Author Topic: Lulu Corter gets her day in court, Newton in bankruptcy  (Read 4685 times)

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
Lulu Corter gets her day in court, Newton in bankruptcy
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2003, 08:02:00 AM »
You leave the program on 4th or 5th phase, can't find stability out there

I have held fast to a theory that I developed about 4 or 5 years ago about Senior Staff and their relapse rate. (64% in Cincinnati)

It has long been my opinion that when a Senior Staff member leaves Straight. (Either through relapse or good standing, it doesn't seem to matter which) They have a great deal of difficulty finding stability out there.  They have been so used to calling the shots and being in charge that when they get a job in the real world, suddenly they find themselves being just another employee and not the boss as it were. On top of that no one they work with cares that they used to be a Senior Staffer. This begins to get to them and their egos can't handle it.  It is such a traumatic revelation to them that it's like being started over and before they know it they've relapsed BUT the staff/family induced fear doesn't kick in as strong as someone who was never on Staff. Again, their ego's won't allow it.

This might seem strange to some, but I know that ever since I left Staff in April 1984 I've put every job I've had and compared it to the chain of command. I try to see where I'd fit today. Junior, Senior, Supervisor etc. Take into consideration that I never even made it off Trainee.  Can you imagine how a former Senior Staff member feels?  

I know this probably seems a little strange that I do this.  I can't really explain why it is that I do this comparision. I just know that ever since I left Staff I do it.  

Another thing, I don't blame Straight for this 100% although there is some responsibility there to be had no doubt about it.  There is a decision that each of us makes each day to either remaian sober or not. I cannot in good faith blame Straight if I should one day relapse.  When or if they day comes, it will be my decision and nothing to do with Straight.

I am writting an article on Senior Staff Relapse that goes into much more detail that I have done so here.  When I get a chance I will finish that article and post it over at my group.

Have a blessed day.

Don
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2003, 06:43:00 PM »
Don, I think that goes right to the heart of it. People stay in cults and other abusive relationships becuase the relationship has replaced their own identity. Outside of that artificial structure, they are pretty irrelavent.

That's why cops, as good as they may be and as well intended, cling like life itself to prohibition. Without a glorious war, elite special forces (SWAT,Area Narcotics Task Forces, etc.) and all that abides the drug war, who is a cop in the greater scheme of things? Face it, today's snitch culture would regard Andy Griffith as a complete pussy.

"The Libertarian Party is a coalition of those who hold dear the economic freedoms championed by conservatives, yet abandoned by Republicans, and the civil freedoms championed by liberals, yet abandoned by Democrats."

--Rick Root

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2003, 09:56:00 PM »
Anonymous - You touched on a few interesting points here...

I think I developed a "split personality" in Straight. One that was a "superman".

Like the nazi party, straight taught us that we were a 'superior breed' that must not contaminate itself with the "druggie" element. Yes, and we were so vulnerable that we couldn't make it outside of the plastic bubble.  :scared:

I developed a serious binge drinking problem AFTER Straight, NOT BEFORE. I was taking LSD and pot mostly before Straight.

:silly:  Same here...hmmmm....

But back to my reply, they pretty much had us in a place where anything that we did to break away was revealing our "drugginess", it is sad and bizarre that we were misdiagnosed in the thousands. With scarlet letter D's draped around our necks, we were banished from normal society.

Very well put. It's too bad you are an anonymous...sorry, I had to add that in...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2003, 05:21:00 AM »
I am trying out a different keyboard. The other one was giving me numbers and stuff when I hit letters, very frustrating. I suspect that a little one spilled some ominous liquid on the other keyboard. The little one will be "anonymous" but she knows who she is. At any rate, this keyboard is working fine.

Mr. Froderick13, I am as anonymous as you are. What you read of my posts is me. The words I write, are me. What I am saying is, my life is an open book. All you have to do is read the words I say, to know more about me. I do not hide any thing in my words. My real name, for example, doesn't define me. If you did a background check on me once you learned my real name. That would not be conclusive either. For that would only reveal me at my worst and probably at a time when I drank a little too much. So, knowing my name, though it might be interesting, wouldn't tell you all that much about who I really am, just what my parents named me.

