Author Topic: Who remembers what KHK taught about the DISEASE CONCEPT?  (Read 4073 times)

Offline Baby Cakes

• View Profile
Re: Who remembers what KHK taught about the DISEASE CONCEPT?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 02:19:51 AM »
Quote from: "Froddy's Dingleberry"
Sure, DP, let's start with the complete transcription of an official/genuine/copy of an original- Circa mid-80's KHK Disease Concept paper, shall we?  :rofl: oh, and a * denotes an original author spelling error... Transcription courtesy of MG8.

"Disease Concept

...Drug abuse is a disease, not a symptom of some other problem. It is primary. In the past, and unfortunately even in the present, some physicians and some mental health professionals have believed that if they treated the underlying problem of the adolescent, he or she would stop using drugs. This approach was a total failure. As long as an adolescent is using drugs, no treatment for other issues is effective or even possible. Most frequently, drug abuse is the cause and not the result of the other problems. In any event, it must be treated first. This is the treatment approach of Kids Helping Kids.

WTF??? Not a symptom of other problems??? Where's the balance in that statement? Maybe some kids have less problems or whatnot than others, but at that age (any age really) there is almost ALWAYS an underlying reason for wanting to escape from one's reality. How can they ignore the underlying issues and simply "treat" the drug abuse? That's just simply the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Who the fuck are these people?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 01:46:04 AM »
Quote from: "Baby Cakes"
Quote from: "Froddy's Dingleberry"
Sure, DP, let's start with the complete transcription of an official/genuine/copy of an original- Circa mid-80's KHK Disease Concept paper, shall we?  :rofl: oh, and a * denotes an original author spelling error... Transcription courtesy of MG8.

"Disease Concept

...Drug abuse is a disease, not a symptom of some other problem. It is primary. In the past, and unfortunately even in the present, some physicians and some mental health professionals have believed that if they treated the underlying problem of the adolescent, he or she would stop using drugs. This approach was a total failure. As long as an adolescent is using drugs, no treatment for other issues is effective or even possible. Most frequently, drug abuse is the cause and not the result of the other problems. In any event, it must be treated first. This is the treatment approach of Kids Helping Kids.

WTF??? Not a symptom of other problems??? Where's the balance in that statement? Maybe some kids have less problems or whatnot than others, but at that age (any age really) there is almost ALWAYS an underlying reason for wanting to escape from one's reality. How can they ignore the underlying issues and simply "treat" the drug abuse? That's just simply the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Who the fuck are these people?

This whole methodology was created by ignorant self proclaimed experts on drug addiction, and the people who carried it on into the future are simply monsters.
I agree with you whole heartedly...the reason  and one of the only reasons that I was using anything at all back then(experimenting) is b/c I was completely unhappy with my homelife.....There was always a family fight and unhappiness about in my house. I had disowned my family in my heart and adopted my friends as my family......then I experimented to escape in my mind the sadness that it all had brought to me. If those are not underlying problems that , well, damn I just don't know what are.
Yes, we had to verbally and mentally and emotionally pick each  other apart and then say I love ye. Twisted huh?
Brainwashing tactics at their finest. I am glad that ye were not in there as well, as I wish this form of treatment upon no one ever! Some of us were mentally stronger than others as far as being traumitized(meaning within the confines of the levels of traumatization) but we were still all definitely affected in a very negative way. I consider myself lucky to be one of the ones that was stronger, but even the "stronger" ones were still brainwashed (myself included) unfortunately.
-DP
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Baby Cakes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 07:21:53 AM »
DP, there was most assuredly brainwashing going on, however we were not afforded the luxury (jk) of arm/leg waiving while doing it. Nor were we to say we love ye when the individual was done doing what they were doing. i picture a robot army saying in unison "we love ye so an so".  Redic. As a friend of mine would put it. She like to abbreviate things. I've decided to find it funny. You didn't answer my question about workshops/propheets?

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 12:13:24 AM »
DP, there was most assuredly brainwashing going on, however we were not afforded the luxury (jk) of arm/leg waiving while doing it. Nor were we to say we love ye when the individual was done doing what they were doing. i picture a robot army saying in unison "we love ye so an so".  Redic. As a friend of mine would put it. She like to abbreviate things. I've decided to find it funny. You didn't answer my question about workshops/propheets?

to answer your question, they had parent workshops, known as parent raps, but I have never heard of propheets...what are they? Parent raps are where the brainwashing of parents occurs and is reinforced over and over again.
You are correct it was and is like robots in unison, most definitely.
-DP :)
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright

Offline Baby Cakes

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 01:43:21 AM »
here you go...

http://fornits.com/wiki/index.php/CEDU_lingo#Propheet

lemme know if you have any questions

Offline Froderik

• View Profile

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 01:11:15 AM »
here you go...

http://fornits.com/wiki/index.php/CEDU_lingo#Propheet

lemme know if you have any questions
I see they used the word "rap" in their lingo.....From what I read it sounds like a cult definitely to me.
Please feel free to elaborate on that. I do not know where to start exactly with my questions.
-DP

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 09:52:58 PM »
MI's (Moral Inventory) was a written confessional, feel like shit cuz yer a damn druggie then lift you up at the end kinda paper that you had to write every single day. Sometimes, this was written while so tired, (delerious) that it would not make any sense at all. Constant mind games and back and forth "do you feel good about that?" "Do you have a doubt about that" or a hearty "GET HONEST, or HAVE A SEAT", or "you're just looking for instant gratification" or a whole slew of other cliches designed to keep your brain squished as flat as could be. Well, that description of the chicken thing, lol, yes, but add some rabies and lots of energy drinks on low speed film, (like the really old newsreels, lol,) to those chickens and that was what it was like with 200 or so motivators in group.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 11:06:34 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
http://www.youtube.com/v/6UV3kRV46Zs&rel=1

And....the chicken dance is putting it mild!
-DP