Author Topic: any good days that you can recall?  (Read 13846 times)

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
any good days that you can recall?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2002, 09:35:00 AM »
I would rather not do so for the fact that this isn't a site to discuss such details of lack of sexual encounters at a facility that kept us "locked up".
I will say this though, I'm sure all of us have experienced some form of sexual frustration and needed some form or way to get it out of our system, thus you have children who were sexually molested or raped in the program.
I know there is a BIG difference between individual pleasure and rape.. however, some of the staff members whom I've known sounded like they didn't know the difference between them (I guess they wern't using the Serenity Prayer at the time)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
usan Minns

Offline Kenterprises

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2002, 02:04:00 PM »
My god people this is funny, remember the songs they would sing here are some as follows

Straight in deed(is all you need to stay off the junk ths pills and the weed)
Blowing in the wind
This land is your land
The micky Mouse Straight song
Please feel free to add to the list.

The good time I had being on 1st phase for 6 months was the night I made it to 2nd phase, and yelled Comming home! My Mother was in her head at the time. I yelled it and she did'nt even hear me yell it :sad: I got a standing ovation for over 5 minutes as they told me I was the only one they seen on 1st phase for so long! I bullshited my way there still not knowing what the hell the whole program was about! Was not 2  days later being home,they saw through me and brought me back to 1st phase what a bummer! I got pissed off and decided to make myself get kicked out by starting fights and it worked, they took me down to JDC and a week later I was in a half way house then I was allowed to go home. The judge let me go home said I had been in straight long enough,( I had been court ordered to go to Straight or do 5 years of hard labor)I chose the obvious! That was the happiest day for me! I got out of straight and beat doing 5 years!

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2002, 02:14:00 PM »
I remember on about my 10th day, I caught my oldcomer doing it in front of me.   Told me it was because he loved himself so much and if I was lucky, I too could love myself as much some day.   I could hardly wait . . . that is I could hardly wait to get the heck out of there.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2002, 12:10:00 PM »
Kenterprises, I remember being on 1st phase for 4 months and yes, 2 days later I got setback for talking to my sister about my ex-boyfriend and another oldcomer who was at my house at the time reported me to staff, she was evesdropping on our conversation.. scadelous bitch.

I'm glad you didn't have to serve those 5 years.. I'm sure you couldn't or wouldn't want to even imagine what torchure Straight would put you through if you stayed.. I'm happy you got out when you did.

Anyway.. Kpickle, was he ever reported to staff for doing that in front of you? I think that is discusting, he should have been started over back on 1st phase and taken to the intake room and been highly bitched out for it.. I'm sorry you had to go through that.. comforts

[ This Message was edited by: ladyjerrico on 2002-04-22 09:11 ]
usan Minns

Offline Kenterprises

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2002, 04:36:00 PM »
I tell you all something those MI's were a bitch to write. I never knew what to put down. I did'nt even know what they might want me to write. I never did figure it out My hat is off to all who made it through a 5 phases. Untill they smoosed my mom not to bring me anymore smokes and lifesavers. I cant tell you all how many rolls of life savers I ate per day. Little did they know I was amped out on the sugar just like speed. Thanks to Mrs Peterman you Bitch, I still wonder today just how many people from there  have the same oppinion that we all do?
Now that all that is out, Lets have a song!
LMAO

Offline Kenterprises

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2002, 04:41:00 PM »
I forgot to ask Lady J" how long were you in ? and when did you get out and how did you get out?  or they let you go? I have never known anyone  that they just let sign them selves out and walk out the door.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2002, 09:16:00 PM »
Kenterprises, I was in for 7 months, I pulled myself (needed to have a conversation for a few hours with staff and the administrators.. so they could bullshit their way into keeping me if I "fell into their trap")
My memory is a bit hazy on when I was pulled, I want to say the same day, but I don't know how soon it was after I requested it.. I just know once I was 18 I got the hell out of there!

