Author Topic: psy  (Read 19322 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2007, 09:39:32 AM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Someday when this is all behind us and all the damaging schools are closed down, regulation is defined (for those of you that want that) and implemented.  We can all get together at the Barclay Prime down in Rittenhouse Square, exchange names and stories, toast our successes and feel good the kids are getting the help they need, deserve and are in good hands.

:o  :o  :o  :o  :question:  :o  :question:  :o  :o

the who works for BAIN CAPITAL, owner of CRC HEALTH, owner of ASPEN EDUCATION
BAIN CAPITAL is founded and funds pres, candidate MITT ROMNEY
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2007, 09:58:44 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Someday when this is all behind us and all the damaging schools are closed down, regulation is defined (for those of you that want that) and implemented.  We can all get together at the Barclay Prime down in Rittenhouse Square, exchange names and stories, toast our successes and feel good the kids are getting the help they need, deserve and are in good hands.

THIS is exactly the type of post we should see more of! Posts that lay it down with no need to wade through PAGE LONG articles!

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with posting articles, but not everyone wants to read long articles. I'm one of them, at least most of the time. I like books, but I don't really like reading long articles online that much. It's just a personal thing. No offense to anyone who likes to post long articles, yes at least they're doing something...y'know, i'm just saying..

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
psy
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »
That's the point your moral compass is broken.

Instead of "N" at the top of your compass there is a "$" sign and a "C" for cult.

What an artistic tough guy - he bends noses.

Everyone bow down and chant - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnn. TBS mother teresa has shared  'end of the tunnel' party visions. Mel Wasserman visits him at night and preaches celebration gospel to him. Apparently we all drink Jim Jones beverages, give eachother reach arounds and praise the modern day saviour, outsourced parenting. I'm sure TBS protocol for reacharounds is to walk away half way through.

Before invitations are doled out you might want to do some party planning. In this case:

1. Get the facts straight. Belief is for suicide bombers not kids from broken homes. Collect the facts and present them.
2. Get the industry to own up to it's corrupt foundations, 25+ year track record of cult practices. Get lon woodbury to print and acknowledge the truth.
3. If you care so much, launch a 'get your shit together' camp for unfit partents. Gee - that might help, not subjecting kids to the entire shitstorm.
4. Make the industry wipe it's own ass. They've created a leigon of disgruntled graduates. When you throw a party you have to clean up afterwards. Can anyone say Vietnam vets being spit on when coming home?

Have fun at the pookey party. I'm sure Lon gives a hell of handi.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 10:32:36 AM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2007, 10:31:29 AM »

THIS is exactly the type of post we should see more of! Posts that lay it down with no need to wade through PAGE LONG articles!

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with posting articles, but not everyone wants to read long articles. I'm one of them, at least most of the time. I like books, but I don't really like reading long articles online that much. It's just a personal thing. No offense to anyone who likes to post long articles, yes at least they're doing something...y'know, i'm just saying..

I hear ya,  what I usually do, if the post is extremely long, is give a brief synopses, hilight areas of interest and then provide a link so the reader can choose to read the whole report if they choose to.  No need to post a novel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2007, 10:39:52 AM »
Quote from: ""psy""
Well.  Here are the facts: George was already suicidal.  He was clinically diagnosed as bipolar.  How do I know this, as well as his name?  Jayne Longnecker told me when I interviewed her back in Nov of 06 (so much for patient confidentiality. or student confidentiality, or whatever...)

Yup.  He was clearly a danger to himself and he wanted to get help.  He didn't. Instead, he was yelled at, berated, and browbeaten until he could no longer stand it and killed himself (according to multiple eye witness accounts).  He should have gotten legitimate therapy, he should have felt accepted and loved.  He didn't.  Benchmark advertised to be able to help him and it was criminally irresponsible (IMO) for them to accept him in the condition he was already in.  They told parents I have interviewed that they had qualified counselors on staff and 24 hour supervision (yeah, I got video tape) and all that jazz.  They told my parents the same.  They lied.

Psy,

I'm not a substitute for TheWho, or whatever you choose to call him. (God forbid, I'm very busy and have a family to support.) Consider me rather your average open-minded jury member.

First, you impress me as a sympathetic and articulate young man. I don't get the impression that you're an egotistical two-bit con artist playing the saint. On the contrary, I trust that your intentions are honorable and good.

Here's my gut feeling given the information in your post. If you had told me that George was the picture of mental fitness before going to Benchmark I would say, Hmmm, Benchmark might really be responsible for his suicide. But you candidly acknowledge that George was suicidal when he went to Benchmark. Now, as a jury member, I believe you've already lost your case. Given the bipolar disorder, the suicidal tendencies, and possibly even the suicide attempts, you would find it difficult to prove that Benchmark caused him to commit suicide. At most, I'd say, you could argue that it failed to prevent a suicide, that it's not a good place to send such a kid.

And having been through a program myself I know first hand that Benchmark may have factored into George's suicide. But I don't think you can convincingly claim that Benchmark, and Benchmark alone, caused George to commit suicide.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
psy
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2007, 10:45:29 AM »
What killed George was the asshole staff member who was verbally riding him like a damn mule just prior to him taking a swan dive off a rail road bridge.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
What killed George was the asshole staff member who was verbally riding him like a damn mule just prior to him taking a swan dive off a rail road bridge.

