Author Topic: Video of survivor  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Dove

• View Profile
Video of survivor
« on: January 10, 2008, 10:34:28 PM »
He barely made it out alive! The case of Lino was discussed in the forum recently, and recently footage has been recovered from the debacle. This student suffered from frostbite after one of Hyde's wilderness "outpost" trips to Maine.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Video of survivor
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 05:02:00 AM »
Holy Shit!  This is for REAL!!  Here's the description for this clip:

Lino eats popcorn without his hands
    Effort over achievement.
    Added: January 10, 2008
    Category:  Comedy
    Tags:      lino   austen   d'anna   hyde   woodstock   popcorn   frostbite   abuse   hand   hands   cripple   outpost   attitude   wilderness   2/4   injury
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6YuW5i5wY8[/list]
    For those interested, recent discussion of Lino came up HERE.

@Dove:  Did they really have to amputate his thumb, or was that gallows humor?
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Video of survivor
    « Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 04:48:34 PM »
    Okay folks, if you didn't see it today, you may have missed it.  The photo of Lino's blackened fingers has disappeared (from Dove's post).  Imageshack must have pulled it?!  

UPdate:  Never mind... Pic is back.  Network glitch apparently, that's all...
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 07:35:30 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    Video of survivor
    « Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 06:20:05 PM »
    Please, people get frostbite all the time.  The boy should have more common sense then to run around Maine in the middle of winter without gloves, but then again that is probably how he ended up at Hyde.  The apple does not fall far from the tree you know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    Video of survivor
    « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 12:07:17 AM »
    Quote from: ""Guest""
    Please, people get frostbite all the time.  The boy should have more common sense then to run around Maine in the middle of winter without gloves, but then again that is probably how he ended up at Hyde.  The apple does not fall far from the tree you know.

Careful now, parents!  Sometimes those apples are not what they appear to be!  A well-manicured garden does not always a tasty apple make!

Offline Dove

• View Profile
    Video of survivor
    « Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 01:37:44 AM »
    First, the usual disclaimer: I didn't take the video or the photo, I found them online. It's not like I'll find myself talking to a Gauld ever again, but I don't want anyone's alumni mug to be in danger because of me.

He didn't end up losing the thumb, although for a long while it was very uncertain. He probably has some permanent damage. I remember, people would say he should have sued the school. :)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    Video of survivor
    « Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 05:27:15 AM »
    I had frostbitten toes once in Alabama. No fun those.. nothing quite that bad though...

Prolly looking at some nerve damage at the minimum. So why was this posted as comedy? Can't say much about it seems very amusing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    Video of survivor
    « Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 05:28:10 AM »
    Quote from: ""Dove""
    First, the usual disclaimer: I didn't take the video or the photo, I found them online. It's not like I'll find myself talking to a Gauld ever again, but I don't want anyone's alumni mug to be in danger because of me.

He didn't end up losing the thumb, although for a long while it was very uncertain. He probably has some permanent damage. I remember, people would say he should have sued the school. :)

Well little Lino did the right thing.  Hyde taught him a great character lesson: wear gloves when it is cold out.  If you don't your fingers will freeze and Mom and Dad and all of their money can't fix it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    Video of survivor
    « Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 09:57:18 AM »
    Damn straight that is permanent damage!!  That skin is fucking black as death and rotting off!  Why wouldn't he sue the school?  Is he washed or something?

Hes gonna run into problems down the line.  This ain't over as far as healing of his hand, thumb are concerned.  Did the school pay for physical therapy?  He can sstill sue!

captcha: camping braced

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    Video of survivor
    « Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 11:03:53 AM »
    Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
    I had frostbitten toes once in Alabama. No fun those.. nothing quite that bad though...

Prolly looking at some nerve damage at the minimum. So why was this posted as comedy? Can't say much about it seems very amusing.

Why are pretty much ALL of the Hyde YouTube stuff posted as comedy?  If you dont laugh, you might be crying.  Hyde is a very bad joke.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Video of survivor
    « Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 04:29:26 PM »
    Quote from: "Che Gookin"

Perhaps — if Hyde gives them legal grief — they can claim it was a parody or something of that ilk.  Although I don't think anyone familiar with Hyde School will make such a misidentification.  Lino is very lucky that he didn't lose something.  And fingers, let alone the thumb, are pretty critical things to lose or experience impairment in.

Why did Lino's family not sue?  This seems to be a familiar theme at Hyde.
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:46:20 PM by Ursus »

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
    Re: Video of survivor
    « Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 11:59:47 PM »
    Quote from: ""Dove""
    He barely made it out alive! The case of Lino was discussed in the forum recently, and recently footage has been recovered from the debacle. This student suffered from frostbite after one of Hyde's wilderness "outpost" trips to Maine.

linosfrostbittenhandru6
    Quote from: ""Che Gookin""

What the bloody hell is wrong with you pussy-whipped panty-waists anyhow?!  I figure that as long as Lil Lino still has workable stumps, he's good to go!  Ever stop to think, ya IDIOTS, that maybe he was little too fast with the fingers beforehand, eh?

Hell, if'n it were legal, I'd have the whole lot of you nimrod knuckleheads physically castrated if I could get away with it, har har!  That being too difficult, I do me job with yer white matter, har har har har!!  There's only room fer ONE virile stud on campus, an I'M The MAN!!

Hoping fer Hawaii on this one,
    Joseph W. Gauld, The Educator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 06:52:10 AM »
    Joe,

It is always good to hear from you.  You are an inspiration to us all, reminding us always to strive for our personal best and how easy it can be to make a buck in this great land of ours.  You sir, are a great American.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 10:54:52 AM »
    How are Lino's hands doing?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 12:48:05 PM »