Author Topic: Interacting with humanity after program  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Interacting with humanity after program
« on: December 19, 2007, 04:00:47 AM »
Afterwards, did you find that you couldn't deal with your old friends?
Did you have to find friends that were less "desireable". By that I mean, did you hold yourself in lower terms, and search for freinds that were less inteligent, "sucessful", or "normal"

Did your former friends abandon you, as you were too damaged and dark?
Could you no longer relate to them as people?

This happened to a girl I know.

Why would she stop being able to relate to people she once loved, and seek out a "lesser" quality of person?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 10:50:10 AM »
No, I hung out with the people I used to hang out with before going in. It was a bit awkward at first, but eventually it was almost like I was never gone, if you can believe that... (I was gone for over two years.) I missed some shows that I would have liked to attend..the Bad Brains for one..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:26:04 AM »
yup. my highschool freinds shunned me. the only people who i stayed freinds with from my old school was my weed dealer and his click.
i transferred into a finishing school full of kids who were once in programs, and i hung out with them alot.
but once i went to college, i found that all the kids from the finishing school were a bunch of nutcases (involved in hard drugs, serious crimes, just plain stupidity), and i broke off all contact with them.
Once in college, i found freinds. i found that there are ALOT of people who get sent away at some point, and they can relate. in many ways, people looked up to me. it was one of those "watch out, that kid has been through some shit, he's tough as fuck" kind of look. my "hard"ness, along with the leadership i learned in the programs, eventually led to me being the class leader in the fraternity i was pledging.
 i dropped out of the frat during pledging - and although technically they are supposed to shun me for life for that, they treat me like one of their own, still. i explained how the pledge proccess was traumatic and causeing flashbacks due to it's simmilarity to what i went through at my program. so although i'm not even IN their frat technically speaking, i am treated like one of them.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 11:36:08 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
yup. my highschool freinds shunned me.

Then they must not have been very good friends to begin with, eh?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 01:16:38 PM »
I went to a high school after my programs which was 6 hours from my hometown, so I guess I was lucky? It allowed me to start over. I started by changing my name, and left the past behind.

The one thing I found to be very odd, was when I first got out I cried when I needed to call 411 for a telephone number. I was afraid they would think I was stupid since I had never done it before.

Oh, one more thing.........I didn't know how to cross a busy intersection. If the walk sign had turned to stop, I didn't know if it was okay to cross or not? If they had no signs to tell me, I really had to think long, and hard about it. I think that is bizarre since I consider myself to be an intelligent human being.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 01:32:18 PM »
My daughter had a very difficult time relating to her friends when she first got home.  She tried fitting in again, smoked pot and drank, but after a few weeks she noticed that they had stood still (didn’t mature at all) the whole time she was gone .  She found herself seeking out new healthier friendships, new school on her own and headed down an entirely different path of her own choosing.  Everyone was extremely proud of her for taking this on.
I think friends would be the biggest challenge for most kids coming out of a program.  
Not relating to your old friends (because you have matured very quickly)and trying to find new friends is a big challenge… social interaction and acceptance is very important at that age.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 01:35:01 PM »
Matured??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 01:36:51 PM »
i'm curious to see if your daughter would say the same thing.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 01:45:47 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
i'm curious to see if your daughter would say the same thing.

That wasnt all observation, these were mostly her words and thoughts...

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 01:51:30 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
My daughter had a very difficult time relating to her friends when she first got home.  She tried fitting in again, smoked pot and drank, but after a few weeks she noticed that they had stood still (didn’t mature at all) the whole time she was gone .  She found herself seeking out new healthier friendships, new school on her own and headed down an entirely different path of her own choosing.  Everyone was extremely proud of her for taking this on.
I think friends would be the biggest challenge for most kids coming out of a program.  
Not relating to your old friends (because you have matured very quickly)and trying to find new friends is a big challenge… social interaction and acceptance is very important at that age.

That's because the brainwashing went too deep.... the program made her think it was wrong for her to associate with her old friends. Having been tucked away for a while the outside world goes on and the person in a program is the one who is stuck.

It's almost like having a feeling of being exiled.... You are not normal like everyone else any longer. And no matter how much time goes by, that feeling remains in your gut forever.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 01:58:35 PM »
Quote from: ""Botched Programming""
Quote from: ""TheWho""

That's because the brainwashing went too deep.... the program made her think it was wrong for her to associate with her old friends. Having been tucked away for a while the outside world goes on and the person in a program is the one who is stuck.

It's almost like having a feeling of being exiled.... You are not normal like everyone else any longer. And no matter how much time goes by, that feeling remains in your gut forever.

Thats too bad it had that effect on you.  My daughters program basically allowed her to mature quickly by giving her a safe enviornment to grow in and when she got home she was more mature than many kids her age.  
Its like if you were a senior in highschool and you went back to visit friends who were still stuck in Freshmen year it would be difficult to relate and you would probably move on after a few weeks which is what she did.

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 02:11:51 PM »
I feel sorry for you Who ...... You don't have to remain stuck in brainwashing the parents side of the program was subjected to.

We can help you muddle out of the brainwashing, but you have to want our help.

The programming that you received makes you think that what you done was right, not only that but maybe your financial ties to the industry makes it hard for you to break through.

Denial, justification, the insidious need to use cult speak are all signs of parental brainwash. I will pray that the truth open your eyes.

When is the last time you spoke to your therapist??? You should tell them about your obsession with coming to Fornits and spreading propaganda. Good counseling and possibly meds will help you recover.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 02:17:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Botched Programming""
I feel sorry for you Who ...... You don't have to remain stuck in brainwashing the parents side of the program was subjected to.

We can help you muddle out of the brainwashing, but you have to want our help.

The programming that you received makes you think that what you done was right, not only that but maybe your financial ties to the industry makes it hard for you to break through.

Denial, justification, the insidious need to use cult speak are all signs of parental brainwash. I will pray that the truth open your eyes.

When is the last time you spoke to your therapist??? You should tell them about your obsession with coming to Fornits and spreading propaganda. Good counseling and possibly meds will help you recover.

Amen, Thanks Botched.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 02:28:12 PM »
This is not the writing of a grown adult who has a child over the age of 18.

Thats too bad it had that effect on you. My daughters program basically allowed her to mature quickly by giving her a safe enviornment to grow in and when she got home she was more mature than many kids her age.
Its like if you were a senior in highschool and you went back to visit friends who were still stuck in Freshmen year it would be difficult to relate and you would probably move on after a few weeks which is what she did.

get out of here - go back to your cubicle and work on your TPS reports you corporate slave

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 02:40:48 PM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
This is not the writing of a grown adult who has a child over the age of 18.

Thats too bad it had that effect on you. My daughters program basically allowed her to mature quickly by giving her a safe enviornment to grow in and when she got home she was more mature than many kids her age.

get out of here - go back to your cubicle and work on your TPS reports you corporate slave

It is obvious you never attended a program and are only here to stir up crap.. you had your fun now go back to highschool or get your GED.  Let the rest of us, who know about TBS's, do the posting and quit trolling.