I have two years' experience of asshole staff members verbally riding me like a damn mule, and I'm alive to say it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2007, 11:04:21 AM »

I have two years' experience of asshole staff members verbally riding me like a damn mule, and I'm alive to say it.

Asshole, why is this difficult to comprehend?

If you torture a kid with the intention of detstorying their minds through brain modification techniques spearheaded by the thought reform "brain restructuring" prisons of north korea and china, some kids won't survive, others will.

Similarly, if you shoot a kid in the head some will survive, others won't. Some will recover with remarkabley little damage, many will recover partially, but never have the strenght and capabilities they once had. Some will be frail previously to being shot in the head, and those will most suseptable to injury and death.

however, it's the shooter that is "responsible" for the death, because they caused grevious injury to another human being in a gross, violating, torturous fashion.

i don't beleive you've actually been in a program, (or have a functional brain) or this concept would be pretty simple to grasp.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2007, 11:17:44 AM »

You like being ridden like a mule. You don't know any better. You're a follower. If other people didn't make decisions for you you'd still be deciding what to have for breakfast last week.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2007, 11:19:21 AM »

If you torture a kid with the intention of detstorying their minds through brain modification techniques spearheaded by the thought reform "brain restructuring" prisons of north korea and china, some kids won't survive, others will.

Similarly, if you shoot a kid in the head some will survive, others won't. Some will recover with remarkabley little damage, many will recover partially, but never have the strenght and capabilities they once had. Some will be frail previously to being shot in the head, and those will most suseptable to injury and death.

however, it's the shooter that is "responsible" for the death, because they caused grevious injury to another human being in a gross, violating, torturous fashion.

i don't beleive you've actually been in a program, (or have a functional brain) or this concept would be pretty simple to grasp.

The number of survivors of Russian roulette (or Auschwitz, or whatever dumb rhetorical analogy you cook up) about equals the number of suicides of programs.

As for my attending a program, there are those on these forums who will attest it. You are free to delude yourself, however.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2007, 11:19:47 AM »
Seems what people are trying to say is that the cause of Georges death is unknown, he might have just received a letter from an ex-girlfriend or family member that effected him emotionally.  We need to remember that he was suffering prior to Benchmark.  If he was working at McDonalds just prior to taking his life I am sure the anti-fast food people would blame McDonalds for his death.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2007, 11:23:10 AM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""

You like being ridden like a mule. You don't know any better. You're a follower. If other people didn't make decisions for you you'd still be deciding what to have for breakfast last week.

DDF, I expected more of you than the usual badmouthing of anyone who approaches George's suicide with a modicum of objectivity. Guess I was wrong.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2007, 11:30:12 AM »
The Who - Substitute

TBS = outsourced parenting (substitue)

You think we look pretty good together
You think my shoes are made of leather

But I'm a substitute for another guy
I look pretty tall but my heels are high
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated, yeah

Substitute your lies for fact
I can see right through your plastic mac
I look all white, but my dad was black
My fine looking suit is really made out of sack

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth
The north side of my town faced east, and the east was facing south
And now you dare to look me in the eye
Those crocodile tears are what you cry
It's a genuine problem, you won't try
To work it out at all you just pass it by, pass it by

Substitute me for him
Substitute my coke for gin
Substitute you for my mum
At least I'll get my washing done

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2007, 11:48:37 AM »

The number of survivors of Russian roulette (or Auschwitz, or whatever dumb rhetorical analogy you cook up) about equals the number of suicides of programs.

Why is it dumb?
 Read over this forum. I came across a thread where a cedu survivor reported that out of 12 kids in his peer group, only 5 are still alive. Half of the kids I kept in touch with have offed themselves.

Whether the proportion of kids that kill themselves is as high as the proportion of kids who die who ended up in Auschwitz, is to a certain extant, immaterial.

If a group of victims are shot in the stomach that group will die in proportionally lower numbers than a group of victims shot in the head. However, the criminal inflicting the grievous, potentially mortal, physical injury remains responsible. Brainwashing via torture inflicts grievous, potentially mortal, physical injury. It DESTROYS the brain, and purposely creates as psychologically terrifying and despair inducing environment

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »

Why is it dumb?
 Read over this forum. I came across a thread where a cedu survivor reported that out of 12 kids in his peer group, only 5 are still alive. Half of the kids I kept in touch with have offed themselves.

Whether the proportion of kids that kill themselves is as high as the proportion of kids who die who ended up in Auschwitz, is to a certain extant, immaterial.

If a group of victims are shot in the stomach that group will die in proportionally lower numbers than a group of victims shot in the head. However, the criminal inflicting the grievous, potentially mortal, physical injury remains responsible. Brainwashing via torture inflicts grievous, potentially mortal, physical injury. It DESTROYS the brain, and purposely creates as psychologically terrifying and despair inducing environment

Look, you can say whatever the hell you want here. Fornits is a state of anarchy. It'll be interesting to see what happens when anarchy and civilization collide.

If there is model of civic and social organization here, it's this:

A web.

A hungry spider.

A lot of flies.