Author Topic: roidin' roger clemens  (Read 1790 times)

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
roidin' roger clemens
« on: December 14, 2007, 04:07:15 PM »
I think this mitchell report news about clemens and pettite should have the following effect on the history books:

world series champs since 1997:

1997 - Florida Marlins
1998 - New York Yankees
1999 - New York Yankees*
2000 - New York Yankees*
2001 - Arizona Diamondbacks
2002 - Anaheim Angels
2003 - Florida Marlins
2004 - Boston Red Sox
2005 - Chicago White Sox
2006 - St. Louis Cardinals
2007 - Boston Red Sox

* - wouldn't have won world series if their ace wasn't getting shot in the buttocks with HGH
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 05:10:24 PM by Guest »
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
roidin' roger clemens
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 05:05:03 PM »
Bill Simmons' most recent page 2 mailbag column would clearly agree with you.

"The 2000 Yankees had nine Mitchell reporters, including Clemens, and they haven't won a World Series since. Now there's the makings of a legitimate curse: The Curse of the Bambino never made sense because getting sold to the Yankees was the best thing that ever happened to Babe Ruth's career. But the "Curse of Clemens" makes much more sense, doesn't it?"

Isn't your post-season roster limited to 25 players? 9 out of 25 players were cheating? If the Bonds record deserves an asterisk then that world championship certainly deserves one as well.

Disgusting that the greatest hitter of our generation, the greatest pitcher of our generation, and arguably the greatest team of our generation all had to cheat to achieve it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
roidin' roger clemens
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 06:46:49 PM »
22 of the 86 players named in the report played for the yankees during the time they were allegedly using.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
roidin' roger clemens
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 03:11:36 PM »
Personally I dont see what all the hubub is about....

I mean, they're ALL on the juice more or less...so its not like there is any performance disadvantage right?  If everyone is on it, then its fair play is it not?
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
roidin' roger clemens
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 04:46:22 PM »
no you're right, the mitchell report was completely over-hyped, was an immense waste of money, and probably named a fraction of the players who were actually juicing. in all honesty, the report didn't need to name names. the suppliers should have been called out and the implications on young athletes should have been the focus, but if you can't name them all then don't single out a small percentage of the players.

my motives for the post are more that I hate the yankees and will jump at the chance to discredit their 4 straight titles :D

unfortunately, though, everyone is not on it. I'd argue that there are more players in MLB and the minors that are clean than there are juicing. when I left BCA and came home and rejoined my HS baseball team (I played at a school that is very competitive annually in baseball...fortunately I was able to play ball at BCA and didn't have too much catching up to do), I found that a few players on the team had begun to take steroids (and even then that's only the few players I knew about), and even though our school was a powerhouse, I'm sure a good chunk of players on other teams were using them as well. still, most of my friends on the team and I would never touch the stuff, so how is that fair to us?

high school baseball is far more important and competitive than college baseball; if you're not drafted into the minors straight out of high school, you're probably not cut out for the pros (of course, a lot of guys get drafted out of HS but defer and go to school because they're wise). so I'd say the percentage of pros and high school seniors juicing are not too far off, and there are enough clean pros and HS players that it really isn't fair play.

not to mention the pure hell it wreaks on your body. it's a sad day if one of our nation's most beloved games has an entry fee of severe bodily harm, all because the only way to ensure "fair play" is for everyone to just give in and juice.

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
I LOVE my Yankees
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 09:24:34 PM »
::noway::    You broke my heart boys!:cry:
Of all the things I\'ve ever lost, I miss my mind the most.
Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"