Author Topic: i think i was abused in a program  (Read 5088 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i think i was abused in a program
« on: December 11, 2007, 03:07:45 PM »
i say i think because i dont know what the legal definition of abuse is. i was kept against my will with no due process and they didnt let me leave until i was an adult. there was nothing you could do to get out unless you killed yourself which some people were trying to do a lot. there were no judges or police there only local employees so it was all private and even the local authorities didn't seem to care. i dont think anybody cared???????
so now its a couple years later and i find this site and i find out i am not the only one angry about this. so tell me please what can i do?????
can i call someone or write a letter to someone and have this issue taken care of? afterall we live in the greatest country in the history of the planet, the united states of america, the country of lincoln and roosevelt so this sort of treatment seems like it should be illegal?
i was kept against my will for a little over a year. it didn't help me with the problems i was supposed to be getting help from. i went in after my family found out i was smoking dope and hanging around the wrong crowd. i got arrested plenty of times after it but not before. so the police didnt know about me how could i end up in jail without a trial like in law and order show?
please explain to me what you have found out because i am confused who i need to contact to get some kind of money payout or get some people put in jail. also tell me what the legal definition of abuse is, i dont want to say i was abuse if i really wasnt. they didnt walk around hitting us out of anger it was much more subtle and systematic than that. i feel like a part of me is still there. so help me if you can i would appreciate it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 03:12:14 PM »
what program is it?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 03:27:57 PM »
Abuse has a very broad definition and can be classified into such categories as:
Physical abuse
Sexual abuse
Verbal Abuse
Emotional abuse
Psychological abuse

Then child abuse which has its own subset.

If you feel uncomfortable about what happened to you, during your stay, you should talk to someone about it.  

As far as being forced to go to school or attend a program there is very little you can do about it until you are of age and as long as your parents gave permission.
If kids feel they would be better off on their own they can get emanipated at an earlier age than the legal 18/21.

Offline Buddha22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 03:28:17 PM »
we need a little more info
 was there physical restraining there or a humongous amount of Negative reinforcement
did the staff use verbally abusive tactics
 were they not friendly at all?

but holding one against their will when their not of age is legal though
but I think it is inhumane and unjust.
"The Cause Of Human Suffering Is Human Ignorance"- Socrates

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 03:28:20 PM »
listen im not here to be interviewed i left out the name for a reason. what i need is phone numbers and names and contact information on who i need to get in contact with to get something done quickly.
 i am really need of some money right now but if i can't get that the program staff and owner in jail will be fine to. so no more questions to me please, i need answers and thats it. you have some answers? great , post them here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 03:36:50 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Abuse has a very broad definition and can be classified into such categories as:
Physical abuse
Sexual abuse
Verbal Abuse
Emotional abuse
Psychological abuse

If you feel uncomfortable about what happened to you, during your stay, you should talk to someone about it.  

As far as being forced to go to school or attend a program there is very little you can do about it until you are of age and as long as your parents gave permission.
If kids feel they would be better off on their own they can get emanipated at an earlier age than the legal 18/21.

By you coming around here Who spreading your lies about programs being good, you are being Verbally abusive, Emotionally abusive, and Psychologically abusive[/color]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 03:48:04 PM »
sorry if i came off harsh but im stressing bigtime here. im frustrated because ive been around in circles with school counselors in the past and ive talked to every important person who would listen, wrote letters to so many people and nothing more than some token sympathy ever resulted. you can trace my shitty financial situation right back to the program when i had to walk out with nothing after i was an adult and all i want is a little help because i am going to be kicked out of the room i rent at the end of this week and i dont get paid until the end of the month since its a new job.
i cant be living on the street and trying to go into work everyday.
i dont own a car and i have a golden retriever to take care of because i love dogs i got one. so at this point i come off harsh because i need someones phone number who will be sympathetic but also put the money where their sympathy is. i have worked hard since i had to walk out of a program but that hasnt been enough i guess. i never thought it would happen to me to be a bum but here i am, freaking out and not sure what to do. again please please please help if you can, is there some kind of fund or government program that helps people  who need it?
my family "cut me off" years ago when i didnt want to stay and graduate the program and so i cant go to them because i havent talked to them in years and it would prove them right , and they would savor seeing me in desperate need of their help and i cant give them that satisfaction, do you undertstand this? i know some of you might. i am not asking you for money because i will live on a friends couch or pitch a tent in a park if i need to i am not ashamed.
i was just hoping there is some kind of  help somewhere i can get mostly because i am afraid once i am on the street it will be hard to get back to where i am at because i did it before and it took several yeras to get back to normal and all that. thanks for listening at least sorry for being rude i am just streessed to the point i am seriously considering killing myself (not saying that to offend anyone just how i feel) but the reason i dont is because my dog likes me so much, he would be heartbroken. names phone numbers and any poor people programs that you know about? pleeeeeaseeeee?! with sugar on top????? :)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 03:49:56 PM »
Quote from: ""Abused""
Physical abuse
Sexual abuse
Verbal Abuse
Emotional abuse
Psychological abuse

By you coming around here Who spreading your lies about programs being good, you are being Verbally abusive, Emotionally abusive, and Psychologically abusive[/color]

See this is why we need to be very careful in believing what we read here specifically when we read about kids saying they have been abused.  
This reinforces the need to question the person when they say they have been abused because each person has their own definition (like the poster above who posted as "Abused").

