Author Topic: Lulu's Trial  (Read 20254 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »
From the str8 board by anon:

I think the reason that so many kids "sat in their shit" at Straight is because Miller wanted to satisfy some kind of sick need--some kind of weird shit fetish. Wonder if Ruthie ever made him do it at home...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
    • http://360.yahoo.com/cleopatra2u
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2004, 12:28:00 AM »
On 2004-02-25 21:08:00, Froderik13 wrote:

"if it can happen for 2-3 years, (like it did to many of us) then it could happen for longer."

Point well made, Froderik.  I'd still like to hear from some people who went to KIDS, though...  Hopefully just to tell me that 4-year, 5-year, 6-year, and longer programs were all aberrations; that only a handful of people were unfortunate enough to be abused for that long.

Of all the similar evils I've read about here and elsewhere, KIDS takes the cake.  I surely hope there aren't any other programs out there that could steal so much of a person's life away.

~ M
he trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2004, 12:53:00 AM »
Cleo, I read your post a couple of times and I tried to come up with some kind of devil's advocate answer and I could come up with nothing.  It really made me feel sad.  I had no answer as to how a child could virtually disappear for 13 years.  Frod made a gallant attempt...I tossed the beaurocracy idea around for a few, but...it's all shit excuses.  This is the cult taken to it's 'enth' degree.  That's the only thing I can come up with and it's not much of an explanation.  The Newtons were sadistic, narcissistic, ego-maniacal guru wannabes who would stop at nothing, including exploiting their own childrens' problems, for their own glory and gratification...PERIOD.  I can still see that fucker in open meetings feeling so smug and sanctimonious and self-righteous, basking in the unconditional devotion his flock (parents) so willingly gave him.  ::puke::

I don't think people will ever understand how many lives he utterly and completely destroyed.  My family will never be the same.  My father ended up being one of Newtons pets.  He was and is so much like Newton it is frightening.  He even looks like him, just different color hair.  I married another grad and we had two kids.  The entirety of my immediate family (step mom, sister and brother too, dad married another program parent) was in or from Straight.  I was talking tonight aobut how I feel like I've been surrounded by Straight STILL up until the last 3 or 4 years when my dad quit talking to me.  Every fucking move or mistake I made was announced to everyone, judged, ideas about what to do with MY KIDS passed around, even had them taken away.  If it just had gone through HRS, it wouldn't have been done that way, but because they got Straight lawyers and Straight connected judges, they got the kids for a while.  Then when I DID get them back, the threat of having them taken was always over my head.  I don't deny that I've had my share of problems with drugs since getting out of Straight (mostly prescriptions that I got hooked on while taking for legit reasons) but it continued to be dealt with like Straight until dad and I quit talking.  Amazing how this intense anger seems to have surfaced in me at just about the same time as I was finally able to tell them all to fuck off.  

Didn't mean to ramble on there...I guess I found sort of an answer in all that. Even though my family didn't see or speak to Newton or anyone else from Straight after I got out, the effects lingered on for 20 years.  

Where powers are assumed which have not been delegated, a nullification of the act is the rightful remedy.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson: Kentucky Resolutions, 1798

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2004, 12:54:00 AM »
Damn, I am REALLY tired...I'm not sure if that post made sense or not.  I feel like I've got so much shit running around in my head and when I get tired like this, it comes out all jumbled together and sometimes makes sense to no one but me.  

In order to live free and happily you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice.
-- Richard Bach

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »
It made sense..one question though: What were you referring to with the "beaurocracy idea" thing? I'm not sure what you meant..

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »
just trying to find an answer to why no one would notice that this kid was just gone for 13 years...maybe she got lost in all the 'red tape'.

Babylon in all its desolation is a sight not so awful as that of the human mind in ruins.
-- Scrope Davies: Letter to Thomas Raikes, May 25, 1835.

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
    • http://360.yahoo.com/cleopatra2u
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »
Cayo,

Yes, your post made sense.  It illustrates how much control Miller Newton has had over people.

I did some further reading about Lulu's case, in particular the Preliminary Statement requesting the denial of the Newtons' motion to dismiss the case because it was filed after the statute of limitations.  According to this document, "After so many years in a program of isolation, control and brainwashing, (Lulu) felt uncertain whether she was wrong or right in her wishes to leave. She felt incompetent to make it in the outside world. She was aware that some members had run away but some had been forcefully returned. The reach of Miller Newton seemed wide and strong and she feared him."

Damn the Newtons for, to use your terms, sadistically, narcissistically, ego-maniacally manipulating this susceptible young girl...  A girl barely in her teens...  A girl who was, according to the document linked to, "reading on a fourth grade level" when she was first admitted into KIDS...  A girl who, by the program's design, was denied her right to be educated any further.  This makes my blood boil and my heart bleed.  :flame:  I'm so glad that Lulu is doing okay today, and that she got a tidy settlement out of all of this, although all the money in the world can't buy her all that time of her life back.  :cry:  I sincerely hope that a criminal trial comes about as a result of Lulu's and others' civil cases, and that the Newtons be sentenced to spend the rest of their days in the darkest and filthiest of cells our prison system has to offer...  Although prison would likely be more pleasant than KIDS or Straight or The Seed ever was.

As far as the rambling, Cayo, no worries from me.  The therapists I've seen over the years have on several occasions suggested that I start a journal, but I can't bring myself to write in a book with any regularity (it reminds me too much of writing those damned M.I.'s)...  But I've found from making and responding to the posts on these forums -- more often than not, typing much more than I intend to -- that writing is immensely helpful to me in remembering and coming to terms with things that have been buried somewhere inside for so long.

