Author Topic: "Your shit is our bread and butter"  (Read 3685 times)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
"Your shit is our bread and butter"
« on: December 20, 2007, 05:34:17 PM »
Unfit parents = Swollen ASPEN Coffers (thanks Bad Bains)

the youth treatment division contributed $46.2 million a year

1. From July 1 to September 30 2007      843 new kids were caught in the CRC net. (Assuming Annual Tuition of $54k was paid up front).

2. 9.3 new Kids per day - for 90 days - is 843 new kids.

3. That's $513,333 dollars per day in new annual tuition payments for new kids ONLY.

843 new kids = 46 million dollars.

You are trying to tell me ASR has a heart of gold and isn't profit driven?

Bain
^
|
|
CRC
^
|
|
Aspen
^
|
|
Academy at Swift River

Broken homes = cash money.

My friends father worked for a sewage utilities company. He wore a shirt one day that had the company's name on the front and on the back it said,

"You're shit is our bread and butter"

Consolidated net revenue for the third quarter of 2007 increased by $56.9 million, or 86.8%, to $122.4 million as compared to $65.5 million for the third quarter of 2006. Of the $56.9 million increase, the youth treatment division contributed $46.2 million and the remaining net revenue growth was driven by net revenue increases of $7.8 million, or 18.5%, and $2.9 million, or 12.5%, in CRC’s residential and outpatient treatment divisions, respectively.

Of the $56.9 million increase, the youth treatment division contributed $46.2 million and the remaining net revenue growth was driven by net revenue increases of $7.8 million, or 18.5%, and $2.9 million, or 12.5%, in CRC’s residential and outpatient treatment divisions, respectively. The net revenue growth in the residential and outpatient treatment divisions was mainly driven by increases of $4.2 million and $0.9 million, respectively, resulting from the 2006 and 2007 acquisitions that were not included in the results of operations for the second quarter of 2006. In addition, same-facility revenue growth in residential and outpatient treatment divisions of $2.8 million, or 6.9%, and $1.0 million, or 4.5%, respectively, resulted from increases in average daily census and net revenue per patient day and contributed to the net revenue growth. The remaining net revenue growth in the residential and outpatient treatment divisions was driven by start-up facilities.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 10:34:55 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »
If they stopped paying you and donated your check to charity I dont think you would be too happy.  No one said ASR was free or non profit....

So every day 9.3 kids enter an Aspen program...imagine how many more throughout the country.  Thats 365 X 9.3 = 3,400 per year (Aspen)... and what percentage of those kids after graduation complain that they had a bad experience or were abused?

Maybe none would be a good answer based on what we read here.... when we put it in perspective like that we can really see that the overwhelming majority of kids are helped out by attending these programs.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »
In 2005 the top 5 CRC executives made a hair under $2 million in compensation.

The tuition from the first 36 kids enrolled every year, $2 million, goes right to the Fat Cat's mansions.

EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION

The following table summarizes the compensation paid to our chief executive officer and our four other most highly compensated executive officers, whom we refer to as our “named executive officers,â€

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 06:32:28 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
when we put it in perspective like that we can really see that the overwhelming majority of kids are helped out by attending these programs.

You wanna back that statement up with some independently gathered statistics?  Aahh... that's right.   There are none, because industry members know that such statistics would likely show the "Fornits side" of the story to be more accurate.  With the money they have, if such statistics could be produced, they would be (but they can't).
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 06:51:48 PM »
If you were a parent and writing a check for about $60k a year would you want it to go to:

1. The corporate fat cat (business as usual) ?

2. The 'alleged' counselor who is 'saving' your child?

I'd sure as fuck want it going to high quality counselors.

I think the going rate in 1994 at Mount Bachelor Academy for a 23 year old CEDU grad with a respectable University Bachelor of Science Degree was between 17 and 22 thousand a year.

I went to the MBA website and randomly clicked on a staff Bio.

Houghton, Steve - Program Counselor II
Drug and Alcohol Counseling Training from San Bernardino Community College, San Bernardino, California;  

Psychology and English Courses, Central Oregon Communicty College

Certificates: Wilderness First Responder

Began at MBA: 1988

Experience with at risk youth: 19

1. He's not a college grad. He's barely a terminal community college student.
2. They don't have the proof reading skills to see that they omitted the word "years" after the number 19.
3. 19 years of yelling at kids in the Oregonian desert because some parents can't get their shit together.
4. I'll bet he doesn't make more than 35k a year.

Boy oh Boy , that's a well spent $60k

Dr. Karlin gets a BMW , Steve Houghton gets piss-ant breadcrumbs, your kid gets mindfucked and your retirement savings gets flushed down the toilet.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 07:29:04 PM »
DDF is on a roll here.  I've enjoyed your contributions the last few days.

Just to confirm what "TBS's" pay...  

As a college grad with a psychology degree I made $24K at HLA in 1994.  You're probably a bit too high at the high end of your estimation for the hacks/quacks/"grads" you were talking about.  In 1994 they would have been paid $15-18K.  That was the going rate back then for the "flagship" "TBS's" like HLA. :roll:
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 08:08:37 PM »
It's my pleasure. I'm grateful for Ginger, Psy and all the folks who started it and keep it going.

Unearthing 19 years of angst feels good - "See this smile? Ear to fucking Ear".

