Author Topic: New addition to protest board...  (Read 11424 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: tools is pllural
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2007, 06:03:51 PM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
So what is with all the inane blather in your original post implying some sort of criminal violation on my part? I feel your intention was to intimidate me into removing the photos as they prove embarrassing to AARC when presented in the format that I've had them arranged.

No, there was no intimidation factor there. I was simply stating fact. You can do what you want from there.  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: tools is pllural
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2007, 06:13:27 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Cougar_Sean""
name two tools aarc gave you.

1. The Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous
2. A healthy environment to practice, and learn them.

http://http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Alcoholics+Anonymous+failure+rate

I'll leave it to the others to debunk the myth of AARC's safety that you are attempting to perpetuate.

Well, I felt safe at AARC. Before AARC I was living a gang life, and eventually ended up in jail because of it. It would have been hard for me to join Alcoholics Anonymous on the outside and practice it myself. I needed a place like AARC to keep me away from the drugs and booze so that I could start working the 12 steps. I'm not here to tell you that you have to agree with me about AARC. I know there are a lot of people that wont. I have been through AARC, and know what it has provided me with, and I am grateful for that. Wether or not you want to believe me is your decision.

And about the google search you did. Try searching Alcoholics Anonymous success rate. Seems like you guys try way too hard to prove the sober world wrong. I don't think Alcoholics Anonymous would be so big, and so well known if it didn't work for some people. You should try going to a meeting with an open mind and see what people have to say. Your opinion might change. Just a thought.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
New addition to protest board...
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2007, 06:23:44 PM »
I can clearly see how well AA worked for those in the pictures.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2007, 06:41:32 PM »
I can clearly see how well AA worked for those in the pictures.

No Kidding! What horror. Young people having fun! Gasp!!! Disgusting. They are obviously brainwashed cultists participating in a ritual. Deprogramming is required!

:lol:

Offline Mel

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2007, 12:02:50 AM »

No Kidding! What horror. Young people having fun! Gasp!!! Disgusting. They are obviously brainwashed cultists participating in a ritual. Deprogramming is required!

They aren't young!!! Those are grown men!!! Collin is at least 30! Yes if they were young frat boys in a dorm I'd think nothing of it, but they're grown ass men "working" (playing guitar hero) in a "treatment facility"! What again are parents paying all that money for??? Sorry guys, that type of behavior stops being cute after about age 21, at the very latest.  At least frat boys can blame their immature behavior on alcohol the next day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2007, 12:41:07 AM »
One does expect some level of professionalism from the staff when they are paying for it. Sadly the pictures display in living colour the complete catastrophic failure of the program to effect lasting change in the lives of these young men.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2007, 02:31:34 AM »
Wow, this is pathetic. I was unaware that 30 year old guys are unable to play video games. Also was unaware that this was an activity that was frowned upon at aarc when the facilities are closed and the staff is there after hours. There is a hockey rink and gym as well... are we permitted to use that as well? According to you guys we dont let the kids use any of that stuff..well I guess someone needs to hey?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2007, 02:59:15 AM »
Might it also be the shotgunning of beers and the "smoke pit"? I'm leaning towards that part of it myself. The guitar hero business is more secondary in my mind.

Any explanation for this group being so poorly served by AARC?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2007, 07:32:26 AM »
The program is a worthless shithole?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2007, 11:49:43 AM »
Cougar_Sean wrote:

AA is WIDELY available outside of AARC.

If your own home with your own parents isn't a healthy environment for you to practice these tools then how is your home a healthy environment to be a host recovery home for the OTHER clients in the program?

Since these homes are unlicensed anyway, and AA is a FREE program. Why don't you all just go to AA meetings and stay at each other's houses? That's pretty much what you're doing anyway. Right?

Why is AARC charging $150 and getting millions of dollars in donations each year to accomplish the same thing?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2007, 11:59:46 AM »
The program is a worthless shithole?

Mmmmm... COULD BE!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2007, 12:44:10 PM »
Cougar_Sean wrote:

AA is WIDELY available outside of AARC.

If your own home with your own parents isn't a healthy environment for you to practice these tools then how is your home a healthy environment to be a host recovery home for the OTHER clients in the program?

Since these homes are unlicensed anyway, and AA is a FREE program. Why don't you all just go to AA meetings and stay at each other's houses? That's pretty much what you're doing anyway. Right?

Why is AARC charging $150 and getting millions of dollars in donations each year to accomplish the same thing?

I didn't come on here to explain in detail why AARC is so good. I honestly have nothing to prove to you guys about AARC or AA for that matter. I am simply talking about how AARC has helped me, and that I am grateful for that. You guys will take anything I say, and use it against me, or use it as an argument anyway. If you guys have mature questions about AARC, and are willing to learn a thing a or two about the program go ahead and ask me questions about it. I will be more than happy to be honest with you. You guys just don't seem to be willing to be open to anyones opinion if it is a positive one. Seems like you are purely attracted to the negative ones.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Mel""

They aren't young!!! Those are grown men!!! Collin is at least 30! Yes if they were young frat boys in a dorm I'd think nothing of it, but they're grown ass men "working" (playing guitar hero) in a "treatment facility"! What again are parents paying all that money for??? Sorry guys, that type of behavior stops being cute after about age 21, at the very latest.  At least frat boys can blame their immature behavior on alcohol the next day.

Well look at you passing judgement on what is and is not appropriate behaviour. You people are hilarious - for years painting AARC as worse than a gulag, then posting pictures of people - who cares what age - having fun. Which, I may add, seems to happen a lot there (between torture, rape and indoctrination meetings )  :evil:  :evil:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2007, 11:27:30 AM »
If you guys have mature questions about AARC,

Why do the clients who leave AARC and try to live life on their own come to such tragic consequences?

Like Andy Evans? (And he's not the only example). Was a graduate, even a counselor at AARC. Why did he leave AARC to murder a woman and spend the rest of his life in jail?

This is an honest question. It seems the only ones who do ok stay with the AARC program after graduation.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2007, 10:22:56 PM »
Of the first six people I met who had been in AARC, three were females and three were males.  Five of the six were graduates.  All three females were sexually assaulted during their time in AARC.  One by a staff member, one by a male oldcomer, and the other by unknown assailants.  Of the males, one is currently incarcerated for a violent crime and one is facing charges for a violent crime.  AARC is not a gulag, it's a cult that fosters abuse of children by both adults and other adolescent inmates.  It was born out of a cult, and will always be a cult.  The staff are degenerates and amateurs.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992