I like being anonymous because people respond to my words, not my name, nor even my reputation. I think we would all enjoy posting anonymously if we had our druthers. I think there would be disappointment if people were to find out my name here. Kinda like, "is that all? boy, does that suck, I liked you better when you were nameless." So, I just respond to thougts that are posted here because that is more of an accurate description of who we are than even our names. We are what we say, unless we are pretending to be John Travolta or something retarted like that. :roll:

But you and I seem alot alike, if you ever liked the Butthole Surfers, and we were probably siamese twins separated from each other at birth. I hardly know anyone who gets excited about them. I don't listen to them much anymore. My wife gets irritated if I ever play "The Hurdy Gurdy Man". She's like "grow up already". She's always right. I shouldn't be listening to them anymore, they're way too obnoxious for my tastes nowadays. They are too much fun, too much excess, too psychotic. Ha ha. But, I am not too mature to appreciate a good Whitesnake classic:

"Here I go again on my own
 Duh nuh di di duh nuh (guitar)
 Goin' down the only road I've ever know-oon
 Di di duh nuh (guitar)
 Like a twister I was born to walk alone.
 Di di duh nuh
 But I've made up my mind....
 I ain't wastin' no more time
 But here I go again
 Here I go again
 Here I GAAAOOOOOOOUUUUUU!" (high pitched scream)

I used to criticize this kind of music. But now I love it! I heard it coming home from work and it made me so ridiculosly happy and I don't know why!

Like a twister I was born to walk alone. I love that!

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »
I'm with you, Anon. Sorry for rattling your cyber-cage, lol. You go ahead and post as whoever the hell you want, it's a free country (in theory at least.) I agree that the content is much more important than any identity. If you don't mind though, I'll refer to you (at least in my own mind) as "Butthole Surfers Anonymous"  :cool:
I've never heard anything that I've liked by Whitesnake, but maybe I'll check out that song...what's it called? "Like a twister I was born to walk alone" (?)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2003, 12:59:00 PM »
Thought it was "like a drifter"

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2003, 01:01:00 AM »
Fister?  I don't even know her.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2003, 02:41:00 AM »
If it's "like a drifter" I no longer dig it. It sounded so independent and destructive, if not altogether dangerous. Now he sounds like a bum who couldn't keep a job and was on the run from creditors like Harry and Lloyd. I guess "twisters don't walk...alone" do they? I need to go get drunk now. Please excuse me.

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2003, 11:43:00 AM »
My mother-in-law thought CCR's line, "There's a bad moon on the rise," was, "there's a bathroom on the right."

CL

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2003, 01:49:00 PM »
"Fister?...."I don't even KNOW her"  
Funny JDavid! :lol:

Purple Haze..."'scuse me while I kiss this guy"

How did a thread about Lulu morph into song parody posts anyway...?

Anon~~Whitesnake is touring, Rudy Sarzo is a great bass player and Coverdale is "hollywood" as ever; has skin pulled as tight as Joan Rivers...It is a good show though!

Offline gduncan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2003, 04:16:00 PM »
I go to straights.com to read the article about the settlement- how about that picture of Miller?  Oh my God! He looks soooo :flame: EVIL :flame: ! He hasn't changed a bit since I last saw him 23 years ago.  Well, according to my good old Straight awareness ( :lol: LOL :lol: ), Mr. Newton's body language tells me a lot- he's angry, he's being rebellious, he's being defiant, and he's closing off from the group.  I wonder what he was thinking about while he was sitting there.  Hmmm...

Top 10 things Miller's thinking:

10. "I better split soon or else."
 9. "I'm going to write a searching and fearless moral inventory about this tonight."
 8. "I think I'll carve my arms. Now, where did I put that pen?"
 7. "I can't wait to get home and smoke a joint."
 6. "Damn, what are the words to that Serenity prayer?"
 5. "Gee, I hope I get 4th phase this week."
 4. "I'm glad they didn't ask me about that guy-guy relationship or that night with the neighbor's dog!"
 3. "Should I rock out to Metallica or Led Zeppelin?"
 2. "I knew those anger management classes wouldn't help!"
 1. "I wonder if I'm going to get started over for this?"

[ This Message was edited by: gduncan on 2003-07-18 13:22 ]

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2003, 05:19:00 PM »
I saw that picture too.  He's deciding whether to brutally misbehave and get thrown on the floor or just go jello.  Whatever it is, his main wish is to cop out.

[ This Message was edited by: JDavid on 2003-07-18 14:20 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2003, 09:13:00 PM »
Check it out
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=10#14838

It is the absolute right of the state to supervise the formation of public opinion.

--Joseph Goebbels

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2003, 01:49:00 PM »
On 2003-07-18 18:13:00, Antigen wrote:

"Check it out

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=10#14838

It is the absolute right of the state to supervise the formation of public opinion.

--Joseph Goebbels

"

Could you imagine if ANY of US looked like that in group? There would have been hell to pay! What a fucking dildo. (Please note: He's not even a real Penis.)

CL