Author Topic: Lulu's Trial  (Read 20256 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2003, 07:53:00 PM »

Virgil, you're closing off! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING!??!!?!?

:rofl:

Man, check out those tell-tale, physiological signs of deceit and contempt. Why, I think this man has a serious druggie attitude problem, don't you? And those bags under his eyes. What do you think; pent up feelings or the mother of all coke hangovers?

G:   "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"
EB:  "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."
-- Somewhere in No Man's Land, BA4

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline dixie lee ann murray

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »
let lulu know that i am happy for her.it's about time something good came for her.i always liked lulu.i've been in host homes with you and my dad buying the house.i'd hear her past and i got to understand and love her person.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »
:rofl: OH, MY GOD !!!  I AM CRACKING UP!!!   WHAT IS HE REBELIOUS??  IF HE WAS NEXT TO ME RIGHT NOW, I WOULD DROP KICK HIS ASS!!!!  LULU, GIRLFRIEND, I LOVE YOU MAN !!  CONGRADULATIONS!!!!    I'LL SEE YOU SOON. PHIL, IT WAS A PLEASURE .  THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME SPEAK MY TRUTH.  TAKE CARE.     JESSICA C.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »
You are sooo funny, Thank you for the BIG laugh, your comment`s next to the f**kers pic was great! Besides being So VERY happy for Miss LuLu ,you made my day....I needed a good laugh,Thanks.

LuLu we spent 5 years together in that hell hole and I have very fond memories being with you.I feel sad thinking of some things we went through but so happy that you have the strenght you have today. I`m glad you came out on the better side of that place. We could let it take us down still today or grow and become stronger people because of our experiences.You are growing in a great direction. You are a piller of strenght for myself and others, Thank You.
Katie Reid {86-91}

PS : Christy ,thank you for being there for LuLu.
     Your "greatness" shines through ! I`ll call you soon, I`ll be in SD in Aug. Take care Katie

Offline TONYJC

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »
hello yu migh remember me im kind of new here but im happy for yu lulu i always didnt know why yu were in kids. it was hard for me to why i was there lol  but im glad you gruw from it n moved on like many of us have done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
EY HOW YOU ALL DOING ?  I SEE MUST OF YOU DOOING GOOD  , THATS GOOD TO KNOW . ME TOO IM GREAT NOW OUT OF HELL AND STILL DOING GREAT   SOMETIMES I CANT EVEN BELIEVE IT MYSELF BUT ITS TRUE   IMMMM ALLL GOODDD SO HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU PEOPLE  I WAS IN KIDS

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2003, 06:54:00 AM »
It looks as if he is saying, I cannot believe I am being confronted about this crap after all these years.  PISSED OFF is what he is.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »
" I do not know if any of this does anything for Newton's victims who are precluded by statutes of limitations from pursuing their own claims. I know it does not give you back the time you lost or remove the bad memories. If knowing that Newton is now an insignificant poor old man gives you satisfaction- enjoy!"

Well Phil, I was one of those early Virgil Miller "got a piled higher and deeper and traded in the station wagon for a Benz" Newton victims. I split, spit and clawed for two years and WON my freedom, over his protests and tortures. His son worked for my dad, and I hated them all.  
Thank you
Your efforts are exemplary and much appreciated.  
Newton destroyed part of my youth, or at least altered it and the fiber I am strung of today.  His tactics were refined in St Pete, and I still shudder when I think of the control and power he wielded fradulently.  To see him broken, once again by you, is vindicating to us who suffered, and puts a piece of my life at peace.
Thank you.
Bill Hadley,
St Pete & Atlanta
12-80/12-82
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »
BTW...
Having linked to this page from the board I usually post to (thanks Ginger)I just realized I am on the KIDS forum.  
So, I wish to tell you all something:  I am sorry.
I split 5 times, conned and worked my ass off to get out.  Then, safe at home, scared it could happen again, I never said a word.
For that I apologize.  
I was 15 when I got out.  Fred Collins had not happend, Lulu was probably 6 or something, and we all let it continue.
It haunts me that for all these years that I could have, I did not.
I went by the old Straight building in St Pete recently at night, on my motorcycle.  Quietly the ghosts in the trees were whispering.  I got out in 1982 and had driven around the place ever since until that night.  
The worst ghosts were the spirits of those who, like you all, came after me.  
I lit a joint (rare for me)right there, and thought about all those kids.
Bill Hadley
STRAIGHT INC
St Pete & Atlanta  
12-80/12-82
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Leanne

