Author Topic: My account of wilderness accident at RMA [broken ankle]  (Read 5779 times)

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
sheeppo
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 04:02:54 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
and as I was saying
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 04:04:58 PM »
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: My account of wilderness accident at RMA [broken ankle]
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 03:18:53 AM »
Hey.... Bodine here. For the record- I am middle eastern (well, half) and I WASN'T constipated. That was Alex Wong, fer chrissake. I twisted my ankle. No ice cream spoon was ever stuck up my ass, thank god. Alex was the guy that could-and did- go a month without shitting occasionally. But that's funny- I appreciate your retrospective concern for the safety of my ass....

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 12:02:15 AM »
Quote from: "coolhand37"
Hey.... Bodine here. For the record- I am middle eastern (well, half) and I WASN'T constipated. That was Alex Wong, fer chrissake. I twisted my ankle. No ice cream spoon was ever stuck up my ass, thank god. Alex was the guy that could-and did- go a month without shitting occasionally. But that's funny- I appreciate your retrospective concern for the safety of my ass....

I think the longest I went at RMA without shitting was when I first got there... about fourteen days. For some reason I still have this free-form association with the two man saw. I would go down to the wood corral in the morning, and  as we were being checked out for tools, I would notice one of the no-longer-used two man saw blades that was displayed over the toolshed doorway, and for some reason, that would always remind me that I had not yet taken a shit since I got there. I'd see it, and I'd say to myself "Aw man, I still haven't taken a shit." So in the few times since then it has gotten to that point (normally after some sort of surgery where I am on painkillers) I always see that fucking saw in my mind.

And as for the worst injury I ever saw during my time, that was easily D., one of my peer groupies. He broke his fucking neck by falling into a shallow spot in the pond. Probably the only time I ever saw an ambulance on campus. He had to be fitted with a halo and everything and was gone from the school for months. The one good thing that came out of that was that he was fortunate enough to miss the summit.

The one big thing I recall about it was that his parents' insurance refused to cover it with the surgeon they wanted to use, who was probably the best of the best, from what I remember, so they had to pay out of pocket. Fucking insurance companies.

He had to about as close to a complete recovery as you can have regarding that. He's fully ambulatory. He actually got in touch with me not too long ago, and is quite successful.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 12:05:15 AM »
why didn't you take a shit for 2 weeks?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 12:22:36 AM »
Oh lord.... I didn't realize you guys were still going on about this thread...

How many of you were actually there when Bobby, cough my brother, broke his ankle anyway?

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 01:48:38 AM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
why didn't you take a shit for 2 weeks?

how the fuck should I know? Probably stress, change in diet, change in environment, change in hoop.

also, I wasn't there when your brother broke his ankle, che.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
the stress of contemplating not taking a shite for 2 weeks just made me go twice in the last 7 minutes.

I assume this monumental shite it took more than 5 minutes. Therefore you were out of agreement. Write a dirt list and give it to Tim Brace.

Technically speaking, toilet stalls are gravity feed bio-turd baths. A turd bath is kin to a shower. If your turd is submerged for more than 5 minutes and you're still sitting on porcelain - it qualifies as a shower. Your turd is your self made brown and visible. Just like your work is your love made visible.

It's in the geneva convention - look it up.

Offline stina

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 09:22:19 PM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
the stress of contemplating not taking a shite for 2 weeks just made me go twice in the last 7 minutes.

I assume this monumental shite it took more than 5 minutes. Therefore you were out of agreement. Write a dirt list and give it to Tim Brace.

Technically speaking, toilet stalls are gravity feed bio-turd baths. A turd bath is kin to a shower. If your turd is submerged for more than 5 minutes and you're still sitting on porcelain - it qualifies as a shower. Your turd is your self made brown and visible. Just like your work is your love made visible.

It's in the geneva convention - look it up.

good lord. and to think i'd almost forgotten the scope of your verbosity.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.