Author Topic: your teen may need immediate and instant assistance/help  (Read 1940 times)

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
your teen may need immediate and instant assistance/help
« on: January 13, 2008, 04:01:17 PM »
0-25 Points = Low Risk:
When the point total that you calculated ranges from 0-25, your teen may be considered to be in the low risk category. Adolescents and teens in this category may be exhibiting some behaviors that are alarming or disturbing to parents, however many of these behaviors are characteristic for this age category.

26-40 Points = Moderate Risk:
When the point total that you calculated ranges from 26-40 points, your adolescent or teen may be considered to be in the moderate risk category. Adolescents and teens in this category may be exhibiting several behaviors that are alarming or disturbing to parents. Due to the number of behaviors that your child may be exhibiting, there may be need for some concern. Your adolescent or teen may receive assistance and benefit from counseling, extra parental direction and supervision and family activities.

41-75 Points = High Risk:
When the point total that you calculated ranges from 41-75 points, your adolescent or teen may be considered to be in the high risk category. Adolescents and teens in this category may be exhibiting many behaviors that are disturbing and upsetting to parents and are in need of assistance and help. We recommend and suggest individual and family counseling, as well as extra parental direction and supervision. Potential placement of your child may be needed.

76-100 = Needs Immediate Help:
When the point total that you calculated ranges form 76-100, your adolescent or teen may need immediate and instant assistance and help. Adolescents and teens in this category may have engaged in a major and significant number of behaviors that are dangerous, life threatening and unsafe. Immediate and urgent assistance and help and placement of your child is advised and recommended.

***If you checked three or more of the boxes that contain a point value of 5, please refer to the needs immediate help category for a more accurate assessment of your child's situation.

Now mind you, I have a really good teenager.  She fell into category two, just for being a teenager.  I found this assessment to be absolutely ludicrous, by the way, and have posted sheerly for entertainment value.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Lain the Odd

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 04:59:11 PM »
Does your teen have difficulty being patient or waiting for his/her turn?
Does your teen evade participating in family or social activities and events?
Does your teen curse and use profanity? (lol)

ecksdee.
Very soon now the drug will cause the subject to experience a deathlike paralysis together with deep feelings of terror and helplessness. One of our earlier test subjects described it as being like death. A sense of stifling and drowning.
And it is during this period that we have found the subject will make his most rewarding associations between his catastrophic experience and involvement with the violence he sees.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 05:04:25 PM »
I recommend an alternative to that test.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 05:23:36 PM »
I once did once of these and used my memory of myself then that of my younger bro as teens. I was fairly average and fitted category 3. My brother had been something of a handful and he was category 5.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 06:59:53 PM »
THAT was a great test.  LOVED it.  :)

Most of that stuff can be found in MY living room, 'cept I use real playdoh.  I say it's because of the little one...hahahaa.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Lain the Odd""
Does your teen have difficulty being patient or waiting for his/her turn?
Does your teen evade participating in family or social activities and events?
Does your teen curse and use profanity? (lol)

Shall I post the whole list then?  These questions really are on it...part of what amused me about the test.  My straight A, honor student, scout fell into category two.  Gimme a break.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »
Check all that apply.

Does your teen fall short in completing assigned tasks? (1 point)
Well, DUH.

Does your teen fail to follow directions or instructions? (1 point)
Every day... :roll:

Does your teen have difficulty with organization and orderliness? (1 point)
HAHAHAHAHAHAAA. :rofl:

Does your teen show signs of hyperactivity at inappropriate times (which may be a symptom of ADHD)? (1 point)

Does your teen have difficulty focusing or concentrating during tasks (a symptom of ADD/ADHD)? (1 point)
Or perhaps a sign of being a teenager?

Does your teen fail to complete tasks that require effort regardless of the future importance or significance of the task (i.e. school work)? (1 point)
Schoolwork is fine, other things not so much...

Does your teen have difficulty being patient or waiting for his/her turn? (1 point)
Duh. :roll:

Does your teen interrupt conversations or interfere with tasks that he/she is not directly involved in? (1 point)
Um, every member of my household thinks that once I'm on the phone, I need to be asked a question or three.

Does your teen challenge you and attempt to negotiate and/or manipulate in order to avoid consequences? (1 point)
Does forcing me to do Tae Bo count???

Does your teen rationalize harmful or negative behaviors by blaming others? (1 point)

Does your teen fail to follow through with commitments or "promises"? (1 point)

Does your teen engage in emotional or mental bullying or humiliation of others? (1 point)

Is your teen unwilling to acknowledge the impact of his/her behavior on family and friends? (1 point)

Is your teen unable or unwilling to accept and/or understand other points of view? (1 point)
Hah. :roll:

Does your teen utilize deception, dishonesty and manipulation in order to change others' points of view? (1 point)

Is your teen unable or unwilling to engage in effective and successful problem solving strategies? (1 point)

Does your teen have mood swings or outbursts at least once per week? (1 point)
A teenager & FEMALE.  Puhleaze. :rofl:

Does your teen frequently break curfew? (1 point)

Does your teen persistently annoy and irritate others? (1 point)
Oh man, mine gets the AWARD for this one.  :rofl:

Does your teen become easily angered or annoyed? (1 point)
Teenager... :roll:

Does your teen refuse to abide by the request of adults and/or authority figures? (1 point)
Did I make the request???

Does your teen evade participating in family or social activities and events? (1 point)
Teenager!

Does your teen accuse and blame others for inappropriate behaviors and/or mistakes?(1 point)

Does your teen ignore or neglect to follow house rules? (1 point)
Eating in the bedroom, AGAIN!!!

Does your teen argue and fight about insignificant or unimportant events? (1 point)
Teeeenager...(how many times do I gotta say this...?)

Is your teen anxious, nervous, restless and easily agitated with others? (1 point)
If I'm the "others", then yeah...

Is your teen failing in school? (2 points)

Does your teen curse and use profanity? (2 points)

Does your teen have avoid or have difficulty confiding in others? (2 points)

Is your teen openly defiant and disobedient towards authority figures such as parents and/or teachers? (2 points)

Has your teen undergone therapy or counseling without results? (2 points)

Does your teen go out of the way to make others like him/her? (2 points)
OH DEAR LORD, trying to make FRIENDS!!! :cry2:

Does your teen take things without asking? (2 points)

Does your teen seek revenge? (5 points)
Occasionally...but sometimes I deserve it... :evil:

Does your teen engage in irresponsible, reckless and wild behavior? (5 points)

Does your teen run away from home? (5 points)

Is your teen sexually active? (5 points)

Does your teen damage, destroy and/or steal the property of others? (5 points)

Does your teen engage in self-injurious behaviors (cutting) and/or threaten to inflict self-harm?
(5 points)

Is your teen missing from school without parental consent or been truant more than once this school year? (5 points)

Does your teen engage in cruelty to animals? (5 points)

Is your teen involved in physical fights? (5 points)

Does your teen use alcohol, drugs, including those that are over the counter or prescriptions? (5 points)

Does your teen associate with peers who are not positive influences? (5 points)
My teen associates with other TEENAGERS, yeah, by default. :roll:

Does your teen make decisions based on the decisions of friends? (5 points)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 08:37:34 PM »
I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in the face.

The parent's filling these forms out and believing the results are the first ones that should be sent to get your shit together parenting camp.

Helass pindakass, the barn door is open and the cows are all out. Let's drink the kool aid!

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 10:16:43 PM »
^^this

cept..

flavor aide..