I'll never forget running into a family head 10 years ago in a building. The walls closed in, the oxygen was sucked out of the room and I saw her jaw hit the floor in a fraction of a second.  She couldn't form a sentence. She gazed toward the ground and I could see the guilt and vulnerability consume her.  It was mind blowing. I just smiled and said hello. In that moment I regained a large swath of my identity. The look on her face and the shame she exhibited was the goddam proof in the pudding. The majority of those staff members were fucking jackasses. You take them out of their element and they're spineless, guilt ridden, lost souls.

The industry is polshing the brass on the titantic and charging $150 a day.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 08:48:43 PM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
2. They don't have the proof reading skills to see that they omitted the word "years" after the number 19.
3. 19 years of yelling at kids in the Oregonian desert because some parents can't get their shit together.

I searched around and I didn’t see where there was a requirement to have a college degree to be a Program Counselor II….. maybe you could provide us a link.

As far as salary goes the person is making what he/she thinks their time is worth otherwise they would have said “no thanksâ€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 09:48:26 PM »
The Who needs to give it a rest.
Simple ask ANYONE if they assume, think, believe, "have-the-idea-that" a person who holds the "job of a counselor" PROBABLY HAS A COLLEGE DEGREE..and their answer would be: "Yes, a counselor has a college degree."
Most thinking people would BELIEVE that this counselor   would PROBABLY have a GRADUATE DEGREE; at least a Masters Degree in Psychology.  Few people would expect a counselor to only have a high school education (or less), Mr. Who.

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 09:57:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
The Who needs to give it a rest.
Simple ask ANYONE if they assume, think, believe, "have-the-idea-that" a person who holds the "job of a counselor" PROBABLY HAS A COLLEGE DEGREE..and their answer would be: "Yes, a counselor has a college degree."
Most thinking people would BELIEVE that this counselor   would PROBABLY have a GRADUATE DEGREE; at least a Masters Degree in Psychology.  Few people would expect a counselor to only have a high school education (or less), Mr. Who.

WOW I just had a weird idea. Since there is no formal education requirement to be one of these said "counselors", wonder if just any Joe off of the street can apply for and be hired for the job of "counselor"??? And if they can, I am wondering how easy would it be to destroy these places from the inside....hmmmmmmm

ok, I know this is REALLY far out there, but if the above is true, think about the damage that could potentially be done to these places if there was a way to get in legitimately. 8-)
quot;Of course life is bizarre, the more bizarre it gets, the more interesting it is. The only way to approach it is to make yourself some popcorn and enjoy the show.\"

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don\'t always agree with them. - George Bush

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 10:19:04 PM »
Why doesnt someone just answer the question?  What are the requirements of a counselor II?  Everyone seems to get so pissed when facts are asked for.  Oh a counselor should have a PhD and dispense drugs.  No a counselor should perform therapy ad have a masters degree, no a counselor II is just required to help out with the group and is not required to be college eduacated.  Everyone seems to have a personal opinion but where is the requirement written?  Are they meeting the requirements or not?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 10:20:52 PM »
There is no requirement.

Legally, any idiot can call himself a counselor.

Therein lies the problem.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 10:33:05 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
There is no requirement.

Legally, any idiot can call himself a counselor.

Therein lies the problem.

Thank you, someone understands what the question was.  A counselor can be a psychoanalyst, psychologist, psychiatrist, a life coach, a football coach or a much needed best friend.

Each of these people have very different educational background requirements.  What needs to be done is to look at the requirements of a “Counselor IIâ€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 02:27:12 PM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
If you were a parent and writing a check for about $60k a year would you want it to go to:

1. The corporate fat cat (business as usual) ?

2. The 'alleged' counselor who is 'saving' your child?

I'd sure as fuck want it going to high quality counselors.

I think the going rate in 1994 at Mount Bachelor Academy for a 23 year old CEDU grad with a respectable University Bachelor of Science Degree was between 17 and 22 thousand a year.

I went to the MBA website and randomly clicked on a staff Bio.

Houghton, Steve - Program Counselor II

Drug and Alcohol Counseling Training from San Bernardino Community College, San Bernardino, California;  

Psychology and English Courses, Central Oregon Communicty College

Certificates: Wilderness First Responder

Began at MBA: 1988

Experience with at risk youth: 19

That guy was my "mentor" in phase II. He has no fucking idea what he is doing. Every group he's in, all he does is yell. Every few days he would assign more writing assignments, which is not currently the norm at Mount Bachelor Academy, but he does it, maybe because that's just how he's used to doing things after CEDU or something. I looked over all of the assignments that he gave me the other day... There were times where he would, with no explanation at all, hand me a piece of paper with a list of assignments like "describe your patterns." One of them was literally "Describe your past and present behaviors."  What does that even mean?

Dr. Karlin gets a BMW , Steve Houghton gets piss-ant breadcrumbs, your kid gets mindfucked and your retirement savings gets flushed down the toilet.

Offline beccabbyx

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »
The women in charge of Bromley Brook in VT named Beth Bove
- Frequently spray tans.
- has been caught spending students cash funds.
- drives a Beamer.
- flaunts the fact that she wears designer namebrands. (ie: chanel, gucci, prada)
- is employed to do nothing but interrogate children and have basic typing skills.

I am at this program as we speak, so i'm not really sure you can try to argue with my against the fact that "teen help" is literally translated into a warped language where it means " get rich ".
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
- Nietzche