parents.

I think that anyone who has been here long enough knows I am the first one to want to put someone in jail for abusing kids.  Lets name names and get them put in jail.  People need to step forward and get the ones doing harm in court or at least fired.

What people here have a hard time with is that I believe there are good programs out there which do tremendous good to many kids and families which I openly promote.  The schools that do harm should be exposed and closed down. 

This has always been my position.

Offline The Monsters

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 06:43:39 PM »
untill there is a system that close watches ALL programs... there are NO good programs.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 06:50:49 PM »
Quote from: "TheWho"

I think that anyone who has been here long enough knows I am the first one to want to put someone in jail for abusing kids. 

I want my emoticons back!  I'd have a shitload of ::roflmao:: all over here.  Probably some rolly eyes too.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 06:55:19 PM »
Quote from: "The Monsters"
untill there is a system that close watches ALL programs... there are NO good programs.

In your opinion..and thats okay.....checks and balances are fine and dandy...regulation will do some good for the schools that fall below a certain level, but will not effect the ones who are doing well and helping kids and families today.