Author Topic: Variety in the diet  (Read 2240 times)

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Variety in the diet
« on: July 02, 2003, 09:49:00 AM »
I have yet to find a survivor that drinks the same name brand brewskie or alcoholic beverage. I prefer smirnoff ice, it is really easy to drink, :smokin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Variety in the diet
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »
Hmmm...I dont think its a trend.  There are as many beverges in the world as there are people it seems.  It wouldnt seem unlikely that everyone has different tastes.  Just like we all probably dont like the same foods.  Just my thoughts.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Variety in the diet
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 10:44:00 AM »
BIG fan of the Martinis.  The new martinis, like cosmos or sour apple.  Heck, truth be told anything with Vodka in it is OK by me  ::cheers::

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Variety in the diet
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 10:53:00 AM »
Tanguerrey and Tonic....

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Variety in the diet
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 01:19:00 PM »
Beer, goddamnit! Just gimme a beeeah! I'm not really that picky about beer, as long it's of reasonable quality. The last 6-pack of beer that I bought (a few weeks ago) was called "98 Rock". Made by a local brewery here in Charm City, it only set me back $1.99, and it tasted GOOD... better than Budweiser, anyway. (It was a special one-time sorta deal.) It was a lager.  ::puke::

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
Variety in the diet
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 03:21:00 PM »
The worst beers: Red White and Blue, Budweiser, Milwaukee's Best, Rolling Rock.
My favorite? Guinness Extra Stout (on tap...)

I don't drink anymore but when I did it was beer. I always puked when I drank the hard stuff, well.....I'd always puke when I drank too much beer to, ::cheers::

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline gduncan

• View Profile
Variety in the diet
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 03:39:00 PM »
I don't drink, but when I did I used to like Gatorade (lemon-lime) and tequilla for a little pick me up.  I imagine fruit punch or some of the new flavors would be pretty tasty.  What a thirst quencher!

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Variety in the diet
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 04:07:00 PM »
Brew de la KML? I thought that was a year ago or more. Hmm, sure you didnt get that really old stuff?  ::cheers::

MG8 :smokin:

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
Variety in the diet
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 05:25:00 PM »
The Budweiser plant was right down the street from the gulag5515 building.

There was some sort of beer (Budweiser perhaps) truck building right across the street from Cincinnati Straight. I don't know exactly what the place was as it was a small building.  Perhaps a depot, drop off area for smaller trucks to pick up from.  

Does anyone from Cincinnati Straight remember the place?

Don

PS The warehouse used by Cincinnati Straight was a club where a lot of drinking went on.
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
Variety in the diet
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2003, 05:59:00 PM »
Oh my liver.  :silly:
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Variety in the diet
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2003, 10:20:00 PM »
Allright, what the hell, I'm up for a little 'bullshitting'...After straight, I decided to break sobriety sometime in April or May of '85. I had graduated that January. After more or less squatting in a group house on 27th and Howard, I shacked up with an older gal (not much older, damn you, I was 19 and she was 24ish) who had picked me up at a bar and invited me back to a party at her place. I was awestricken by this sexy woman who would have reminded you of Cindy Lauper with one hell of an edge. She was an artist, in art school. She painted with oil.  Pictures of people ripping out their own hearts on backgrounds of red bricks was one persistent theme of hers. She was good, and GREAT in the sack. I had a nose-bleed the first time we had sex. I don't know why. Anyway, she took me to an art opening...lots of free food and...well first, I had eaten a rum-ball accidently. I tasted alcohol. Iwas a little freaked out, but at that point I said "fuck it" and decided that I was gonna have me some of that free white wine! She was like "Hey, I thought you didn't drink" and I said something like "Well, I guess I do now..."
From that day on, we drank plenty together, and partook of other substances as well. She turned me on to the writings of Charles Bukowski, one of the finest writers of our time, and a heavy drinker... ::cheers::

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Variety in the diet
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2003, 11:45:00 PM »
For the most part, the day to day beer is Busch, I know, its cheap, it sucks, but it gets the job done and it keeps the neighborhood moochers at bay.  Rolling Rock is the beer of choice when out rocking and rolling at the club because it delivers and the best part..........no hangovers, then there is Bass Ale for the after ballgame wind down.  Alot can be said also for Yeugling Beer.  It is made local here thru a franchise, and is a pretty damn good beer in it's own right.

As for heavier stuff, Evan Williams makes a damn good whiskey, and Ezra Brooks is pretty good, but I stay away from Sake'  that stuff makes you crazy.  I remember the last time I drank it with some friends, we wound up standing on a bar-stool seeing who could stop the blades of my neighbors ceiling fan the best!  With our damn foreheads, OUCH!

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-07-02 20:47 ]
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Variety in the diet
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2003, 07:02:00 AM »
Pint after pint until the sulfites kick in
Mad Dog 20/20 grape
18% alcohol by volume
"Leave the house rapping"

"and you got the hotwax residue
 you never lose in your razorblade shoes
 stealin' pesos out of my brain
 hazard signs down the alamo lanes