Writing too much once again,
Mindi
he trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2004, 10:36:00 PM »
It's driving me nuts!!!  I've feel like I've got too much running through my head.  I can't type fast enough to get it out thoroughly and completely...it's all over the place and I'm sure hard for you guys to understand.  Sorry about that, can't help it at the moment.

I've got shit right now that I'm dealing with that is STILL being effected by Straight.  It's, yet again, putting up with shit from the ex that I am afraid to speak up about because he and his parents have taken, or threatened to take me to court (custody )more times than I can count.  Every fucking time I do something he or they dont' like, it's court time.  He has been in AA for the last 10 years or so and has a bad anger problem and his parents are true AA/Straight believers who have always hated me and always bailed their 'little boy' out of any trouble he has EVER gotten into.  Including DUI manslaughter.  He's in prison now and I STILL am afraid to deal with this problem because if I do, mommy and daddy will run to an atty and haul my ass back into court.  I don't have the money, time, and most importantly energy to fight with ANYONE anymore.  I just can't fucking take it.  I'm serious.  I've fought these people AND my dad for the last 20 fucking years.  I've had it...I don't have anything left to fight with.  I keep my mouth shut so that my youngest daughter won't be put through custody shit.  

I got hooked on pills for legit back and jaw surgeries and got taken to court and the kids temporarily taken because he was in AA and I was just a fucking drug addict(been off methadone for a year last week).  They crucified me!  Now the tables are turned and HE got hooked, forged a script, got caught, and is in jail. He is pissed at our oldest b/c she didn't get a letter of support for his release to his atty on time(well, not on time according to him, she can send it for the parole hearing in a few weeks, but anyway).  He's trying to say to her (through his parents, she just moved out on her own and doesn't have her phone yet) 'how are you gonna feel if I get sent back to prison for 10 years'.  AAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame: I wanted to blast him the next time he called to talk to the youngest and tell him "how DARE you try and lay that kind of guilt on her" and much, much more...but I didn't cause if I do, he'll run to mommy and daddy, tell them I hit a spliff every now and again and I just don't have the fucking energy to deal with ANOTHER court battle.  I can't fucking WAIT til my youngest turns 18 and I can ONCE AND FOR ALL tell everyone to FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!  THAT pisses me off....I should be enjoying these last years with my last kid in the house but instead, I'm wanting them to rush by.

If it weren't for the fact that my kids have been through enough with all the court shit I would NEVER put up with this kind of crap.  It's not like I'm even really worried that I would lose, it's just that I CAN'T FUCKING FIGHT THESE PEOPLE ANYMORE.  My oldest is almost 19 and on her own doing well, youngest is with me and is scared that we'll have to go back to court, so I shut up.
It just infuriates me that the REASON that the court continues to even HEAR this shit is because the ex and his parents play the Straight/AA card, and it's like automatically, I'm an idiot b/c I don't buy into AA and I HATE Straight.  If it weren't for Straights influence over my ex inlaws and the court/attys, all this custody shit would NEVER have gone as far as it did.  I've had two HRS officials tell me, off the record of course, that they didn't have a problem with anything I did but b/c they made such a stink about it, it went to court.  HRS finally backed out of it altogether.

I feel like I'm hanging onto my sanity by the skin of my teeth.
 :silly:

Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself
--Jimmy Carter

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »
one more thing...I think I'm so much on edge about this because I know the bomb is going to drop soon.  He's going to talk to her and say that to her and she's going to hit the roof and then all hell will break loose because I raised a horrible, backtalking child. :roll:  :roll: I know I CAN deal with this and get through it....again.......I'm just tired, I don't want to be angry anymore, I don't want to fight with them or my dad anymore...I'm done.

Allow the President to invade a neighboring nation whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such purpose, and you allow him to make war at pleasure. Study to see if you can fix any limit to his power in this respect, after having given him so much as you propose. If today he should choose to say he thinks it necessary to invade Canada to prevent the British from invading us, how could you stop him? You may say to him,--"I see no probability of the British invading us"; but he will say to you, "Be silent: I see it, if you don't."
--Abraham Lincoln

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »
Man, that sounds fucked up. You live in FL, don't you? Maybe that's the problem..maybe you all should just fucking move! I'll help you find a place in Balto, just let me know...FUCK THOSE FUCKING ASSHOLES!!

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »
That's the first thing I thought about when this shit started.....I WANNA RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!  I do NOT want to deal with this shit.    :scared:  

I've calmed down a little now, but I still feel like I'm waiting for the bomb to drop.  Thanks for the PMs guys...you helped!! :wave:

They used to burn witches. Today we laugh at them. Today we jail people for marijuana. Tomorrow they'll laugh at us.

--Robert "Rosie" Rowbotham

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »
Ain't that just like a druggie?
Always trying to run away from their problems...

I'm sorry CH, but I *have* to say things like that, for I AM Dr. Fucktard Newton! Love ya...

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »
fire away....doesn't really effect me.  Besides, I think I know who you are. :wink:

The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0451524934/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>O'Brien, the apparatchik

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2004, 01:08:00 PM »
Please PM me with that information.

Thank you,
Dr. Miller Fuckstick

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »
nah, haven't made up my mind yet....think you're one of two people.  

If I am of the opinion that it is inexpedient to assign to the government the task of operating railroads, hotels, or mines, I am not an "enemy of the state" any more than I can be called an enemy of sulfuric acid because I am of the opinion that, useful though it may be for many purposes, it is not suitable either for drinking, or for washing one's hands.
http://www.mises.org/liberal/ch1sec7.asp' target='_new'>Ludwig Von Mises

t. Pete Straight
early 80s