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2003, 02:17:00 AM »
Dear Phil,
I am writing to you to ask if I have any legalities preventing me from naming Newton and the programme name KIDS or any other programmes he was involved in as I write my play about an experience my niece went through in her time there. I am aware of some of your involvement as a champion for the survivors of KIDS, so I felt able to approach you re: advice. Thank you for your efforts on behalf of these victims. You can e-mail me directly at [email protected] if you'd like.
Leanne
Foxglove Theatre
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

May the fleas of one thousand llamas infest your armpits
--One ticked off sysadmin

[ This Message was edited by: Leanne on 2003-07-23 23:58 ]

Offline a sibling

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2003, 01:16:00 PM »
Mr. Elberg,

Thank you for bringing Lulu's story to light.  I read your posting to my sister (currently hospitalized for cutting and severe PTSD) and the thought of Newton Miller "not in charge" brought a huge sigh of relief...her only regret was that she was not able to be there and "win some of her life back" by telling her own story.

On behalf of my sister and the hundreds of other KIDS (Bergen County, North Jersey, El Paso, etc.) who need to "tell their story" is it possible to invoke RICO as a way around the statute of limitations.  I read an article on thestraights.com that indicated that RICO was now being used by several attorneys around the country in child abuse cases (the Hare Krishnas in TX, and "SAFE" in CA) with defendents that had exceeded the statute of limitations.  Even though RICO was originally written for organized crime, it "includes provisions for civil cases when someone is harmed by a "pattern" of illegal activity."  Please let me know your thoughts on this...and if you, or anyone you know would be willing to pursue this. There are so many others who need "their day in court."  Thank you, "a sibling of KoBC"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2003, 04:12:00 PM »
I am soooooooooooo happy for Lulu!  I was not thinking for the stuff I had said in one of my other posts a long time ago.  I am soooooo happy you finally got peace from that old bastard!!!!!!  I read your article and case!  I was the one who spent 1 week on second phase.  And then after that the other half of my two years on first.  And one of your newcomers. I saw the shit he did to you and us all!  I wish I could have been there!  You brought Peace and Justice for us all.

GO LULU! ::bigsmilebounce::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »
How did you know Danielle Glixon?   I am trying to find her.  I am an old friend of hers from Fairfax, VA.  I have been trying to find her since 1994.  If you can contact her and tell her about an old friend of her Dagny Lovorn and to find her in Virginia Beach, VA under the married name Connolly and my phone # is the same.  Our mutual friend Jane Louie has also ben searching for her.  If you get this post please email me at [email protected]

Offline tenacious1

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2004, 12:45:00 AM »
thank you Christy, Lulu, and Phil you went through what over a hundred of us kids had endured to achieve some form of justice,,,,,,,thank you.

kb
AY UP SUCKER!

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
    • http://360.yahoo.com/cleopatra2u
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2004, 12:03:00 AM »
Lulu Corter's story is an amazing, ultimately uplifting story that I am glad I came across.  Kudos to her, her lawyer Philip Elberg, and all the former KIDS who supported her both in and out of court. ::ribbon:: :smile:

One thing about this story that, despite its happy ending, gives me chills, is the fact that Lulu was in "treatment" for 13 years!  I believe this to be an aberration, and I hope I am right, but I do recall reading about other young people being detained in KIDS for as many as 4, 5, and 6 years, too.

I know that the Newtons are sick fucks who have no problem squirrelling kids away for years for their own personal, twisted pleasure.  But after more than a couple of years, wouldn't someone question what  had happened/was happening  to the child?  Parents?  Siblings?  Other relatives?  Family friends?  The child's doctors, dentists, teachers?  At least one staff member with some modicum of compassion?!

Would someone from KIDS please explain to me how children could more or less "disappear" for multiple years -- not 1, or 2, or even 3; but 4, 5, 6, even 13 years -- without someone's alarm bells going off?  Someone please help me understand how this could happen.

Thanks,
Mindi
he trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2004, 12:08:00 AM »
Well, hell..my two cents..I wasn't in KIDS, but we know the drill, don't we? I guess if it can happen for 2-3 years, (like it did to many of us) then it could happen for longer. People just lose touch with them or whatever..and life goes on and on.. It does seem almost inconceivable in a way, too..I was  :eek: when I read that 13 years thing too! Goddamn!!! That makes me want to paste in what I'm about to in my next post...