Author Topic: Parents who put their kids in program don't care about them  (Read 5862 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Parents who put their kids in program don't care about them
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2008, 02:34:44 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
You are hurting kids that might not get the treatment they need by scaring away parents. You seem to be stuck in the past, I hope you can get on with your life. Clinical studies show that long term residential treatment is the only treatment that works. I will not kick my son out of the house, but if he does not abide by the rules he is, in essence, kicking himself out. You are angry at what people did to you in the past, let it go. We are CARF accredited, isn’t that enough proof for you? You are hurting families that need our help. You’re wasting your time, you’ll be protesting until you’re dead. I didn’t understand things like addiction, codependency, and tough love before I found the program [/color]. Now I see that it is a dangerous situation and this treatment is absolutely necessary. If these kids don’t go into the program, they will end up insane, in jail or dead.

Oh how sweet!!!!!! Look at this newly brainwashed parent learning cult speak. Oh my how precious it is to see the program get a hold of a weak mind and mold it the way they want it. But sadly before too long she will be taking out a second mortgage on their home because the program will tell her that her son has made such wonderful progress, however he's just not ready (just an excuse to dig a little deeper in the pocket).

Rather than this happening to other parents, try family counseling. The original poster is a sell out to not dealing with family, she blames it on the kid alone and therefore it has to be fixed......[/color]Wrong!!!!!![/color]

The whole family must do work that can be done outside of a program.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2008, 03:39:07 PM »
Clinical studies show that long term residential treatment is the only treatment that works.

This is the same thing that Straight Inc. and it's other spinoffs would tell parents. Part of their standard sales pitch as it were.

We are CARF accredited, isn’t that enough proof for you?

That and $5.00 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

I didn’t understand things like addiction, codependency, and tough love before I found the program.

This is almost as bad as Ron L. Hubbard's brainwashing that goes on in "The Church Of Scientology."

Just pure cult speak.

Now I see that it is a dangerous situation and this treatment is absolutely necessary. If these kids don’t go into the program, they will end up insane, in jail or dead.

More of the cult speak with a touch of the salesman's song and dance. Also if you will notice that this alot of the same model that Straight and it's spinoffs used. Brainwashing and manipulating tactics on parents.

Hell..... Open your own eyes and see the truth.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2008, 05:11:24 PM »
You are hurting kids that might not get the treatment they need by scaring away parents. You seem to be stuck in the past, I hope you can get on with your life. Clinical studies show that long term residential treatment is the only treatment that works. I will not kick my son out of the house, but if he does not abide by the rules he is, in essence, kicking himself out. You are angry at what people did to you in the past, let it go. We are CARF accredited, isn’t that enough proof for you? You are hurting families that need our help. You’re wasting your time, you’ll be protesting until you’re dead. I didn’t understand things like addiction, codependency, and tough love before I found the program. Now I see that it is a dangerous situation and this treatment is absolutely necessary. If these kids don’t go into the program, they will end up insane, in jail or dead.

Good post.  Time to do more forward thinking and focus on what is working today.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2008, 05:16:37 PM »
Good post. Time to do more forward thinking and focus on what is working today.

Because people still abusing other people shouldn't be stopped, right? The victims should just 'let go' and 'move on' and let more people be abused so they too can 'grow' and 'let go' and 'move on'  :roll:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2008, 05:21:36 PM »
You are hurting kids that might not get the treatment they need by scaring away parents. You seem to be stuck in the past, I hope you can get on with your life. Clinical studies show that long term residential treatment is the only treatment that works. I will not kick my son out of the house, but if he does not abide by the rules he is, in essence, kicking himself out. You are angry at what people did to you in the past, let it go. We are CARF accredited, isn’t that enough proof for you? You are hurting families that need our help. You’re wasting your time, you’ll be protesting until you’re dead. I didn’t understand things like addiction, codependency, and tough love before I found the program. Now I see that it is a dangerous situation and this treatment is absolutely necessary. If these kids don’t go into the program, they will end up insane, in jail or dead.