They tried to stand me up in group a week before my 18th birthday and said "Susan, tell us what's going on with you" I said "I am struggling with my parents understanding at the moment" they totally didn't want to hear that and asked me "what I mean is, what are you going to do when you turn 18?".. the whole group was watching and I bullshitted my way into being so confident that in every "rap" session a different staff member stood me up and I made sure I gave them the same line of crap and told them "I don't want to leave for the fact that I want to be able to graduate and know inside myself I'm a recovered drug addict".
They didn't bitch me out or anything, they just asked questions like "how are you so sure you will stay" and I said "I made it this far didn't I?" they had nothing to say after that.

I got the bitch session out of group by staff though when I signed my way out of Straight when I was 18.. they said I would die on the streets from a drug overdose and I wouldn't be a normal person. HA! Boy were they wrong.. I haven't used since my intake and I haven't had a drink in nearly a year.

I am coming to the point in my life now that it really doesn't matter.. I got out when I did and have a wonderful future ahead of me :smile:
usan Minns

Offline EarthMother

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2002, 01:03:00 AM »
Days off on 5th phase were tolerable. I had 7 days off in a row once. I got confronted for taking every damn one of them, but it was worth it. As for specific good days, there weren't any.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2002, 08:48:00 PM »
LOL that is cool.. I think if I took 7 days off in a row I wouldn't have came back (unless I was court ordered to.. that would be different).
Did they set you back for taking so many? or just a "bitch session" (as I liked to call it) because a lot of times people got stood up in group to be bitched out.. not to relate or to tell about a past experience and people have empathy.

You could always tell that a bitch rap was about to take place because they would say "I need to see motivation" or "who wants to talk".. I cringed hearing those phrases I tell ya.
usan Minns

Offline debi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2002, 03:10:00 PM »
Good days??
I am a graduate of "the Seed" after 9 long months...and 2 starts over.

My understanding is that other graduates started the "Straight" program....so it was pretty much the same. Even as I read the songs that you all sang....ours was "the seed indeed is all you need....".

My parents were not allowed to come to the Family nights after the first 3 weeks because my father was always so drunk and beligerent.

All I truly know is that as a parent myself, I worked hard to ensure that my son felt confident within himself, liked himself and learned to make different choices in life.
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" (The Watershed, by the Indigo Girls\"

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2002, 09:06:00 AM »
Good days like anything that stands out in your mind that you felt good about inside of SEED.

I can relate to you about my sister though (I hate using that word "relate".. but what else is there?). Anyway, staff found out in Straight that I used pot with my sister and they didn't allow her to show up anymore, no letters, no talking to her and I couldn't see her at all.
I wasn't able to see her for about 7 months or so (4 months when I was in Straight, and 3 more months because my mom thought I would use again with her). She was away at collage and wasn't staying at home.. she would come home sometimes on weekends to do laundry and my parents had to inform staff if she was to stay over because then the home my parents lived in couldn't be open on the days she was there.
Since she is my only sibling, I was crushed by that.
Straight tried to make her come into the program, but since she was over 18, they couldn't force her. She never got into trouble with the law and she was and is a good student at school.
I'm glad she decided against it, the craziness they put me through is bad enough
usan Minns

Offline EarthMother

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2002, 11:36:00 PM »
I didn't get set back for taking the 7 days off in a row, but another 5th Phaser wrote in the OBS book - something like "Where Are You?"  I wrote something shitty back, got confronted for having a bad attitude and for not coming in on my days off. I still took every one, probably why I was on 5th phase for 6 months. That was one screwed up place.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2002, 07:53:00 AM »
Why is it than when I think of "The Seed" I invariably think of pot seeds?
str8jack-it

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2002, 11:48:00 AM »
what is an OBS book

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2002, 06:44:00 PM »
Never being on 5th phase I really wouldn't know, but I would think it would stand for Obvious Bull Shit? lol.. just kidding.. I really wouldn't know
usan Minns