I personally dont think reading information (good or bad, truthful or not) is considered abusive and constitutes legal recourse, but this poster does and I would question him/her if they claimed they were abused in a program simply on the basis of their definition of the word abuse.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 03:54:27 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 03:50:09 PM »
If we don't know where you are or where your program is we can't really help you. There isn't any national level authority about this.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 04:15:34 PM »
listen im not looking for your help all i need is information and thats it. keep your checkbook in your pocket because thats not what i am asking for. someone telling me how to get monney from being abused in a program, why does it matter which programs i was at anyway. why am i going to announce to a program that i am trying to get money from them, what sense would that make,.
what i need is some information on people who got money from being abused ina  program. i want to know what is legally abuse so i can get money i won't be making a fool of myself. i think these are questions that can be answered. if you also know of any ideas for people with no money or place to live that would help to.
i think you think i am still in a program i got out a few years ago i am a free person even though i was kind fo forced into rehab recently but thats another story. programs read this stuff and i dont want to give them early warning i am coming after them. like i said if i cant get money i wont cry, but as a second prize why not try to get them put in jail. what is abuse so oi can call the police, these are questions i need anwered. hell if i have to live on the street i will make their lives as diffiicult as mine too, why not right what are they going to do, sue me and take my dog ??where am i now? i am in san jose california, are you around here and want to let me sleep on your couch?? :)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 04:17:49 PM »
Quote from: ""Abused""
Physical abuse
Sexual abuse
Verbal Abuse
Emotional abuse
Psychological abuse

See this is why we need to be very careful in believing what we read here specifically when we read about kids saying they have been abused.  
This reinforces the need to question the person when they say they have been abused because each person has their own definition (like the poster above who posted as "Abused").

I personally dont think reading information (good or bad, truthful or not) is considered abusive and constitutes legal recourse, but this poster does and I would question him/her if they claimed they were abused in a program simply on the basis of their definition of the word abuse.

Hey..... Would you be willing to picket against abusive programs based on mental, verbal and emotional abuse????

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 04:34:44 PM »
have you tried contacting

cafety
isac
heal
type these names into google. They will take you there. The people can assist you. Your best bet is cafety for imediate assistance. You will need to talk to someone personally about this.

YES!! You can get compensation for your abuse, which includes evicting you out without a home lined up. Legally, no one can "throw out" anyone . Abducting someone, keeping them prisoner, and your family telling you that you need to stay there or will be forced onto the streets is in violation of that law. People cannot be evicted from any home situation, without LEGAL authority and an allowence of about 6 months to give the tennant time to find a new place. Kids don't know this, so they get way with it.

Niles, botched programing, why don't you pm the kid.

I'd pm you, but the forum is apparently broken and I cannot register.

You shouldn'y be worried about giving the name of your program, but giving your name, and current details of your current financial plight might not be a good idea.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 04:49:26 PM »
Deprivation of an education is a violation of federal law.

Were you in a program that provided you with an accredited education?

If not, that's a clear violation of your rights under federal law.

Human rights violations like sleep deprivation, food deprivation, no hot water, forced labor, being made to discipline other children, isolation, etc. are all legitimate examples of abuse.

Abuse can be physical, mental, emotional, psychological.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 05:00:03 PM »
Quote from: ""mike macen""
listen im not looking for your help all i need is information and thats it. keep your checkbook in your pocket because thats not what i am asking for. someone telling me how to get monney from being abused in a program, why does it matter which programs i was at anyway. why am i going to announce to a program that i am trying to get money from them, what sense would that make,.
what i need is some information on people who got money from being abused ina  program. i want to know what is legally abuse so i can get money i won't be making a fool of myself. i think these are questions that can be answered. if you also know of any ideas for people with no money or place to live that would help to.
i think you think i am still in a program i got out a few years ago i am a free person even though i was kind fo forced into rehab recently but thats another story. programs read this stuff and i dont want to give them early warning i am coming after them. like i said if i cant get money i wont cry, but as a second prize why not try to get them put in jail. what is abuse so oi can call the police, these are questions i need anwered. hell if i have to live on the street i will make their lives as diffiicult as mine too, why not right what are they going to do, sue me and take my dog ??where am i now? i am in san jose california, are you around here and want to let me sleep on your couch?? :)

Okay, I'll bite on this one. From what you say you are in your very early 20's. It seems like you are falling upon some hard times. You're answer is not suing the schools/programs. That takes a lot of time, energy, and that's something a person like you does not have. You say your almost on the street, right? You need to focus keeping yourself, and your dog off the street. If you rent a room, you need to explain to the person you are living with, that you are not paid till the end of the month. You need to ask them if you can pull your weight around the house by doing all the cleaning, taking out of trash, whatever it takes until that time. Also having a written agreement that you will pay them back how, when, and in what kind of payments is good too. Just consider your physical labor like interest that a landlord would normally charge when you are late on rent. It takes time to find a good person, that you can trust, to live with. If they like you, if they trust you, if this is the first time you have ever done this, they will be sympathetic.

However, if you are a pain in the ass, or have done anything like steal from them, or show a pattern of not paying your rent, you are sure to get the boot.

I'm always quick to lend a few bucks, or lend support to my family, and friends. But, you really don't give me any good reason to. You're a complete stranger. Here you are asking us what abuse is, and how you can collect from a program? It sounds to me like you are looking for a handout. Look, life is not easy. You need to go to whatever family, or friends you do have. Even people you know through work. Somebody will help you. You always have to exchange it for something though such as helping out around their house, watching their kids, walking their dog, etc. you get my point. Don't expect people to give you anything for free. If they do, you are very lucky.

I don't mean to be harsh. I hope you are able to figure out a way to keep a roof over your head. Suing a program will not solve your money problems instantly, it is a lengthy process. A long emotionally drawn out process. Focus on the now. The past will always be there to work through. It doesn't sound to me from what you've told me that you have any grounds suing this program? Is that just me?!!!

Good luck.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 05:04:59 PM »
No doubt The Fornitudes will have a field day with CCM's post.