I read this same spiel only yesterday, in PV's latest propaganda PDF:

Quote from: ""PV Lackey""
First, there is much confusion in the general public about the kinds of facilities where these things have occurred and facilities such as Peninsula Village. That confusion has caused some parents to not place their children in residential treatment when needed. Such decisions will certainly cause some adolescents to spiral further out of control and face even greater dangers because of the lack of treatment.[/i]

...and just as many dangers because of the treatment.  Also, there's much confusion about the licenses held by PV's Bob Pegler, the author of the above drivel.  More about that later.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""

First, there is much confusion in the general public about the kinds of facilities where these things have occurred and facilities such as Peninsula Village. That confusion has caused some parents to not place their children in residential treatment when needed. Such decisions will certainly cause some adolescents to spiral further out of control and face even greater dangers because of the lack of treatment.[/i]

...and just as many dangers because of the treatment.  Also, there's much confusion about the licenses held by PV's Bob Pegler, the author of the above drivel.  More about that later.

this why many of the readers become a little leery of the stories here.  People come on here and say they are abused but then when parents want to know what programs are bad the response is "They all are"!  and the ones claiming abuse dont specify a program or person (like the old shell game).  We get the feeling sometimes that many here are just kids who are pissed at their parents or embellishing stories to get back at a staff member or school they didnt like.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2008, 05:56:55 PM »
This is called "blame the victim," and it's quite common among people who support abusive programs.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2008, 06:01:09 PM »
This is called "blame the victim," and it's quite common among people who support abusive programs.

I think it is just the opposite of "Blame the parents" which is common among fornits posters.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2008, 06:20:01 PM »
Quote from: ""Finally, a way to afford a new trailer""

You can read now?

Well, ‘spose that as a semi-employed, failed musician and drunk, you’ve the free time to make up for the wasted life, spent "wasted", and attained literacy.

Good timing, as suing a hospital’s your only chance for material gain with that résumé, eh cupcake? (wink, wink) There'll be alot of character witnesses availble, though, who can testify to your "issues", and about your "wandering hands"...

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2008, 06:20:29 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Quote from: ""ZenAgent""

this why many of the readers become a little leery of the stories here.  People come on here and say they are abused but then when parents want to know what programs are bad the response is "They all are"!  and the ones claiming abuse dont specify a program or person (like the old shell game).  sometimes that many here are just kids who are pissed at their parents or embellishing stories to get back at a staff member or school they didnt like.

I'm sorry - was I not specific enough about the program, the author, and reasonable doubt about his credibility?  Are you familiar with the PV thread and the opinions expressed about Bob Pegler by former patients and parents?  

Old shell game, huh? "We[/b] get the feeling..."  There's that phantom group you always speak for, your silent Moral Majority.  Everyone's more than a little leery of you, wretched program pimp.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2008, 06:40:31 PM »
Now that's simply not true.  My child excelled at Peninsula Village and became a respectful young person who has a future.  It also quit making poopie on the couch, fetches my newspaper, and my brain looks like a BB ROLLING DOWN FOUR LANES OF HELL'S HIGHWAY, BECAUSE I'M A FUCKIN' TROLL!  I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT PENINSULA IS, BUT I'LL DEFEND IT BECAUSE IT'S PART OF MY INDUSTRY, DAMN ALL OF YOU!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »
You are hurting kids that might not get the treatment they need by scaring away parents. You seem to be stuck in the past, I hope you can get on with your life. Clinical studies show that long term residential treatment is the only treatment that works. I will not kick my son out of the house, but if he does not abide by the rules he is, in essence, kicking himself out. You are angry at what people did to you in the past, let it go. We are CARF accredited, isn’t that enough proof for you?

What program do you represent, probable fictitous entity?

i guess this has to be satire, it's so bizarre.

he never answered the question of what program he represented, so i guess that's the conclusion to draw. Either that or, as usual, he's an anon staff/owner who's establishment is threatened, and his method of dealing with it is his song and dance here

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Finally, a way to afford a new trailer""

You can read now?

Well, ‘spose that as a semi-employed, failed musician and drunk, you’ve the free time to make up for the wasted life, spent "wasted", and attained literacy.

Good timing, as suing a hospital’s your only chance for material gain with that résumé, eh cupcake? (wink, wink)

Jealous, Pookie?

There'll be alot of character witnesses availble, though, who can testify to your "issues", and about your "wandering hands"...

Who proofreads for you, muttonhead?  You need to spend a little time "wasted" and improve your spelling.  Fact gathering seems troublesome to you, as well:

1.Full-time employed.
2.Not a musician.
3.Failed drunk.

...and I quit drinking without a program of any kind.  It didn't take losing a wife and kids to make me quit either...

What the hell does my character have to do with PV?  You're grasping at air, putz.  Glad you feel compelled to lash out, though.

I never got investigated for child abuse like one character involved in this "drama". So let's talk about your "wandering hands", Muffin.  How's tricks, dickhead?

See ya in the Circus, Winkie.  Kisses to your fucked-up family.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2008, 02:01:24 AM »
Zen, the dood is sucking on Stokholm coolaid like an asthmatic sucks on a puffer.  Ignore him.