Author Topic: beware  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2003, 12:31:00 PM »
"More weird little posts?" Has there been one already? Which one was it? Indulge me, for Chrissake, I'm an idiot...and if we start seeing any more 'suspicious' looking posts of that nature, I think it would be a damn good idea to "quarantine" them, so to speak, by copying them to their own little section of the board. Post New Topic and call it "Suspicious Scientology Posts." The last thing we need is for some asshole to come along and sabotage this board. We start enough arguments of our own here.  :grin:

[ This Message was edited by: Froderik13 on 2003-07-08 09:34 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
beware
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2003, 01:24:00 PM »
On 2003-07-07 09:19:00, METALGOD8 wrote:

"Is this all lies that the courts made up just to make Ross look bad?"

No, not the courts, just the plaintifs. You might also want to check into the credibility of the people who are complaining about the guy. You'll find that they're no more credible than the people who did your intake. Might even be the same people, or affiliates. Ever wonder about that?

If All it takes is an infinite number of monkeys with type writers, then how come there's no Shakespeare coming out of AOL?
-- Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2003, 01:41:00 PM »
On 2003-07-08 09:31:00, Froderik13 wrote:

"The last thing we need is for some asshole to come along and sabotage this board. We start enough arguments of our own here."

I swear to God, I think we've got the perfect anti-sabotage formula here. I'd like to say I thunk it up all by my lonesome, but that wouldn't be true.

Usenet, where I spent a lot of time a few years ago, operates on this premis. There is no one in charge of the content of the discussion. There's no maternal school marm or paternalistic enforcer to stop anyone from lying, cussing, slamming or otherwise behaving badly. It's entirely up to the reader to decide what to make of it.

The only way anyone can get me to edit anything in these forums is to show me good evidence that they have some kind of proprietary claim on the information. Even at that, I'm leaning so hard on the doctrine of reasonable use, I'd fall over if they removed just one comma from it.

Here's the trick, I don't care what logo they paste onto whatever you're reading or watching on the tee vee; CNN, TimeWarner, AP, USFG or whatever, it's ALWAYS up to the reader or listener to decide what to make of it. The mob of jaberwocks who pretend to ensure the accuracy, impartiality and wholesomeness of your reading and viewing material are selling you a truck load of snake oil.

Anyone who steps to you and tries to say they have the authoritative, certified truth about anything is full of shit.

It's no coincidence that all cults put so much energy into controling communication. The rule here is rampant talking out in group! Carry on, carry on. And lest ye forget, check out the quote that appears in the upper righthand corner of every page in these forums.

The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0451524934/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>O'Brien, the apparatchik

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2003, 06:51:00 PM »
"The last thing we need is for some asshole to come along and sabotage this board. We start enough arguments of our own here."

In the words of the Dixie Chicks, Froderik:

"There's your trouble, there's your trouble, you're seeing double with the wrong one. You can see I love you, you can see she doesn't but you just keep holding on, there's your trouble!"

The answer you seek is in the statement you made, Froderik, only it isn't we, that's them. So open your eyes and look for them. They're hiding in plain sight. :smokin: you've just been indulged. Happy hunting!

"There's your trouble! There's your trouble."

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
beware
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2003, 07:31:00 PM »
Welcome to fantasy land -

::rainbow::
It's nice to see educated, well-thought out responses on this board, as opposed to people like Powerful Attituede's bizaree dogmatic rantings.

"Freedom fighters" - Anon???
What a big joke.

Anon, as a fellow poster scripted, ". . . You need to go forth and think for thyself."

Someone is controlling your mind, and it ain't you. ::kiss::
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2003, 08:45:00 AM »
Yes, I agree Ginger, edit nothing...but I don't have a problem with pointing (or giving) the finger to someone posting NONSENSE, BULLSHIT, or otherwise unfounded CRAP here. So my suggestion was/is not to edit or censor them, but to simply put a flag next to their post saying "I think this is a bunch of garbage" by COPYING their post to a special "idiot's corner" as described in my previous post.

In the words of the Dixie Chicks, Froderik:

"There's your trouble, there's your trouble, you're seeing double with the wrong one. You can see I love you, you can see she doesn't but you just keep holding on, there's your trouble!"

The answer you seek is in the statement you made, Froderik, only it isn't we, that's them. So open your eyes and look for them. They're hiding in plain sight.  you've just been indulged. Happy hunting!

"There's your trouble! There's your trouble."

All I've got to say in response to this one is "SAY WHAT??" No really, this one is from left fucking field...I have a lot of "trouble" understanding this innuendo of yours. "What are you saying?"...and BTW the Dixie Chicks can BLOW ME...not because they're too risque, (please) but because they SUCK! How do you like that?  :lol:

Offline ehm

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2003, 10:38:00 AM »
yeeeeeeeeeess dahhhhlinK

they do suck. if you want good music...

check out lambchop! (good shit maynerd)

where do these trolls who are flooding

the board come from? (probably drug war terrorists)

they're like vermin!

(not the cute kind at all)

i'm done now.

*the middle finger*

(it'll be our gang sign)

shhhhh...

don't tell anyone.

please drive thru...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2003, 05:31:00 AM »
Wasn't John Travolta and that Kristie Ally chick deep into Scientology. What was weird was that John Travolta was on a severe losing streak career wise (Remember Two Of A Kind, Staying Alive, the Look Who's Talking movies (w/ Kristie A.), of course you don't). Then WHAM! Out of the blue John Travolta is back, large and in charge in Pulp Fiction and he rises again to megastardom not seen since Saturday Night Fever, Grease, and Urban Cowboy.

Around the time of Pulp Fiction/Get Shorty, he won an award in which he gave credit for his comeback to L. Ron Hubbard, quoting him in his acceptance speech. He said something like "if you set your mind to it, you can achieve anything" which has been around for alot longer than L. Ron Hubbard has. But now I'm thinking maybe scientology could help us all become movie stars, because it helped John Travolta!

However Kristie Alley (spelling?) is doing commercials for Pier One or something, and I just feel sorry for her everytime I see them. Scientology must have favored John over Kristie by exalting him before all men while meanwhile Scientology bitch slapped Kristie, sending her away naked and all bruised up and what have you. Hmmmmm. I guess she just didn't "do it right" unlike John who is obviously an expert scientologist. He even flies planes!

So perhaps it isn't a matter of scientological dogma, but the power resident in the believing one. OR perhaps John was totally mistaken for the real reason for his comeback which is really a result of (and the perpetuation of) the dumbing down of America and the entire world. Have you seen Battefield Earth? What did you think of Broken Arrow? Why did they pick HIM to play the lead role in Swordfish? Why? I'll tell you why! Because I AM John Travolta! Yes, that's right, and you are all under my scientological spell! Go see my movies, even the bad ones, in the millions and billions until I'm bloody rich. Thank you, Scientology. Thank you L. Ron Hubbard for enlightening me while simultaneously erasing the memory of the masses! They have long forgotten my bad movies from the 1980's. With your help, I will soon own the internet and rule the world! Ha Ha Ha HAAAAAAAAAA! (fiendish scientological laughter) Welcome to my Thunderdome, my Children of the Corn! (more fiendish laughter)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2003, 07:42:00 AM »
:rofl: Awwww john-john, why did ever leave your plastic bubble? shoulda stayed there....shoulda stade there....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2003, 07:06:00 PM »
:eek:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2003, 09:03:00 PM »
1996? Are you kidding me?

Look, ask anyone who was involved with SAFE back in 2000. According to Loretta, a band of cowardly cockroaches arrived one open meeting night to try and abduct Weaver Hastings from the premises. Demonizing us was just her attempt to keep her followers from talking to us.

The reality is that we came with signs, flyers and bull horns with the intention of attracting as much attention as possible. That wouldn't exactly help a kidnapping attempt, would it? But then, people who are deeply invested in a cult will believe, and repeat, damned near any lie if that's what it takes to keep their beliefs intact.

The most fundamental purpose of government is defense, not empire.
--Joseph Sobran

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
beware
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2003, 11:16:00 PM »
this has nothing to do with safe.  
http://www.rickross.com/reference/scien ... en416.html

Apparently some people do not understand how and why someone would abuse a cult survivor, let alone someone as astute and reputable as Rick Ross. It is fairly hard work, however, abuse is abuse and kidnapping or whatever other euphemism you call it is what straight and many other programs allegedly supported, condoned, promoted, etc. If people cannot understand that point, that is ok. If you want to cuss and complain, call me names, etc... that is ok too. You make the bed in which you lay. Everyone does, that's life, right? If you can look beyond the history of people and what they have done, great. I suppose that rules are not meant to apply to everyone. Forgiveness is always an option. This 1996 incident just seems full of irony, in my opinion, given the motto of the conference. Good luck either way.

MG8 :smokin: